Adobe photoshop cs4 is here!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
YES! I got the email this morning from adobe.

here it is:

graphic.jpg

Heres the direct link:

http://direct.adobe.com/v?xJvnvqJEPlvWlcJq

ENJOY!

I'm so happy... :D

--Neil

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Bah more bloated rubbish. Still sticking to Paint.NET for my minor photo editing needs.. 7-->CS2 didn't have any major changes whatsoever. Not sure how hardcore artists keep up.. definitely not worth all that money for a minor upgrade

kirtik

Reaction score
Hopefully Dreamweaver CS4 will have its bugs with CSS fixed.

jhnrk

Reaction score
I think CS4 is a major update. The CS family now utilizes 64-bit architecture and ie Photoshop and After Effects have support for display adapter processing. Those changes alone are worth the upgrade..

Ainokea

Reaction score
They seem to be just cranking out new versions to get more money. What happen to updates and patches?

jhnrk

Reaction score
This time I really think Adobe has made big changes to the software at core level (64bit support), which isn't something you can just "patch".
Security and other little fixes are free, with Adobe updater, which I would call patching.
CS4 offers new features and that's a quite normal reason to roll out a whole new version.

Sohail

Reaction score
You only found out now, it's been out for almost 2/3 months now :p

intertec

Reaction score
I have the trial right now. Its very different. Whole new interface. Will take sometime to get used to!

Ainokea

Reaction score
I always sucked at photoshop will this one make my art work look any better? LOL....

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
no. before this was a beta. lol

but yeah. it has a ton of new features. Model Editing, ect.

lanxce

Reaction score
i hope they included support for editing GIF images like they did in CS2 which is missing in CS3

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hmmm, photoshop is called "stonehenge" and dreamweaver "stilleto". Also, there is a really good piracy-protection in it :(

xPlozion

Reaction score
Open source Gimp is getting better and better...
yes it is. with the latest release of 2.6, it's amazing, considering i use linux, and adobe doesn't have naitive linux support, and no, wine is not native support.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
FOr those of you running Adobe CS4, how good does the new CS4 suite run utilizing video hardware for more intensive things (nVidia's CUDA ring a bell anyone?) and how well does it run under the 64-bit environment? Just wondering for anyone who might have an idea.