Am I really seeing this correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
If I upgrade to premium, I can only have access to 1 database???
Without a lot of members to suck up all the extra bandwidth, it's pointless. And I very rarely need to send a support ticket...

If I upgrade to "advanced", I will end up spending (in just 2 months time) the same amount of money that it would cost for all of the same features and guarantees for a LIFETIME, with a 1-time $20 fee, at my previous hosting.

I'd really like to upgrade so that I don't have any problems with Dolphin, but the packages seem quite lacking. I'm an interested buyer, if someone could convince me that it's a good deal...

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
With the static x10hosting plan, you get 2 databases for 4.95 a month.

What services are you looking for?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
There are 3 packages in the premium, each giving access to different options. Also, you have mentioned that your previous host guarantees a lifetime account for a one time fee. Have you read the fineprints? Many hosts tend to over-sell their packages, for instance advertising unlimited diskspace, but sending you a shutdown notice when your disk usage reaches a certain amount.

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
There are 3 packages in the premium, each giving access to different options. Also, you have mentioned that your previous host guarantees a lifetime account for a one time fee. Have you read the fineprints? Many hosts tend to over-sell their packages, for instance advertising unlimited diskspace, but sending you a shutdown notice when your disk usage reaches a certain amount.

I won't say who the host is, cause I won't advertise them here, but I've used them on and off for 10 years, and have been a member of their forum for all that time. From my recollection, I've never seen a complaint about a site being shut down without a very good reason.
But please don't think that I'm saying they're better than x10, because the truth is with free hosting there is no hosting better than x10!! It's just strange that with the basic premium package you get less databases than the free.

I'm just trying to make sure that I can run the Dolphin software without any problems, but I also need 2 more databases.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
But please don't think that I'm saying they're better than x10, because the truth is with free hosting there is no hosting better than x10!! It's just strange that with the basic premium package you get less databases than the free.

I'm just trying to make sure that I can run the Dolphin software without any problems, but I also need 2 more databases.

Hi earthinc,

We consider our free services and our premium services two completely different things. The free hosting plan is not considered a limited preview of the premium service, it's a plan on its own. Because of that, the features offered for free hosting should not be directly compared competitively with the features offered for premium hosting.

- Adam

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
Hi earthinc,

We consider our free services and our premium services two completely different things. The free hosting plan is not considered a limited preview of the premium service, it's a plan on its own. Because of that, the features offered for free hosting should not be directly compared competitively with the features offered for premium hosting.

- Adam

As opposed to competitively compared with another host? I'm just asking what the incentive is.

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There are other differences with premium also...but in order to see them you would have to actually compare the TOS/AUP of the free hosting to the paid hosting. Basically the paid hosting is a lot more forgiving.

Edit: Also paid hosting has a SLA, which means guaranteed uptime for your site.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the static package gives less ftp accounts, databases and parked domains.

What you do get is priority support (premium has it's own ticket system), guaranteed uptime of 99.9%, higher limits on resource usage and unmetered disk space and bandwidth.

Over all premium is more stable as there's less accounts per server, and they are less likely to be abused.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I find it pretty strait forward what is listed on the premium package listings. I am sorry if I misinterpreted your request, but you have to understand that I am constantly dealing with people who are trying to abuse x10. People posting threads like this in hopes of getting a discount is not entirely out of the ordinary. The title of the thread is a red flag for me already.

Anyway, the main incentive is the stability of the servers (basically what LadyAnna stated). Also, the servers do not have mail limits and the mail sent from the servers are not as easily classified as spam because the servers are less abused. I have heard mail sent from the free servers goes strait to spam boxes. Bandwidth and disk space is unmetered, allowing for site expansion.

The lack of subdomains and other limiting factors become quite trivial compared to the potential benefits.

apbg2801

Reaction score
But earthinc does have a point. He may not be that obsessed with SLAs, priority support etc. All he is wants is an extra database, few more domains etc. Nothing wrong in asking for juice.

Hala!!

Status
Not open for further replies.