Blank page after successful login to my cPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

geppettvs25

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I opened this thread http://community.x10hosting.com/threads/xo3-x10hosting-wont-allow-me-to-access-cpanel.195778/ in which I received some support and everything seemed to be fixed and worked for a couple of days (the most).

Now I am experiencing almost the same symptoms, except that I can (apparently) login successfully to my cPanel but it is returning a blank page when trying to reach this cPanel page at https://xo3.x10hosting.com:2083/cpsess1270773074/frontend/basic/index.live.php

Any help is appreciated.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

You were using 100% of your disk quota, which was causing this issue. I've gone ahead and upgraded you to the unmetered disk space plan.

geppettvs25

Reaction score
Hello leafypiggy,

Thank you again for your help. I wonder how did that happen but the really important question is: what do I have to do in order to avoid this issues and keep my free hosting healthy?

Was it my fault? or it was a server based issue? If I have to do something else in order to keep my website running without problems please let me know.

Thank you very much. :)

caftpx10

Reaction score
You have to try to stay under the disk quota limit. As you're now on unmetered disk quota, you don't need to worry about that limit anymore, however, two remain.

One that is regarding ToS but won't cause any similar issue is the 1GB image gallery limit.
The second one which you should really be careful with is inodes. Inodes are a count of files and folders, I believe there's a 300,000 50,000 inode limit. If you exceed this, you will have issues with uploading via FTP and you may get some issues with cPanel.

Also, this is to do with what the user has put on to the server so it'd partially to do with the user.
There needs to be better checks in regards to these errors when the disk quota or inode exceeds.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
One that is regarding ToS but won't cause any similar issue is the 1GB image gallery limit.
there is also "Flash arcade sites are limited to 1GB of disk space for the game files."
and while not a 'amount' limit - we have "Accounts are not to be used for file storage"

The second one which you should really be careful with is inodes... I believe there's a 300,000 inode limit.
the [ inode ] limit for accounts on x10hosting's free-hosting servers - is 50,000 - NOT 300,000

caftpx10

Reaction score
there is also "Flash arcade sites are limited to 1GB of disk space for the game files."
and while not a 'amount' limit - we have "Accounts are not to be used for file storage"

the [ inode ] limit for accounts on x10hosting's free-hosting servers - is 50,000 - NOT 300,000
Looked at the wrong section then. Thanks for correcting that though. :p

geppettvs25

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I have checked my image's Gallery. This is a Wordpress based website, and additional to the Wordpress core elements I have 224 uploaded files of which 211 are images, 2 audios (no longer than 10 minutes each, 10MB the most), and some PDF files.

I have other php scripts running on the server which are eXtplorer and osticket and some html samples. Which may be increasing the number of files in the server. I can't say if I am exceeding the 50,000 inode limit. But if this seems to be the issue I would appreciate a lot an advice. I am removing eXtplorer right now and if it is needed I can also remove osticket. But for what it's about Wordpress core files and the webpage contents, I think it's not a major issue for what it's about inodes.

Anyway, please let me know what to do in order to prevent this situations and thank you very much for your help.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi geppettvs25,

It is fairly unusual for an account to reach the inode limit, and I have only seen a few cases where this has happened. Currently your account is using just ~11,000 inodes, so you shouldn't need to worry about that. :)

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
with your account being on x10hosting's free-hosting server [ xo3 ]
you can 'see' the current number used - and the limit of - inodes in [ cPanel x3 ] theme (not x10hosting Basic) under Stats - left hand side of home screen
you might need to open ( click on ) [ Stats ]

geppettvs25

Reaction score
Hi geppettvs25,

It is fairly unusual for an account to reach the inode limit, and I have only seen a few cases where this has happened. Currently your account is using just ~11,000 inodes, so you shouldn't need to worry about that. :)

Thank you,

Thank you very much for your information. I appreciate your help.

geppettvs25

Reaction score
with your account being on x10hosting's free-hosting server [ xo3 ]
you can 'see' the current number used - and the limit of - inodes in [ cPanel x3 ] theme (not x10hosting Basic) under Stats - left hand side of home screen
you might need to open ( click on ) [ Stats ]

Thank you! I didn't see I could switch themes and see the regular cPanel x3 theme instead of the x10hosting Basic.

I appreciate a lot your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.