Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Others---What are they? pls post

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
WordPress would have to be better as they allow you to download their software and place it on your own web hosting/server. Blogger is a service by Google that is free but is limited in what you can do with it.

xPlozion

Reaction score
Build your own! :p You can easily add your own features and not have to worry about anything, other than knowing how to code ;). Although WordPress has better themes imo

Ainokea

Reaction score
are we talking wordpress.org or wordpress.com

like if you host wordpress on your own server it kick ass cause you can customize it however you want.... Thats what I'm working on...

Agenator

Reaction score
WordPress would have to be better as they allow you to download their software and place it on your own web hosting/server. Blogger is a service by Google that is free but is limited in what you can do with it.
I think he was refering to wordpress.com not wordpress.org . Wordpress.com is the official wordpress blog while wordpress.org is the open source counter part server side blogging softwre. In otherwords wordpress.com is essentially the same as blogger.com in concept, you go, sign up for a page, and viola you have your own blog. But there are a few limitations, specifically found in the editing of CSS files etc. But since you are on these forums I am assuming you have your own hosting, so I would look at wordpress.org. For that, just download the software and then install it on your hosting account. There are tons of free plugins, you can write your own plugins, and you can custom build your own templates. Plus the free support of using your own domain, and not having annyoing wordpress.com ads all over your page. For an example of a wordpress.org blog, you can look at two of my custom built templates at http://www.creepyeyestudios.com/religion/wordpress (please do ignore the content as it is for a project at school) and over at http://www.creepyeyestudios (hehehehe I had to get a plug in here somewhere). Anyway you could also go with something a little bit more rudimentary and use simple html and css to build your own "blog" (I'm guessing you dont have too much php/mysql knowledge, which is essential to build a real blog). You could essentially use divisions and borders to create separte chunks of texts. Is it elegante as far as code and ease of use? Not really. Does it give the same effect as a real blog? pretty much. I have also set one of these up for a band who just wanted a simple way to post news updates over at http://www.meltingpointband.com Anyway good luck with your blog.-Agenator
(P.M. me when its up so I can read it, if its for public consumption that is)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
[...]viola you have your own blog.
Should have been "voila"... sorry, my french part was itching...
Anywhat I would have to say Wordpress since it is simple, and it helped me understand the back-end of a blogging engine, as I am building one in my CMS project.

Agenator

Reaction score
Should have been "voila"... sorry, my french part was itching...
hehehehehe yeah, im a white honky what can I say. lol
Anywhat I would have to say Wordpress since it is simple, and it helped me understand the back-end of a blogging engine, as I am building one in my CMS project.
yeah, helped me to!

ChiBuki

Reaction score
I haven't seen people who use Blogger for anything. I guess Wordpress is more multipurpose and popular.

vmadarasz

Reaction score
Well...I voted Others...and Right Now I am using Joomla cause it could fulfill my requirements as a blogger platform and as a CMS in the same time...and I can vary the two as I wish.....

So I Vote for Joomla, not forget to mention the many many extensions, plugins, themes which are available for that platform...

Thanks,

Sohail

Reaction score
WordPress gives you everything you need, it can be easily and fully customized to your liking, it's amazingly powerful and easy to use as well. I wouldn't even try comparing it to Blogger ;)

estate

Reaction score
wordpress has a lot of features and very SE friendly, my blog get indexed faster using wp platform

T

themasterrocker

Please can we stop writing. One line answers. These are not meant to be posted. I have spotted this but since some people have explained their answer please stop the one line posts. If you just ignore this post and post a one line answer then i will issue an infraction

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wordpress, because that isn't hosted (well, don't use the hosted). I would choose wordpress because it got extensions and more and better themes. And also, you wouldn't loose your blog if google decides to shut down blogger/delete your blog for no apparent reason

LuciFerAngel

Reaction score
wordpress >> that was my choice and i got infracted cos of the one word answer cos i didnt read the rules of crossfile , now i will tell you why wordpress .

wordpress because its eaisly to be modified depending on what you want you site to be , a blog , a gallery blog , a magazine or whatever .

wordpress because there are thousands of free theme you can just pick anyone and use it and its too east to modify wordpress theme according to your needs .

wordpress because there are thousands of plugins and each plugin supported by a forum created by the plugin author so you will get help if you face any problem with the plugin .

wordpress because its easy to install it and upgrade it .

wordpress because almost everyone uses wordpress .

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe Wordpress would be better, people can use it on their own site (I think someone said that) and you can change it and have more "freedom" with it.

but with blogger you can't really do everything you can do with wordpress.

Wordpress and it's features I believe would be far greater or better then bloggers features.

jeromerocks

Reaction score
cms and wordpress shouldn't go together. you should use the right tools for the right job.

I'd have to say wordpress is much better as compared to blogger. Wordpress allows for themes, millions of plugins etc. You can't compare simple blogger, which only allows you to post and upload, with wordpress.

crymson

Reaction score
If you want something really, but really "simple". Blogger.com and Wordpress.COM is what you want. These are free online service for blogging. Setting up a blog only takes a few minutes and you don't have to worry about hosting.

But if you want some customizations (like visual themes, and other functionalities) then Wordpress (as an app. from Wordpress.ORG) is probably what you want. You have to get a hosting service for it however (like... X10 hosting :p ) . But it's still very simple to setup and manage.

AJradio

Reaction score
I use B2Evolution

The package automatically comes with a ton of cool skins, I use it from Windows live Writer, and it works AMAZING, and the ACP is easy to use.