C++, PHP, Assembly, Delphi, Java e.t.c Which is most powerful?

tittat

Reaction score
c and c++ are good and powerful,i agree.
But Bloodshed c++ is much powerful than c and c++.
anyone tried it?

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I think C# but I have not got the time to learn it, all I know is Basic, Visual Basic, C++, and GML.

BorderLineSigs

Reaction score
ok...i am not a programmer...but from me past experience (with beign a nerd and playign runescape and WoW) i believe C++ is most powerful...because i also believe that WoW is made by C++...then i think java is 2nd...because runescape ismade by it...i think it does in that order b/c thecodes must be powerful to BE ABLE TO MAKE VIDEOGAMES WITH IT! but i think C++ is more powerful because WoW is WAY more complicated the runescape (runescapes graphics aren't very good)

John0108

Reaction score
C and C++ is really powerful but on platforms. And PHP beats all other languages in web development. I doubt you can compare a platform language and a web language.

hamzaus

Reaction score
codeGear Delphi 2007 for sure, it teachs you how to be lazy person, and it makes you enjoy it too !!!

if you are hardworker, then try delphi ;)

oi2008

Reaction score
I like C++ because of its versatility. It is overall my favorite language. But for implementing quickly algorithms, displaying graphs with the results or perform mathematical operations, I like and use Matlab as well.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
assembly, C, C++ java delphi, php are in the order of powerfull languages

gamerdude

Reaction score
C++ all the way. If you put Binary, and someone picked it, I would of laughed.

kkenny

Reaction score
Let me remind you guys that PHP was developed form some version of C. So I guess C/C+/C++/C# is the most powerful language. PHP and ASP.NET are powerful web languages, and Java/ActionSCript/JavaScript are decent, but their is nothing really special about those three languages.

scorch94

Reaction score
I say there is no best programming language. It's all matter how you use it. So I don't know what to say about most powerful programming language. I've been coding in PHP for a few months already, and it's powerful. It's also really popular with web developers. I don't know what to say about C++. Many people use it too.

So... this is my first and last post in this discussion since I don't have any opinion :)

websoul

Reaction score
it depends on where you use it..
c++ and java are good but hard to code.

marshian

Reaction score
First of all: let's not compare [a fruit] and [any other fruit].
PHP or Java Servlets can't be compared to C or C++ or whatever other not-webdesign-language.

And then what's the most powerful?
The one you can work with the best. For example, if 70% of you say C++ is the best, for me it's the worst language ever, I never studied it, so I can't even do Hello world!
All you can say is how popular a language is and ask the users what's not that good about it. (Why would you ask a C programmer what he thinks of Java if he never even used it? What can he say?)

So the best language ever:
the one you can use best.

engineer54

Reaction score
I think we're leaving out a good one, Ajax. But then the only true language that a computer understands is true mackine language. I use PHP quite a bit and C++, JavaScript (not confused with Java).

I started out fresh and dumb 30+ years ago writing in HEX and Decimal and compiling it into true machine language using a checksum supported compiler which I designed and coded myself. I wrote programs on keypunch cards to run reports over the "mainframe" ... I'll shut up now... I could talk all night about this stuff but I won't bore you further.

kkenny

Reaction score
PHP or Java Servlets can't be compared to C or C++ or whatever other not-webdesign-language.

The one you can work with the best. For example, if 70% of you say C++ is the best, for me it's the worst language ever, I never studied it, so I can't even do Hello world!
All you can say is how popular a language is and ask the users what's not that good about it. (Why would you ask a C programmer what he thinks of Java if he never even used it? What can he say?)

But there are things you can only do in one language that you can't do in another. I'd have to look up for a few examples, but I bet I could find some...

LHVWB

Reaction score
But there are things you can only do in one language that you can't do in another. I'd have to look up for a few examples, but I bet I could find some...

Ah, I would say that most programming languages can do most things, but some are more geared to certain uses than others. For example php can do some GUI stuff, but its almost only used for webdesign.

I personally prefer php because its easy to use and I know it! ;)

scorch94

Reaction score

I have to agree with that one. I code in Pascal. So does it make it worst/best programming language? :)
So Pascal is most powerful for me. And it requires a lot of mathematical knowledge. It doesn't have all the functions like other programming languages (like C) - you have to write a lot of funcs yourself.

As for web programming, I code in PHP - does it make any more powerful than ASP? No, certainly not.

So I agree.

ov3rcl0ck

Reaction score
Assembly is hardest and most powerfull, but c++ isn't far behind and it easier to use. PHP isn't a programming language, its a server-side script, Java isn't very flexible since it runs on its own virtual machine, Delphi is like c++ only hard to find a compiler for, you may want to look into C, C#, python(very powerful script language that can also be a programing language), and perl(another powerful scripting lang).

cursedpsp

Reaction score
PHP is server sided code - which all it does is POSTING actions, perform user actions, set cookies and does what ever you need on a website

Delphi is the same pretty much

Java is the "old" version of C++. Before Microsoft was making there own languages, Java had already became the business end of Programming. Java also works on all platforms and is the most reliable out of the lot. Also Java is used in the following...
DVD Players
Mobile Phones
Retro Games
Computers
Televisions
Games
and many many more..
It is probably the best programming and the most effecting language to learn and use.

C++ on the other hand ONLY work on Operating Systems that have .Net Framwork *.*. Which is Microsoft... Not Mac, not linux, not mozilla. Just Microsoft... Well unfortunately thats bad because if you make an application using C++ you have to bear in mind that it is to a Windows audience that have actually INSTALLED .Net Framework. So the others have to suffer

Application that work on all isnt made from C++ or any other language - its used using those *.dll and *.exe and images and all such.

So the best language is... Dun dun dun! Java!