Cannot Access Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cotumbx1

Reaction score
Well, my friend, who has the exact same computer pretty much. Since we go to the same school who provides computer, can get onto my control panel AND his control panel on safari, that doesn't seem to be true.

TF4um

Reaction score
Ok, that eliminates that theory, i wasnt aware that you had performed those tests. sorry

cotumbx1

Reaction score
It is not a firewall since we have the same filtration system on both computers, they are virtually the same.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
my point is - it could be a firewall anywhere - your network - your ISP - x10hosting

hqmediax

Reaction score
Same problem here I can only access the website from HideMyAss.com but I cannot login from there

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not a firewall since we have the same filtration system on both computers, they are virtually the same.
The IP you currently post from is NOT in the firewall block with us, so from our side there should not be anything stopping you from accessing your account.
Are you both connecting from within the school network? Some schools/workplaces actually block the port cPanel, and thus our portal since that is effectively a cPanel login, uses (2083).
Same problem here I can only access the website from HideMyAss.com but I cannot login from there
Your IP was not in our firewall either, are you by any chance at a school/workplace environment that might be blocking port 2083 outgoing?

cotumbx1

Reaction score
We both are accessing from the exact same desk. So it cannot be the network.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're both at the same desk the school network should not be the cause, you should both be blocked if it was port. What IP do you get when you go to this site: whatsmyip.org just to see if it is the same as the forum logs for your posts.
Do you happen to know what server your friend has his account on? There is a small possibility that the school has the IP of your server blocked, while his is white listed, if it gets lists of malicious IPs and blocks all by automatically, unfortunately the free hosting servers see their share of abuse from time to time and may have ended up on such list.

hqmediax

Reaction score
Your IP was not in our firewall either, are you by any chance at a school/workplace environment that might be blocking port 2083 outgoing?
I'm using my home internet i recently switched to AT&T U-verse and that's when the problems started

Status
Not open for further replies.