Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Option 3

Votes: 190 83.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

greattastic

Reaction score
Looks like that page is giving a 500 Internal Server Error too, I guess we can wait till our pages are back up. :)

Mr. Coolkat

Reaction score
I vote also for option 3.

Is it allready started the backup/restore ?
Cause i ( we ) cant log in any more ?
The othe ftp adress is also not working now.

Anyway , hope you guys can fix it and that ure space will be cleaned up with all the
fake accounts or empty ones.
Succes .....

athan0000

Reaction score
Corey said:
If we do three, I'd still recommend people to their own backup. So I'm telling everyone right now BACK YOUR STUFF up!! :)

You wouldn't believe how many people don't have an e-mail address listed in cPanel. I will try to send an E-mail out though ;)

-Corey

::Edit

An E-mail has just went out with a link to this thread.

you just restored my site last night, should i still need to backup it and/or request a "backup" ticket? Thanks!

M

minievan

Well aaorozco said that i didnt have a backup!!. So i think i will start fresh..
I chose opt 3. Opt1 will probably be the best BUT people would moan etc..

--Evan

Timmattock

Reaction score
hey i always keep a back up of my website, just in case so do what ya like, just make it quick lol:p option 3 so i can be sheeplike

wxper

Reaction score
Option 3 is the best. Let us know when we should create our ticket.:liar:

freerockmidis

Reaction score
3rd option and i created he ticket, but not sure what to put into comments field so i put username (forum and from my cpanel) site URL and hosting plan. Is that good ?

Conor

Reaction score
Option 1. Makes sure that people who are active in the forums and such and use their cpanel get their sites back. Plus it takes less time and puts less stress on you guys.

two4one

Reaction score
i voted for option 3 . but i recommend taking a full backup that would save those holidayers. i hope all you need is a drive to take backup but update only the accounts which opened a ticket.. that would solve the problem.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Accounts have not been deleted. We can not backup all the accounts, it will take atleast a week to do; then the accounts that got backed up at first will be outdated. It's not as simple as copying files, cPanel has to move files in a certain structure and tar it.

haqzombie

Reaction score
Album said:
haqzombie said:
I say wipe it...let everyone start over from scratch.

That wouldn't be fair.
Some members have really intricate sites that are very high maintainance. It probably wouldnt matter as much to the newbies, but some sites have been up for quite some time so you can probably guess how the owners would feel if they found out all their hard work was gone.

Yeah after I posted that I thought a little more about it, and I agree, that number 3 would be the best bet.

greattastic

Reaction score
I'm startin to like option 1, that seems like it would have us all back up the quickest, and take a huge load off the server, and you guys to boot.

Thanks for getting everything up and running again! :)

two4one

Reaction score
Corey said:
We can not backup all the accounts, it will take atleast a week to do;
in such case , i recommend option 1 but sending a email would be nice to intimate all of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.