Deleting site/domain marked as 'main'

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy6

Reaction score
Hi
I want to tidy up my poorly-planned site/directory structure, i.e. change from this:

Root public_html\ domain A - first site created, now superceded by domain B below, but still marked as MAIN
\ folder B + domain B
\ folder C + domain C

by getting rid of domain A and having:
Root public_html\
\ folder B + domain B
\ folder C + domain C
\ NEW folder D + domain D
But as domain A is currently MAIN I'm nervous about that something might happen affecting the other domains if I just delete it. Have considered parking domain A, but it really has no further use and should go. Grateful for reassurance/guidance on how to approach this. Sorry if worrying about nothing.
Thanks.
Owen (synergy6)

Last edited:

synergy6

Reaction score
Looking more at previous threads I now realise that I can't make the change I hoped for above above, because with free service you can't change the MAIN domain, which has to remain the original x10host.com domain. The fallback I guess is to find something useful to do (eg. a testing area) within the original MAIN x10host.com domain. Sorry to have posted before fully researching.
Owen (synergy6)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
We can change your main domain, but it must stay as one of our subdomains. It cannot be changed to a top-level-domain.

synergy6

Reaction score
We can change your main domain, but it must stay as one of our subdomains. It cannot be changed to a top-level-domain.
Thanks Neil & sorry for slow response - I thought I'd answered my own question, negatively. So, based on what you say, could you to help me restructure my account like this:

Root public_html\ [I remove the site synergytherapies.x10host.com, after you switch the MAIN domain to be the 1st sub-domain below]
\synergynaturaltherapies.co.uk [existing sub-domain - becomes MAIN domain]
\downslink.com [existing sub-domain - no change]
\NEW - I create new folder + sub-domain

Does that work? Many thanks
Owen (synergy6)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Owen,

Unfortunately we can only change your main account domain to an x10Hosting subdomain, and your .co.uk would need to stay as a Parked or Addon domain. We can change your main domain to an .x10host.com, .x10.mx, .x10.bz, .elementfx.com or .pcriot.com domain of your choice. ;)

Thank you,

synergy6

Reaction score
Hi Owen,

Unfortunately we can only change your main account domain to an x10Hosting subdomain, and your .co.uk would need to stay as a Parked or Addon domain. We can change your main domain to an .x10host.com, .x10.mx, .x10.bz, .elementfx.com or .pcriot.com domain of your choice. ;)

Thank you,

Thanks for this further clarification. So, can I tweak my structure like this (changes in red):

Root public_html\ [I remove the site synergytherapies.x10host.com, after you switch the MAIN domain to be the 3RD sub-domain below]
\synergynaturaltherapies.co.uk [existing sub-domain]
\downslink.com [existing sub-domain - no change]
\NEW - I create new folder + x10host sub-domain such as: 'omrwebtest.x10host.com' - which also becomes new MAIN domain

? Thanks again. Owen

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The main domain will always have their files residing directly inside root public_html\ so switching the main domain will not change how the folders are organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.