which u give the first periority

• desktop

Votes: 43 68.3%
  • laptop

Votes: 20 31.7%

• Total voters

engsherif

Reaction score
i choose desktop for high speed , high graphics & resolution , cathodray tube screen has more clearness
and high and speedy processors

laptops have anther adven. like hand traveling and effective with businesses & works

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Desktop for gaming, can't beat the better CPUs and overclocking capability.

Laptop for business, travel, and everything else. Laptops are definitely getting better at being on par with desktops though.

-Corey

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Definitely prefer desktops. Although laptops are catching up in terms of hardware, it's still cost for the portability that's a major factor. Plus, in college you have a higher chance of getting your laptop stolen than your desktop (especially if you've got a CRT with your desktop).

Gaming is a necessity, and the last thing I need is a laptop that goes everywhere with me; so desktop it is!

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I have a laptop mainly because I need two workstations, one at home and one at school. Notice I said "workstation" and not only "computer". My laptop is already +1 year old and has Dual Core, Nvidia Video with 256mb VRAM, 2Go Ram, etc... It was meant to handle rendering so it can also handle any game as of now with pretty FPS.

So what would be best for me? Two 2000$ desktop computer or one 2500$ laptop? The choice wasn't hard for me and I still don't regret it.

chunsiang

Reaction score
for me its laptop. cos i mostly use it for skool (gotta bring it to and fro). and i got so used to the small resolution (1024x768) of my laptop that i get headache trying to use my 1280x1024 LCD screen :p

and the games i play arent that gfx demanding (farcry warcraft cs gta nfs etc) so i wun need a high end gfx. so laptop for me personally :)

BUD, i would have preferred BOTH a laptop and a desktop though :D :D :D

Archkronos

Reaction score
Depends what you need it for. A laptop will give you mobility -- at a price.

Desktop hardware is more durable, does not get so hot you could roast a chicken on the underside, and is above all, cheaper.

Hosting4Life

Reaction score
I will go with desktop since it has faster speed and all. Laptops are great if you travel a lot but they are generally more expensive than desktops.

Besides, It will costs more to repair your laptop if its broken. The hardware individual parts might cost more than you bought your laptop for. ;)

-Hosting4Life

darkstang

Reaction score
I prefer laptops for just about everything I do. I can take my laptop anywhere so I can do my work anywhere. It's really nice to be able to just relax on the couch while working.

However if I ever get into gaming I'd definitely be using a desktop.

yearzero

Reaction score
i choose desktop for high speed , high graphics & resolution , cathodray tube screen has more clearness
and high and speedy processors

laptops have anther adven. like hand traveling and effective with businesses & works

me 2 :biggrin:
and i dont have a laptop :eek4:

NetoBochas

Reaction score
I choose Desktop... because they have more capabilities, and they are easy to handle... Laptops are handy when traveling, moving from one place to another, etc. But I still prefer Desktops...

Regards.

Slothie

Reaction score
Notebooks FTW! I'm generally very pleased with mine, I often use it in conjunction with a docking station @ home. In fact I use it so much that my old desktop rig has been relegated to a development server / downloading rig =P

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
Desktops. They're most customizable [is that a word?], and way better for gaming. I usually don't travel around, so I really have no need for a laptop [yet.]

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No doubt this has been said.

Depending on what the application of the machine is.
Wouldn't dare run a server from a laptop.
Gamming/Graphix manipulation and Video editing go hand in hand with desktops.
Everything else, laptops are sufficient nowadays. I use my laptop for all the above and more. My desktop just sitting there at the moment. Gets used when we are a comp. down for lans.

I prefer the portability of a laptop. I carry almost every cable, USB device known to man in my laptop shoulder bag.

There is little I cant do with my top, graphics manipulation, gamming and development. Just lacking in ram to make filters and plugins in adobe run quickly.

cointoss

Reaction score
I voted desktop. I did rent a laptop once, back when I had a job, but I really enjoy the desktop more. I've never had the occasion to "need" to travel with my computer. Also, I don't like to cook my lap. lol. But to me, it's just great to be able to move my keyboard and mouse around. My keyboarding teacher would have a heart attack if she heard such, but I like to type with the keyboard in my lap (thus the problem of cooking my lap with the laptop. lol) Plus the laptop is just not as stable on your lap as say a keyboard.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well I would rather opt for a wirless keyboard and USB mouse than attempting to put my tower on my lap, with a 19" crt monitor resting on my knees.

;P

admael

Reaction score
Depends on what you need it for. Laptops just have the portability and size going for it, otherwise a desktop will always be better, in terms of performance and price. If price is not an issue, spring for the laptop.

helladamnleet

Reaction score
I have had two laptops in the past 5 years, one of them I got from a goodwill for $10, and it ended up being word processing only (it only had windows 95 on it, and 16MB of ram, and something like a 513MB HD), and I ended up taking it apart, and losing most of the pieces.

Then for Christmas I got a decent laptop, but the battery was fried, so I didn't really have going ANYWHERE as an option, but I still sported it for the month before it got stolen (I'm still racking my brains to figure out why I didn't use my desktop PC at the time... I think I didn't have an XP disk to fix it...)

All in all, I would MUCH rather have a laptop, simply because I'm not really a gamer, and unless it's good old ePSX, or zsnes, or gen+, it's not being used on my computer that often.

I'm a pretty big music person too, so if I have a portable HD with all my music, movies, and roms (legal mind you), so I can use a laptop on the go, and my PC at home, I'm good.

Sometimes I long to sit at a desk, and sometimes I long to just lay in bed and surf the net, and sometimes I just wanna go to a friend's house and do things, with my own personal settings, and not have to bring my PC with (I do if I need to, mind you)

All in all, I would vote laptop.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It really rocks just flopin it out. Opening it up and off you go, anywhere.

Thore

Reaction score
Laptop and Desktop for me really, i combine them both at home and school(vpn between home and school, so i can use the stationary at school)

But lappy is absolutley the most used machine at my home, due to the portability.

composite computer usage :D