which u give the first periority

• desktop

Votes: 43 68.3%
  • laptop

Votes: 20 31.7%

• Total voters

youenvyme

Reaction score
i prefer using laptops, for the convenience of bringing it everywhere with me.

although desktops are more reliable and will probably last longer for long usage, laptops are way convenient. ;D

darkstang

Reaction score
I just bought a new laptop and I have to again agree with myself earlier. Laptops are quickly replacing desktops.

My new laptops info:
HP 6636nr (it's in the dv6500z series)
Processor: AMD Turion X2 TL-58
Memory: 2 gig
Graphics Card: Nvidia 7150M
Hard Drive: 160 gig
Battery Life: 2.5 - 3 hours, depending on what I'm doing

No, it's not going to be a direct replacement for a gamer. But I'm not a gamer and neither are 90% of desktop users out there. I play Alien Wars is the most hardware intensive thing I play on it, and it plays that beautifully.

fireput

Reaction score
I prefer laptop, as I can move around with one. I used to own both a desktop and laptop, but I realised why waste the money. Just get a laptop and you can do whatever you need ...

eyelet4u2

Reaction score
For what I do I love my laptop because I can take it anywhere I want.

MichaelB

Reaction score
Laptops/notebooks are coming up to par in the way of speed and graphics, and are great if you need to bring a pc with you on a trip. But, I personally could never survive without my desktop, as I have my external 16x dvd lightscribe dvd burner, 2 external hard drives, printer and scanner. Plus I have to manage my home network. Can't manage all of that easily with a laptop.

reichiru

Reaction score
Both have their benefits and downfalls. I personally prefer a desktop, 'cause they're faster and the screen's bigger=better for my eyes. I don't have a laptop anyways, but they're good for travelling and such.

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Well of course desktops are better everyone. If a laptop was that big I'd expect just as much. But the amazing thing is now Laptops are coming with hardware that can easily compete with desktops. For the most part, you can get the same hardware that you get in a desktop, in a laptop. The HDs are much bigger with desktops now though, but then there is the wonder of the portable hard drive(usb).

My vote went for the laptop because of the fact that it is like a desktop, only portable. Even on my crappy acer I can do almost anything I can do on my desktop(which is probably one of the better single core PCs still around(but in some ways better than those dual-cores since it lacks Vista, which takes up a core and half your RAM :))).

So I guess if you are looking for full blown power and performance(like quad-core with 768 MB after market graphics card), then go with desktop here. It does suck that laptops don't have PCI ports or anything, so you are stuck with most of the default hardware parts, but I have no complaints really. My laptop does everything I need it to do, but I can do this anywhere(and I move around(yes outside of my house!) alot) so it is very nice to be able to enjoy games, music, movies, the internet, and work on documents and projects while being virtually anywhere.

But I will make an interesting statement. Desktops are getting smaller, much smaller. While not 100% portable(yet), desktops are getting small enough to get noticed for such a thing. If they could just make a wireless moniter PCs then make a battery connection on a PC, PCs could be rather portable(wireless keyboard, mouse, network card, moniter, then hook up your battery and you've got desktop power computing anywhere). That actually is a great idea with the way things are going(PC size and wireless capabilities).

gothcrow

Reaction score
wow I prefer desktop, becuase I like to have a big machine jeje, I´m not feel good whit a small machine (laptop) and with the small keyboard buuu. And I don´t know I don´t like the laptops I believe that the laptops are "not Upgradable"

speedy1205

Reaction score
I choose laptop becauce when you have a really nice one with a good performance, than you can make the same as with desktop :) And still I can go with it. And even you can have 3D games and Desktop and Linux is running very well on it :)