Do my parents treat me like a baby?

• yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • no

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

kkenny

Reaction score
The Editior relies on a lot of JavaScript and AJAX. PSPs HATE JavaScript and they don't do AJAX.
That's saying if you don't use Homebrew.
I have some pretty good homebrew that utilizes my psp pretty well. It uses the USB port as a mouse + keyboard, and it can run AJAX/Javascript and all that good stuff.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't bothered to homebrew my PSP yet, so I know I'm missing out on some things. I think one of my friends has a homebrewed PSP.

mifuyu

Reaction score
Well I don't have a time limit really, but it goes off automatically. I can't stay in front of the computer for more than 5 hours. Say.. 2 or 3 is enough. And my parents don't mind. ^^

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
My friend is 15, soon 16, and he is only allowed to sit in front of the computer 3 days a week, 2 hours on those days. Also 6 hours per week.

I think it is pretty stupid with time limits but I need to say I need one because now on my vacation I sit here all day long lol.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm online all night when I'm on vacation since many of the places I go to have mainly day time activities, and then places like the game room are all money based. By that time, I've burned up my daily $50 limit in the game room. Besides, the place has Free Wi-Fi, so might as well use it.

kkenny

Reaction score
I just really think a limit after you turn 13 is really unnecessary. Those are just my morals.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
Thank you, kkenny! Some times my website takes longer than 2 hours a day to manage! I'm not going to go more than 4 hours a day on the computer. I'd get bored, and I'd get more crap from my parents than usual.

Perfect7

Reaction score
Limits are necessary regardless of your age. If your parents don't limit you when you're young, you wouldn't know how to limit yourself when you grow up. Believe me... I've seen it hundreds of times. Friends whose parents let them do whatever they want when they were kids, grew up to be useless, lazy and disoriented people.

If you have two hours a day, then learn to manage your time so that you can do 4 hours worth of things in two hours if you really want to become an independent man as you say. That's what independent people are capable of ya know. :p How could your parents give you independence if you can't even do that... ha ha

And if you really really want your parents to treat you like an independent guy even more, then act like one. Clean the house and the washrooms, cook dinner breakfast and lunch, get a job and help to pay the bills, use the PC for less than two hours a day without them needing to tell you that, etc.

kkenny

Reaction score
Thank you, kkenny! Some times my website takes longer than 2 hours a day to manage! I'm not going to go more than 4 hours a day on the computer. I'd get bored, and I'd get more crap from my parents than usual.

Hahah! Same here. Seems like I'm not the only one stuck in this problem :)

Dan

Reaction score
I had a limit in place upto a year ago, my parents setup with this program that doesn't let you login at certain times. Thing is when I was logged in, it was easy to just open up the program and change the times for myself! So they just didn't bother after that.

epiccentury

Reaction score
Yeah, the best thing to do would be find out what the program is, and hit ctrl+alt+delete. Go to processes, show all users, and end the process for that user.

I remember about ten years ago, we had fiber lines running to our house for my dads work, and we used them for our personal stuff as well. I was eight years old at the time, and they had a block. Took me probably half an hour to do away with that.

I also remember the days of a hard drive attached to a USB adapter on the schools computers, and even some friends computers.

That worked pretty well for a while, but you would get the occasional problem where linux just goes "hm, we don't like your hard ware, find the drivers and try again".

I'm on the computer probably forty to fifty hours a week.