Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Sort of

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Would like to

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

VPmase

Reaction score
I know English and Arabic and I'm learning Japanese.

sfan123

Reaction score
yeah I know english and learning spanish and know a bit about spanish already.

kkenny

Reaction score
I've learned Korean and Vietnamese from birth.
Learned english while growing up and in school.
And now forced to learn Spanish for my high school degree.

infinitas

Reaction score
My mother tongue is hindi but I can speak other regional languages alongwith English.

ThePBgod

Reaction score
I know "American" English. But will be learning Greek soon. But I would also like to Learn Japanese. As I've been fascinated with their culture for a long time, and hope to go on my trips there.

LHVWB

Reaction score
I speak english. But I am learning french at school, so hopefully I will become better at it, the website that I am creating should actually help me achieve this. :)

wenchuan

Reaction score
My main language is Chinese, but since my family and I moved to North America I've picked up English as a second language. I can speak Mandarin and I can understand a bit of Cantonese.

ali-med

Reaction score
hello, my native language is Arabic, but i can speak French and English very well, i'm plaining to learn Japanese too :drool:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I live in England, and we all think that the rest of the world should learn english, so we don't learn it.

Rant over, I speak English (duh :) ), can understand basic spoken german & can read text so a German can understand it. I kind of rely on google translate. I'm learning more German and French, although I'm doig really badly at French.

I also know HTML, PHP, CSS etc etc. How sad of me.

~Callum

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I speak English and Korean fluently, and am in a college level Spanish course at my high school.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I speak English. American English Only! :D

dqvteatro

Reaction score
Being spanish my native tongue (I'm argentine), I can (sort of) speak english. I'm better at reading than at speaking, though, and I reckon I have some issues with certain accents (i.e., australian). It's great for many things: Browsing the web there are lots of english-only websites with valuable information. And some websites do not match their spanish-written content with their english ones. I like visiting NASA, SciAm and NatGeo websites, as well as reading their paper publications (not in the case of the NASA), and for that matter, english is a must. I also enjoy certain writers, like Harry Turtledove, Philip K. Dick, Kurt Vonnegut, Raymond Carver, Truman Capote, etc., and it's better to read their works as they were written, than having to rely on (and trust) some translation. Same with music. It's not the same just listening to Lou Reed or Pink Floyd and UNDERSTANDING what they're saying. Even Humour's not the same. Monty Python or Seinfeld are much better when you understand english.

I also happen to speak/read hebrew. I forgot a bit, to be honest, but let me loose on Tel-Aviv streets for a week and I can even argue with an israeli and even win said argument, heheheh.

Being so close to Brazil, I can also understand portuguese very well, speak somewhat, and read VERY WELL (I somehow got a knack for portuguese pronunciation, dunno why).

Lately I've been a bit close to Italian, thanks to certain family issues, but I yet have learn a lot.

French... Well, french is a language I would love to speak/understand, but so long I can only despair and feel unable for the task.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
My main language is french, and thanks to multiple visit, I can both understand and speak quebec french, france french and switzerland french. I speak canadian/american english, and some UK english. I can understand spanish pretty well and italian a bit. I understand haitian creole and I can speak a tiny bit of german.

lance4681

Reaction score
You have a problem with Australian ascents? hmmm O well, I was in America once and some how I got into a fight with this guy who insisted very strongly that American what as a language. He felt very very strongly about it. Also this is off topic but Americans have the strangest health care and laws about helping people on the street eg say there unconscious dieing and vomiting on the street and you go and help them clear there air way do the normal CPR thing what ever is necessary they can sue you for that? how stupid is that. Stupid Americans lol jokes dont ban me :)

Back on topic yesterday I was thinking about Italian and I though I had forgotten quite it but it started flooding back quite quickly so mabey I am smarter then I think! how hard is it to learn French compared to most other languages? I am usually lots better at speaking then writing if that makes any difference?

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Well I can speak and write (properly that is) English, Polish and German. I'm also learning French, but I'm not that good at it (I could hold a conversation, but not that easily).

BTW, French is hard to learn if you are a native English speaker, since it, like many other languages has the idea of genders and the like. This is one of the hardest things for native English speakers to learn.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I speak English only now. However, I'd love to learn French or Spanish and be fluent in either. I'm thinking of purchasing that Rosetta Stone software.

mstring

Reaction score
I can speak some french and spanish, much prefer french though. I personally never got the pronunciation of spanish but I find french much easier. I'd really love to be able to fluently speak french, it's something of a goal for me.

Of course A levels can only teach you so much... :p

wolflock

Reaction score
6 languages 4 of them fluently. plus a few words in at least another 8 languages other than the ones known.