Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanrck

Reaction score
Im on Absolut, all my php pages are working but the MySQL database hasnt been transfered yet (says 0/3). If I have a backup of my database would it be easier for you guys if I just restored it?

At least you have something working! Im on absolut too.

frznmnky

Reaction score
At least you have something working! Im on absolut too.

do you guys not read corey's msgs, he said that if everything on ur site is not working properly,just wait untill the whole Absolut is transfered ...do not mess wit it

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
After the transfer is done I'm going to rsync the database backups we have to make sure they all get restored. So if it is not showing up now there is a good chance the restore didn't copy it, it will be copied when we are done.

-Corey

ElemonGW

Reaction score
A few questions:
1. Corey, you told that when you are done you will rsync the database backups. As far as I am concerned, rsync replaces already existing files if they are not the same with the one to be copied. So, if I start adding content to my website, it will be gone after you rsync the database backups. Are my assumptions right?
2. "Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_action() in /home/elemongw/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 52" error is displayed at Wordpress' update file. Maybe you have compiled php with some functions missing compared to before? (v.2 by the way)
3. In which linux distribution are the servers hosted? Just out of curiosity :)

Last edited:

sonu27

Reaction score
As soon as you have finished doing everything on the absolut server, post it on the first post ASAP.

Thanks

ETA so far?

frznmnky

Reaction score
As soon as you have finished doing everything on the absolut server, post it on the first post ASAP.

Thanks

ETA so far?

do you not read corey's posts he said he cant give ETA.. so dont ask for it~

daveness

Reaction score
if the databases are beeing restored will my backup that i done affect your backup as yours is newer (will your backup work is what im trying to say lol)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Less than 200 accounts left to copy from Absolut. I'm going to try my best at starting stoli before going to bed. Still have to copy the databases over and format the backup server, going to be a late night!

In the meantime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqgr4UUqdNg

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have anything to keep me entertained while I watch the server status? Falling asleep here!

KFMRadio

Reaction score
Guess we might be one of the last 200... but I haven't posted once yet have followed the threads through out ... cant help to wonder. Have no http, cpanel or ftp. Do I have reason to worry now? Just asking haven't complained once and have come here for updates. Thanks for all your efforts Corey... if my account has been scratched please advise.. cpanel is giving me invalid login and get the apache web... hopefully when I wake up .. things will be good.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
KFMRadio -- I believe we have backups of all accounts so I would not worry until I say that the move and everything is restored.

Smith6612 -- I'll check the videos out ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Cool. Let me know how you like them. I guess running 2AM in the morning 64 player Battlefield 2/(other game) servers does something :p (and I'm close to hitting 400gigs of data transferred this month again :O :p).

Last edited:

Xemnas

Reaction score
Cool. Let me know how you like them. I guess running 2AM in the morning 64 player Battlefield 2/(other game) servers does something :p (and I'm close to hitting 400gigs of data transferred this month again :O :p).
Four HUNDRED? :eek4: Can you even afford that much?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes I can, it's called paying extra for your internet a month (I pay extra to unblock port 80 incoming for me to use anyways) :p.

It's from all of the game servers that I run, along with the household's normal traffic added up, and the connection bill isn't $120, it's more like $50... loads cheaper than T1 for pretty much more download and slightly less upload. FiOS will be here in the summer, so I'd be able to get speeds up to 30Mbps/15Mbps for half of the price of a T1. But hey, you think my usage is insane, someone who has Verizon FiOS who only pays $40 a month chewed up over 1 terabyte of data...

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I think some drugs are needed for that first video, I did watch the whole thing though ;). The 2nd one was cool if you're a BF fan.

Server and all that update:
I've started the final backup transfer of the databases and such just as a last precaution against losing data. I'm going to head to bed since this transfer is going to take a while. We will start Stoli sometime tomorrow, it has a lot fewer accounts though larger, since the cPanel issues we are facing with the transfers seem to be due to transfers and not size I think it will go much faster.

Thanks to everyone for being patient, this has really turned into a huge mess. We're getting through it though, one account at a time. :)

-Corey

Evan1

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Corey. What a great service you provide to the whole community. Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.