Google Chrome Alert!

kirtik

Reaction score
Of course it is, it's a beta. Flash and shockwave tend to break it too.

Wizet

Reaction score
I almost got myself another AntiSpyware XP 2008 program. Even that I read that I am still using Chrome. It's addicting =p

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Beta version isn't made for using. They are made for testing it temporarily, like phpBB mods that is in beta or developement status shouldn't be installed on a live board.

It is highly not recommended to use beta versions as your browser.

Just a tip

nyanko

Reaction score
Im using it too, its runs fasttttt
I have a good Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall so no worries at all.
Google > WE all
Edit:
gmail is beta dont use it, oh now that i think about, all google things are beta... lets stop using google :shifty: D:

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Im using it too, its runs fasttttt
I have a good Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall so no worries at all.
Google > You all
Edit:
gmail is beta dont use it, oh now that i think about, all google things are beta... lets stop using google :shifty: D:

I mean when it comes to softwares and code.

nyanko

Reaction score
there are several php|html|webscripting exploits so I think it applies to web software too

but one thing is sure, Beta is not intended to be used by people who dont know about hte risk of using beta software, thats for sure.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
there are several php|html|webscripting exploits so I think it applies to web software too

but one thing is sure, Beta is not intended to be used by people who dont know about hte risk of using beta software, thats for sure.

Their is a risk to every software regarding the internet. I mean I bet you even Firefox and Opera have security holes, but just not as big as Chrome or IE. But beta software should only be used when you probably want to see how your site turns out on that certain page. In my opinion that is.

nyanko

Reaction score
Oh yes, but hum well for me using beta is usually a must cause I'm a software developer, more recently web developer too, and I like to see if I can improve/fix it in case of open sources.

Jstone

Reaction score
Warning: Rant Ahead!

As if we needed another web browser. Google's idea of enhanced javascript and individual processes for web-based applications is great, but couldn't they have just developed a Firefox extension or something? Why do they need to make a whole new web browser for this? That's just going to make it more confusing for the consumer, and is going to be hell on the developers, who already have to code around four different browsers' limitations.

Just my two cents.

goldblue

Reaction score
For security, I will still stick to IE. How much does Google knows of browser security and hacking ?

kirtik

Reaction score
Warning: Rant Ahead!

As if we needed another web browser. Google's idea of enhanced javascript and individual processes for web-based applications is great, but couldn't they have just developed a Firefox extension or something? Why do they need to make a whole new web browser for this? That's just going to make it more confusing for the consumer, and is going to be hell on the developers, who already have to code around four different browsers' limitations.

Just my two cents.
What? The only 'coding around' done is for IE. And that should change with IE8. Besides, there are tonnes more browser out there, if you can be bothered to look.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I only use it if I need to surf the net quickly.. it just seems to operate faster than Firefox.

FF is still going to be my primary browser for quite some time..

mattura

Reaction score
like it so far. I bet IE8 will have more security holes....

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Kinda stupid to be honest... first off why would you click the link to something dumb like that... why would you execute the file and WHY would you not just click the button that says "ask me were to place downloads" its not a very high-level threat AND IE and FF have just as many holes in their security they just don't have large threads on them because they arn't new web browsers. And whoever "found" this loop-hole really isn't a genius since I coulda thought of having it auto-download a file or ask someone to download a virus because thats how its always worked.

How to get a virus from ANY browser:

1. find a crappy virus-ridden site

2. read site for "free stuff" and dl a virus

3. virus infects computer...

Can happen in ANY browser not just chrome. People have this weird thing about bashing new things and new ideas. Makes me rant A LOT.

PS. I posted here too http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/80824-chrome.html#post446464