• Kids

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • No Kids

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters

thebabyhater

Reaction score
Hey x10,

As you may or may not know, my website is focused on the concept of being childfree - that is, not having kids because you think you can have a better life that way. I just thought I'd run a little opinion poll on how YOU think.

If you want to have children someday, or if you currently have children, why? Why did you make this decision? What benefits do you feel that having children brings into a life?

Likewise, if you're like me and don't ever want kids, why? What inspired you to make this decision? And finally, why would you rather live your life without children?

Thanks for the input, guys. I really appreciate it.

Antonio

Last edited:

BJames1530

Reaction score
I want to have kids someday to carry on my name and it might be fun, but I want to wait till I'm at lest in my thirty's.

burner35

Reaction score
Hmmm Me and my Girlfriend have had thoughts about it, but we are only 18 anyway...way to young. Few years or so for us. ;)

Wizet

Reaction score
Why isn't a there a "I'm too young section in the poll. You do know that x10 has a lot of kids visiting this site every now and then.

Back to topic: If I was older yes, I would have kids. But, the problem is that I have gotten rejected like 5 times with no sucess. So I wouldn't really think about it that early.

jazzencat

Reaction score
I would like to have a family some day. Right now I am trying to get through school. I did realise that I wanted to have kids after one time where we thought I had gotten my (now ex)gf pregnant. I was rather disappointed when it turned out to be a false alarm. I had been looking forward to having a kid.

xyunaxfantasiesx

Reaction score
I don't know, I'm a girl; So, the idea about having labor really scares me but I guess I'm fine with having a kid..in 10 years or so that is lol

sybregunne

Reaction score
I have a toddler now. It is quite difficult to explain why I find that having a kid is good. It makes me lose sleep at night, it prevents me from doing some stuff that I WANT to do because I have to be with my baby, and worst of all having a baby is a financial constraint and it prevents me from upgrading my tech stuff. But all this has benefits.

for one you can never ever replace the emotion you will feel seeing your baby for the first time. It goes beyond description. Then when you get home after work or even for your lunch break and theres a toddler telling you stuff you cannot understand. Well money cannot compensate you for that. then whenever you are troubled, just one smile from your kid can make you forget your troubles. well at least for a while. Then regarding those tech-stuff I always wanted... well I don't really need them. So over-all I think having a kid is great, but with great things come greater responsibilities.

socialnu2

Reaction score
Hmm, Future in life i would actually like to have kids, mainly on the fact of teaching a son or such a bit about life, how to play soccer. Personally i think there is not much purpose of your life if you don't give life to another.
Even although i'm not female, i still think it's part of me in the child.
Also when you have a kid, it's yours, your prodigy, you teach it everything you know.

So basically in conclusion, children are great their the thing which you have made, a prised posession which you can show off. I am aware it sounds like im calling children a medal as of such, but you can take pride in anything which your child does.
If you understand me, congrats it's very hard to. If you can't don't worry theirs lots of you out there.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
Seems awful silly to donate so much time to hating small children...

I really do want to have kids. But at the same time, I'm scared as hell to do so. I've lost two children already, and it hurt a lot. I want to have them, but on the other hand, I'm scared that something terrible would happen.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Not any time soon, but yes. I've still got college and a job to look forward to first.

jerrycraft

Reaction score
I guess it goes down to what you want in your life. You have one life time, you have to choose what you want to experience. If you want a family feel in your life, having kids is a way to go. If you want to be free, traveling, sports, having fun for the rest of your life. No kids is better.

But there are exception, if you are very rich. Have as many kids as you can. Financial for kids is the number factor.

It is tougher for medium house hold to have kids now a days. So, choose wisely on what you want in your life.

socialnu2

Reaction score
Hmm, jerrrycraft i never really thought of the finacial problems involved with children, once you raise a point like that.
You think about all the other factors such as where you live, your background and more.
You got my mind thinking now.

thebabyhater

Reaction score
If you want to be free, traveling, sports, having fun for the rest of your life. No kids is better.

This is exactly my mentality behind wanting to stay childfree (and the inspiration for my website). As you said, socialnu2, many people don't really think about the financial aspect of raising kids. I agree that if having a family is the priority, do that, but definitely think about what you're giving up first.

I wish I had the source on me, but I distinctly remember reading an article that estimated the cost of raising one child with "adequate" care from birth until college was about the same as a brand new Lamborghini. Now think about all the families with 6+ kids who make less than $20,000 per year. Are those kids really getting the right amount of care? I know that sounds cold and mean, but it presents an interesting situation in my mind.

Anyway, keep the opinions coming, guys. :) And thank you for all the people who have contributed already. I really appreciate it.

Antonio

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I want to have kids, but not now. I'll first finish school ^^.
But when I'll be a little older, I'll definitively want some, because of the pleasure you can have raising them. When you'll look at them when they'll have 18-23, you'll be proud to say, those are my kids. Also the feeling of being a father has always been attractive to me.

thebabyhater

Reaction score
Just a hypothetical - what if somebody's kids turned out to be complete losers? I'm talking drug addicts, career criminals, and the kind of people who throw puppies out of third story windows.

I'm not saying that would happen to anybody... it's just an interesting thought, because most people automatically assume that their kids will grow up to be good, successful people.

scorch94

Reaction score
I think it's simply natural to want a child.
And when I grow up, when I find a job, build a house etc. I'll certainly have a kid. It's natural. And as one guy on first page said, kid can make you a lot happier. I don't know, I can't explain it - but closest explanation from me is - it's natural to want descendants.

Kid turning to drug addict, criminal etc. ?
Well, I think it's parent's fault for not keeping kid on right path.
My parents have kept me on right path with reasonable explanation in spite of my desire to do some things. Now after a while - I realize it was simply for my good. So if you don't give your best to keep a kid on right path, it will most likely go with the wrong one.

I wish I had the source on me, but I distinctly remember reading an article that estimated the cost of raising one child with "adequate" care from birth until college was about the same as a brand new Lamborghini.

I'd say that even a private jet ain't worth of happiness you get with a kid.
It's only my opinion.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
There is only so much you can blame on parents. For instance, I'm living with my aunt and uncle right now, and they have a LOT of kids. Except for one, they have all turned out great. This one kid received all the same attention and got all the same perks, but he just makes bad choices no matter what his parents do. Now that he's an adult, he's taken a **** job and refused to go to college. You can't blame the parents for a kids poor choices once they get to be a certain age. Personal responsibility.

masteraa

Reaction score
You have to pass on your familys personality into the world.

Also you need to experiance what your parents went through....

and as you were gorowing up havent you ever had a experiance that made you think, i cant wait to tell my children that story?