How much do you download in a month?

How much (approximately) do you download in a month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

a-a-a

Reaction score
Haven't read through all posts, so don't know if it's been answered or not. But: What counts as download?
I, personally, stream a lot instead of actually download things onto my computer. Because I find it faster to watch while it loads.
But if it's strictly only things you actually download unto the hard drive, for me it'd probably be under 5-10gb.

Whitewolf

Reaction score
I suppose, download would be any data that your computer receives for the a source, be it streaming or saved data...

mattspec

Reaction score
i download about a series a day 30 gb each can download aseries in 20ish hours

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
My companies connection goes through almost nothing but my home.

About 50-60GB with all the online movies i watch!

Jesse

Reaction score
I think i download 1-5gb a Month...
But it also depends... ;)

Mitch

Reaction score
i think it is 5-10 GB the month. but my bandwidth is unlimited, i don't watch how much i use the month. My download speed is high (400 kb/s)

dmc900

Reaction score
You all have such great internet connections.
Makes mine feel like ****.
I cannot even vote because I usually use less than 100MB.
Since my connection speed is always 56k (dial-up) you see.

I went to a friends place who had 512kbit broadband and downloaded 80gig in a month.
That was almost downloading constantly.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
5 - 20 gb. Usually 5 - 15 gb illegal stuff (torrents etc.) 4.95 gb legal stuff and 5 mb viruses from the torrents lol.

Dan

Reaction score
I'm really not sure how much I download.
I usually just download worthless things and then a day later delete it all.

What sort of things do you lot all download??? Don't say torrents, whats in the torrents you download?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm really not sure how much I download.
I usually just download worthless things and then a day later delete it all.

What sort of things do you lot all download??? Don't say torrents, whats in the torrents you download?

Mostly Adobe programs lol, dreamweaver, premiere, photoshop, flash and fireworks. Movies, games and other programs.

Dan

Reaction score
Oh!! Can they not trace you though?? Or do they not care much?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In sweden it's kinda legal to download. You can't be sued. The only thing that can happen is that you loose your internet for 3 months.

And I have peerguardian on all the time so american goverments like RIAA etc can't connect to my computer.

Last edited:

com64

Reaction score
When I was using xtra's 'Go Large' plan I was pulling in 120-160GB/month, now I've switched to Slingshot and have a 6GB cap :( Costs $40 for a 50GB data block, and I make sure I chew up every last byte the day before it cycles... so now it's 56GB/month without fail :0)

DarkenProject

Reaction score
I mostly download Torrents for old TV shows (due to the Writer's Strike) and the newest Linux Distro's to burn to CDs for my friends and family. So I average anywhere from 10-50GB depending on how many seasons I'm getting (average about 5GB per 12-episode season).

cstamper

Reaction score
Off in the rural areas, we can get dialup or EXPENSIVE satelite. So its dialup 4 me, and small downloads... :-(

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Around 40GB I download monthly.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you mean worth of files or of total up and down usage for this month? If so, I'm 250+ gigs and over a month. I'm close to 500GB this month with all of the new games coming out that I'm buying online (and downloading them from the place I bought them), and the game demos as well, along with my normal net usage and game servers I run.

Status
Not open for further replies.