internet explorer 8

pbmuja

Reaction score
Does anyone tried internet explorer 8? Any comments on this?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I got it installed, but can't say that I tried it very much.
One thing though is that it seem to follow w3c web standards a bit better then the older versions, less IE hacks will be needed for the pages to render right. Unfortunately this leads to issues as well, because the old hacks still needs to be applied for older versions... It is rather easy to include an extra css specific to IE8 or IE 7 and older though.

Apart from that I'm not really sure how well it does the job, I'm a creature of habit so despite my thoughts to try it out a bit more I keep opening firefox for browsing :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have Internet Explorer 8 installed on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. It seems to be quicker than IE7 and pages are finally not rendering as broken/messed up as they were in IE7. Just a few performance tweaks and some crashes that need fixing and that's basically it, that plus IE8 is still lacking a flexible add-ons platform like Firefox has.

IE8 is a fine broswer. I'm sticking to Mozilla at the moment.

kaiweilim

Reaction score
IE8 is better than IE7. However, i still stick to chrome because of it's fast loading speed.;)

Regards.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
While I agree IE8 is better than 7 and far better than 6, I'm staying with Firefox. IE does have potential though.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yeah, microsoft is starting get back on the ball again, but I still prefer flock.

On another note, Smith, the link in your sig is dead. I get a 404 error when I click on it.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The way I see it IE8 will only make more trouble for web designers (like me). I mean it was hard enough to make separate css for IE6 and IE7. Now I'll have to do it for IE8 as well.

Only thing I hope is that compatibility mode will work well.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
firefox is best in all ways but IE 8 has some wonderful features like private browsing etc but chorme has also good features. i think that the rating of browsers..

Firefox---->Chrome---->IE 8------>Opera----->other browsers

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've got to give credit to flock. After the firefox night build went corrupt recently, I've been using flock while I wait for the next build to come out. And I'm not sure I'll switch back when it comes.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In my experience, opera has always been slow like the dickens. But maybe you don't mind that?

lala123

Reaction score
Opera is much more better than IE8. It's also have many widgets (thought most of them are not useful as firefox have), then maybe it even stand at a higher point comparing to Chrome.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, I quite agree that opera is much better than IE8. I was just saying that I still find it rather slow compared to the mozzilla browsers.

kaiweilim

Reaction score
I just tested Maxthon. In my opinion, i think that it is not bad. But i still like Google Chrome compare to it. Maxthon does not load as fast as Chrome. Maybe it is faster than IE8. I am not sure.

Regards.