Latest Update 6/14/09 News Thread Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
if you get 404 error, it is not down, its means that it doesn't find file your are looking for

natho12345

Reaction score
404 page

unable to connect to host

and stoli is down when will it be back up??

my site is loading blank

cpanel is not even working fine

cpsrvd/11.24 Server at stoli.x10hosting.com

ftp is working but all the files are gone

my server run on stoli...

Last edited:

goooner

Reaction score
WTF?!

I understand the stoli server was down all day because of moving of the starka accounts to stoli but now stoli seems to be back.

the thing is, where the hell did my SQL database go, I had 2 SQL database and now they are both gone, WTF happend?!

Should I open a support ticket for that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: OK, Strange, the SQL Databases are back now, did I just happen to catch it right when it was coming back online?!

Last edited:

natho12345

Reaction score
ftp server is down for stoli also cpanel not loading again....

site not loading again stoli is down again....

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
natho12345 will you please stop continually posting all those pointless reports on your server status etc.

WE KNOW.

It is getting really tiresome, & staff may give you a warning or infraction if you keep on with them.

Last edited:

tregtar

Reaction score
Obviously the server move has been more complicated and time consuming than expected (aren't all worthwhile things?).

For those of you who have the same issue I have (no access to cPanel/Account and site being down)

There are posts that say there were issues with cPanel and accounts not moving over. There was also a post that the company that hosts the cPanel doesn't work on weekends and therefore all those issues would have to start being addressed today.

(I did open a ticket for this so they know I am one of the accounts that has this particular issue)

I am going to wait as there are tens of thousands of accounts they are dealing with and this will take time.

If you are worried about losing customers, may I suggest that you host 1 page temporarily on another free host just saying that your site is experiencing issues and that you are working on them and then give the site visitor the option to contact you. Perhaps that will alleviate any issues or questions for your site visitors.

Elesarr

Reaction score
Obviously the server move has been more complicated and time consuming than expected (aren't all worthwhile things?).

For those of you who have the same issue I have (no access to cPanel/Account and site being down)

There are posts that say there were issues with cPanel and accounts not moving over. There was also a post that the company that hosts the cPanel doesn't work on weekends and therefore all those issues would have to start being addressed today.

(I did open a ticket for this so they know I am one of the accounts that has this particular issue)

I am going to wait as there are tens of thousands of accounts they are dealing with and this will take time.

If you are worried about losing customers, may I suggest that you host 1 page temporarily on another free host just saying that your site is experiencing issues and that you are working on them and then give the site visitor the option to contact you. Perhaps that will alleviate any issues or questions for your site visitors.

sound advice, and pleasant to read a cool headed post. Thanks for the great insight I am sure it will help many people out :cool:

drenferalis

Reaction score
I run an online persistant RPG and even I agree with tregtar. For such amazing services on a free server all we can do is wait. Even I, at first, was freaking out. My account wasnt working, i started getting errors on my site, then today it was gone. But reading this I knew everyone was in good hands. So to make this simple for everyone I have a couple things to say.

This is what you can/should do right now:
  • Attempt to login
(If you cant then you may be affected. Try to reset your password. If that doesnt work: Post a ticket at http://support.x10hosting.com with the title: Account Recovery)
  • Once logged in check your files!
(If you files are missing then use your link in cpanel to go to r1soft back ups. If you have the option to restore your files please do. This will take a load off of administrators and support. If your files are missing from both places then: Post a ticket at http://support.x10hosting.com with the title: Account Recovery)
  • If you have your files, check your DB's!
(Some people are having issues with their databases missing. This could be you. Check to see if they are there with your favorite database administration program and see if they are fully intact. If not you can attempt to restore them yourself OR post a ticket as described above.)
  • If you have files and DB's and are recieving errors...
(Some accounts have had permission errors! This may be you. From the file manager and some ftp clients you have access to chmod/permissions. Go through and edit your permissions as required. Tutorials are as follows:
FTP: http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ftp/ftp_chmod.htm
Cpanel:
http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/cpanel/file_permissions.htm
)
  • For those of you still having issues...
(Follow the directions posted. Re-read them. Re-read them again. Then ACTUALLY follow them. If you are still having issues then wait. Support is very busy and may not have gotten to your ticket yet! There is always the possibility something is wrong with your code, double check it. The server may be down try waiting. And if your still having problems then:
STOP SKIMMING POSTS AND READ THEM!

I believe this solves 99% of todays issues.
Credit appreciated.
And please! I beg you! Tell me if I missed anything!

Last edited:

tregtar

Reaction score
thanks drenferalis....i will certainly do that when the time comes.

zen-r

Reaction score
Thanks drenferalis, a good post which may help quite a few people & also ease the burden on Support.

You asked for feedback on whether you missed anything .....

The only quick thing I could think of at this stage is to perhaps add at the start something along the lines of;

First read the latest update in the News section. This will help you to identify if you have faults which are already known about & don't need reporting. It will also alert you to the symptoms of specific faults which do need reporting, or which you can rectify yourself.

I would also add nearer the start of your tutorial, that if still in doubt about a fault after having read the News update, to then Search & if necessary post in the Community Support forums. Often that can bring a quick answer/ solution & will help avoid burdening Support with more tickets.

In your reference to restoring one's files from back-up, you could mention or link to bugbrain_04's tutorial, earlier in this thread.

Finally, you could add that it sometimes pays to just wait a while if you can, & then check your website/ account/ log-in again a bit later on. Often the problem has gone away by the time you go back to it! :)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

rlodge

Reaction score
I have been experiencing problems with my site since the update / server move and, before getting banned for something simple I haven't been able to fix or posting a frivolous support ticket, I figured I would ask the question here. I know the staff is busy and I thought here would be a better start for asking for help.

On my website, I have a few pages with picture galleries like the one at:

Simulation Pictures

On this page, thumbnails are generated that you can scroll through to look at the picture in the galley. Click on one and it will enlarge the photo.

The problem that I am having is that not all of the pages are working properly and I have no idea why. This page:

Simulator Pictures

Is supposed to work as the first page did. The problem I have is that none of the thumbnails are being generated. Just a border with a red x. You can click on each border and the associated picture will show but the thumbnail will not generate. On other pages, some of the thumbnails are generated and others are not.

I checked the databases in my cPanel and they all appear to be there and in good order. All of my files are in the cPanel file manager and all permissions appear to be set properly (755 for directories and 644 for files). I am able to log in to my cPanel with no problems.

I thought there may have been just a glitch with the account transfer (I was on Absolut and am now on Lotus) so I decided to create a new gallery page and transfer the pictures from the non-working gallery to the new page to see if that would fix the problem. When I attempted to create the new page in my CMS admin area (Website Baker) I got the following message:

Error creating access file in the /pages directory (insufficient privileges)

I was wondering if anyone could see a problem other than some kind of permissions error with my site. I didn't have problems before the updates and am not sure where else to look since the server updates. I have not made any changes to my pages in weeks and since everything was working fine before, I don't think it's something I did.

I appreciate any help I can get and I did try to read the other threads but I haven't seen a problem that has matched mine yet. I've seen posts about not being able to access the cPanel (I can), posts about missing files and directories (mine appear to all be there), bad databases (mine appear to be fine) and incorrect permissions (mine appear to be correct and the server mentioned about the permission settings being overwritten during account transfers was not Lotus).

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Make sure that the /pages directory is chmod to 755.

Elesarr

Reaction score
I have been experiencing problems with my site since the update / server move and, before getting banned for something simple I haven't been able to fix or posting a frivolous support ticket, I figured I would ask the question here. I know the staff is busy and I thought here would be a better start for asking for help.

Simulation Pictures

On this page, thumbnails are generated that you can scroll through to look at the picture in the galley. Click on one and it will enlarge the photo.

The problem that I am having is that not all of the pages are working properly and I have no idea why. This page:

Simulator Pictures

Is supposed to work as the first page did. The problem I have is that none of the thumbnails are being generated. Just a border with a red x. You can click on each border and the associated picture will show but the thumbnail will not generate. On other pages, some of the thumbnails are generated and others are not.

I checked the databases in my cPanel and they all appear to be there and in good order. All of my files are in the cPanel file manager and all permissions appear to be set properly (755 for directories and 644 for files). I am able to log in to my cPanel with no problems.

I thought there may have been just a glitch with the account transfer (I was on Absolut and am now on Lotus) so I decided to create a new gallery page and transfer the pictures from the non-working gallery to the new page to see if that would fix the problem. When I attempted to create the new page in my CMS admin area (Website Baker) I got the following message:

I was wondering if anyone could see a problem other than some kind of permissions error with my site. I didn't have problems before the updates and am not sure where else to look since the server updates. I have not made any changes to my pages in weeks and since everything was working fine before, I don't think it's something I did.

I appreciate any help I can get and I did try to read the other threads but I haven't seen a problem that has matched mine yet. I've seen posts about not being able to access the cPanel (I can), posts about missing files and directories (mine appear to all be there), bad databases (mine appear to be fine) and incorrect permissions (mine appear to be correct and the server mentioned about the permission settings being overwritten during account transfers was not Lotus).

It is very possible that you might have incurred issues from the transfer. After exhausting all ways to Chmod your permissions and that fails I would open a ticket it is certainly not frivolous ;)

swapcool

Reaction score

Simulation Pictures

Simulator Pictures

I am also have problem similar to you, Previously I was Cossacks on and now my account has been moved to Lotus, After account was restored I couldnt find my old databases so I opend a Ticket and the staff restored the databases.

After that I was not able to see the add on domains thay where present so I was asked to readd any addon domains that I had and also superusers for the databases for the databases to work. I did as I was asked and my word press blog was up and working but I am still having peoblem with my forum.

When I try to edit any file from ftp and upload it back its giving me error that says
[R] 553-Can't open that file: Permission denied
[R] 553 Rename/move failure: No such file or directory
[R] Transfer Failed!

I was asked to change the permissions of the file to 755, I am still not able to edit any file or add any file inside the folders amritaraofansite.com and worldoft20.com when I access the folders via ftp. File permissions for both the folder is 755.

Another strange thing is even after adding the addon domains cpanel shows
Addon Domains 0/3.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've updated my news post with some pro tips on getting help :p

zen-r

Reaction score
Re: Corey's Pro Tip......

.......Hehe! I got to that point with someone in the forums yesterday.

I find that it's good to get those sort of feelings off one's chest occasionally, one feels better afterwards, & one's then usually good-to-go for another 10 rounds of pleasantries with the freeloading-moaners!

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
Re: Corey's Pro Tip......

.......Hehe! I got to that point with someone in the forums yesterday.

I find that it's good to get those sort of feelings off one's chest occasionally, one feels better afterwards, & one's then usually good-to-go for another 10 rounds of pleasantries with the freeloading-moaners!

/signed

;)

rlodge

Reaction score
Hopefully I didn't come off as rude and I can wait a few days before submitting the ticket. The important parts of the site are working anyway.

I was really trying to find out if it was me or not. Thanks Elesarr. I'll check again and see if I missed something.

Edit: I did find one directory in my public_html directory labeled /gallery with a permission setting of 777. When I tried to change it to 755 I got the following message:

FileOp Failure on: /home/rlodge/public_html/gallery: Operation not permitted.

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
Hopefully I didn't come off as rude and I can wait a few days before submitting the ticket. The important parts of the site are working anyway.

I was really trying to find out if it was me or not. Thanks Elesarr. I'll check again and see if I missed something.

Edit: I did find one directory in my public_html directory labeled /gallery with a permission setting of 777. When I tried to change it to 755 I got the following message:

nope, not rude at all rlodge! found you to be quite pleasant in your questioning ;)

Like I suggested if you have exhausted all of your options and it still fails to work for you then a Support ticket is certainly something to consider, being unable to create things on your web space is not frivolous imho :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.