Michael Jackson reported dead

nexhunter

Reaction score
Michael Jackson dies Jun 25, 2009

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html

L.A Times and the A.P, and fox news have reported that M.J has died due to cardiac arrest, other news sources report that he is in a coma. No one is sure as even the family attorney can not confirm on Micheal's condition, he says the family does not want to speak but just hug and cry.

CNN has just confirmed from the L.A coroner that he has died, now to wait till the family or hospital comes out with the official announcement,

Last edited:

nexhunter

Reaction score
Re: Micheal Jackson reported dead

too late zen it has already began when i turned on my t.v to the news channels first thing i heard was the music video of the jackson 5 singing one of their songs

Last edited:

merrillmck

Reaction score

Amazing and tragic figure. Like him or not, he was one of the most influential figures in the 80's.

iwaproductions

Reaction score

Yeah, no matter what, he was iconic. Thriller is STILL the biggest selling album of all time, and you know they're going to have 'Remember the Time' as some sort of eulogy...

zen-r

Reaction score

I still find it amazing how society idolizes ;

• Actors (basically just people who are good at pretending/lying, & who usually look attractive).

• Singers (basically just people who can vibrate their vocal cords in a way that gives some pleasure, & who also usually look attractive).

• Celebrities (who basically have no discernible talent, but are just famous for being famous).

Can anyone even tell me the name of ;

• Someone who lives locally to them who gives up all their time for charities or good causes?
  • The names of some life-saving surgeons, doctors, nurses?
  • The person or team who discovered DNA?
  • The person or team who pioneered the technology on which mico-chips are built?
  • The name of the person who invented the World Wide Web?
  • The names of all the people who work long hours every day, for little money, just to support their struggling families?

I wonder when society will get it's hero-worshipping priorities straight? :happysad:

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score

• Actors (basically just people who are good at pretending/lying, & who usually look attractive).

• Singers (basically just people who can vibrate their vocal cords in a way that gives some pleasure, & who also usually look attractive).

• Celebrities (who basically have no discernible talent, but are just famous for being famous).

• Someone who lives locally to them who gives up all their time for charities or good causes?
  • The person or team who pioneered the technology on which mico-chips are built?
  • The names of all the people who work long hours every day, for little money, just to support their struggling families?

I wonder when society will get it's hero-worshipping priorities straight? :happysad:

reputation.gif

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Don't forget Athletes up there on your soap box :rant2:

I worship you, is that what I'm supposed to do? :biggrin:

Too bad he died at really the worst time for him; broke and still in the shadow of some pretty nasty legal issues. He left $80,000,000 USD in debt to his kids. Not that he could have done anything to change it.

zen-r

Reaction score

.....I worship you, is that what I'm supposed to do? :biggrin:......

Ouch, that really hurt! ;)

No doubt M.J. will now join the dubious ranks of other celebs who died at a rather low point in their life, but have still managed to leave their mark on the planet. (Elvis, etc - the list is endless).

merrillmck

Reaction score

reputation.gif

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

Well, Michael Jackson created content that will outlive him. In terms of X10, if you saw an amazing website on the "review my website" you would compliment it and not ask questions about whether or not the author had a criminal record or didn't give to charity. The only reason we know Michael Jackson's negatives is because he's a public figure. He's a public figure b/c he was original and created a heck of a lot of content that will long outlive him and affect other people's lives.

Amazing person, like him or not.

Al Gore. ;-)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I haven't commented on his "negatives" - only on the fact that his positives weren't all that "amazing".

Unusual, yes. Some good songs, yes. Worthy of hero-worship, no. :)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I just want to say how sad I am cos world just lost a brilliant man.

He'll always live in our hearts.

fguy64

Reaction score
There might be something in those "Top 5" Facebook lists after all. I did one yesterday that said, "Name five people you wish would go away forever". Guess who was on it? Hmm, I wonder if it will work on Dr. Phil?

merrillmck

Reaction score
Unusual, yes. Some good songs, yes. Worthy of hero-worship, no. :)

There will be some who hero worship him. But I just think he's an iconic and amazing figure whose life slowly gravitated towards its tragic ending (which includes these past 10 years where pictures of him made you turn your head). This coming from a rock music fan that generally avoids pop music.

fguy64

Reaction score

Amazing and tragic figure. Like him or not, he was one of the most influential figures in the 80's.

Influential? I dunno about that. Extremely famous sure, but influential? Anways, don't get carried away about his supposed musical genius. Fact is, he could afford to hire talented genius musicians and producers such as Quincy Jones.

Dude could dance good though.

merrillmck

Reaction score

Influential? I dunno about that. Extremely famous sure, but influential?

I disagree.

How about the first black musician to be featured on MTV (which formerly focused on rock music)?

If he didn't invent breakdancing then he was responsible for making it popular. An entire type of dancing that was made popular due to one person. Imagine learning who invented "salsa" dancing.

His influence isn't in the Mozart or Dylan type of musical way. His influence is more in entertainment, dance, and music videos. Some musicians were influenced (I think Justin Timberlake immediately). We'll always associate the white glove and red and black plether outfit with MJ. The moonwalk.

He's the "King of Pop".

In the mid-late-80's he was the most recognized person on the planet. Who else has had that title? Muhammad Ali?

Yeah, I think he's one of the most influential people in my lifetime.

Edit/Addition (just adding material as I remember and read it):

All the [annoying] boy bands, Snoop Dogg, Usher, Timberlake, Britney Spears, Wyclef Jean, Chris Brown, Kanye West, MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, ...

You could argue "Beat it" was the first crossover as it featured guitar play by Van Halen. This was 4 years prior to Run DMC and Aerosmith.

Co-wrote "We are the world" with Lionel Ritchie

"If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make the change." Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror

Video tribute - http://myplay.com/video-player/michael-jackson/

Thriller (13:42) - http://myplay.com/video-player/michael-jackson/?bcpid=14508199001&bclid=18584191&bctid=14208675

----------

Quick Google search says break-dancing influences prior to Michael Jackson was 70's dancing in the Bronx, African tride dancing, Brazilian Capoeira, and James Brown. I don't think there is an actual answer but I don't think you can deny that MJ made it popular worldwide.

Last edited:

fguy64

Reaction score

I disagree.

How about the first black musician to be featured on MTV (which formerly focused on rock music)?

If he didn't invent breakdancing then he was responsible for making it popular. An entire type of dancing that was made popular due to one person. Imagine learning who invented "salsa" dancing.

His influence isn't in the Mozart or Dylan type of musical way. His influence is more in entertainment, dance, and music videos. Some musicians were influenced (I think Justin Timberlake immediately). We'll always associate the white glove and red and black plether outfit with MJ. The moonwalk.

He's the "King of Pop".

In the mid-late-80's he was the most recognized person on the planet. Who else has had that title? Muhammad Ali?

Yeah, I think he's one of the most influential people in my lifetime.

----------

Quick Google search says break-dancing influences prior to Michael Jackson was 70's dancing in the Bronx, African tride dancing, Brazilian Capoeira, and James Brown. I don't think there is an actual answer but I don't think you can deny that MJ made it popular worldwide.

OK fair enough, I cant really argue with anything you say, except that we differ on a couple of points about what it means to be influential. With regards to your comment about influence in dance and video, I have no issues with that, I was thinking more along the lines of being a creator of styles and genres, mostly musical, that other people copied.

the_site

Reaction score
We will miss the "King of Pop", Michael Jackson. And we will remember "ABC","Beat It", "Billie Jean" , and many songs that we try to imitate his dance moves.

RIP

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I bet this will be reported on for 5 minutes before swine flu takes over the media again.

I hope it doesn't turn into a repeat of Sir Edmond Hillary's death, where months after he died there was still some coverage on it.

I did like MJ's songs though.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about Michael Jackson's death. He had some good music!