More than one script in root directory

Wizet

Reaction score
When I go to Fantastico and try to install wordpress to my root directory it says there is more than one script. I have checked inside the directory and there is no script. Can any mod or admin help please?

nexhunter

Reaction score
did you look through your fantastico and make sure none were still on the listing to be in your main directory

Eclipse4

Reaction score
When you install a script through Fantastico you are supposed to uninstall it through Fantastico as well.

Wizet

Reaction score
I deleted all scripts that were installed by fantastico except for my forum but it on another subdomain.

nexhunter

Reaction score
try installing it in a sub directory of your site and then use a redirect like say
in an index file of your main page
Code:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"
      CONTENT="0; URL=path/to/script">
you can change the time so you could have like a welcome page with like linking to other stuff on your site or you could use .htaccess redirect which is available in your cpanel underneath the domains sub items called redirects. Or you could download the script and upload it and install by yourself which then you can have the scripts anywhere you want.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
If this doesn't bother you, I suggest you manually install your forum instead of relying on Fantastico. Fantastico is a great piece of software, really, but it really annoys you more in the later end.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to solve this as i have no experience with fantastico.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I know how to do it. but it requires using a file manager that goes BELOW /home/user/public_html/

its like at /home/user/fantastico/

i did it with a joomla addon.

ill try and remember