New adobe cs5 has launched!!!!

ciril tomy

Reaction score
NEW ADOBE CS5 HAS LAUNCHED!!!!

Checkout the the adobe site for more details.

And stay tuned to get THE BRAND NEW PRODUCT FOR FREE!!!:cool:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Get The Gimp, it's £1,773.08 cheaper

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
NEW ADOBE CS5 HAS LAUNCHED!!!!

Checkout the the adobe site for more details.

And stay tuned to get THE BRAND NEW PRODUCT FOR FREE!!!:cool:

I might give the free trial of Adobe CS5 a try but there is no way I can buy the full product for hundreds-thousands of dollars.

As a personal choice, I'll stick with free alternatives like GIMP (for Photoshop).

Last edited:

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
Gimp may be a good free alternative, but alternative is the key word. It can't match up to Photoshop, and the new CS5 version looks VERY interesting...

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm going to grab Web Premium as soon as I can cos the new features are just out of this world.

As for Gimp, I would like to see it go this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI
To be honest, you can't use Gimp in the professional workflow. At the end it's more expensive then Photoshop cos you spend more time doing something with it the you would spend by using Photoshop. Overall saved time worth more then $1800, don't you think (assuming average web designers fee of $30 per hour)?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm going to grab Web Premium as soon as I can cos the new features are just out of this world.

As for Gimp, I would like to see it go this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI
To be honest, you can't use Gimp in the professional workflow. At the end it's more expensive then Photoshop cos you spend more time doing something with it the you would spend by using Photoshop. Overall saved time worth more then $1800, don't you think (assuming average web designers fee of $30 per hour)?

I totally agree, if you are serious about business you really need to use photoshop as it is much of an industry standard (and that is why we learn photoshop in school and not GIMP)

dbantner

Reaction score
I agree you need to use an app, but c'mon, I mean an app can only take you so far. You need creativity and skill to put into an app like Photoshop. I know guys that use GIMP, and honestly, their stuff looks just as good if not better in some cases than Photoshop. It takes a while to get used to, but hey that's the price you pay for free.

I also have another friend of mine, who really isn't a good photographer, but he bought a $5000 camera, and now his pictures look amazing. Heck I bet that thing would make a turd look good enough to eat.

Get my drift?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes dbantner, that's why I said "you can't use Gimp in the professional workflow". Professional means you already have skill to put into it. Don't get me wrong GIMP is a good piece of software but you can do more in less time with Photoshop no meter what amount of skill you have. That means you are saving time and increasing productivity by using Photoshop.

dbantner

Reaction score
Yes dbantner, that's why I said "you can't use Gimp in the professional workflow". Professional means you already have skill to put into it. Don't get me wrong GIMP is a good piece of software but you can do more in less time with Photoshop no meter what amount of skill you have. That means you are saving time and increasing productivity by using Photoshop.

Oh I agree completely. You are right, it definitely saves time. But I guess if you are really hard pressed for cash, free/opensource is always an option... either that or warez... the latter of the 2 not being the best idea...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
GIMP is a wonderful program, no doubt about it. Photoshop is just as well, obviously it is more professional and is more supported by the makers. As for CS5, I can get myself a 30-day trial via Adobe's website. I can also get myself a massive student discount for it too.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I saw a preview of some of Ps CS5 features, damn, it looks good! hurray for student prices :p