Pointing a domain towards the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone103

Reaction score
How can I point my domain that I just purchased (domainmonster was my registration service) towards my account here? What would be the first step? I do not want to just have it redirect to the site, I want it to be the actual site URL.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
well,

I have no experience with DomainMonster, but there should be a "DNS" or "Nameserver" option in the panel to manage your domain name.

If you set namserver one and nameserver two to

ns1.x10hosting.com
and
ns2.x10hosting.com

respectively, it will make your newly bought domain name point to x10hosting!

Then, just go to the AMP (http://www.x10hosting.com/login) and change your sub-domain to your new domain!

--Neil

Wizet

Reaction score
Actually that isn't the case.
First, you should put the domain in your cPanel-Add-on Domains
Then make a folder for that domain on public_html
Then move everything except the folder you just made into the newly made folder.

Cyclone103

Reaction score
Okay, thanks much everyone. So this means that the domain will still be handled by Domainmonster, and I do not have to transfer it over here?

Thanks for the quick response. As soon as I have an account here up and running, I will be sure to try it out.

Wizet

Reaction score
The domain is technically handled by the global DNS system (I think). But you do have to transfer it over to your cPanel.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, Neil was quite correct, you must change the nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com although, i would recommend to park the domain in cPanel not make it an addon domain or the primary domain, you can find the "Parked Domains" button in cpanel and just park it there. This ensures that you still have a subdomain incase something goes wrong with your domain.

Cyclone103

Reaction score
Okay thanks! Now I just have to wait for the signups to stop being buggy, and wait the four days, again.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
They aren't buggy they are disabled until cPanel or x10hosting comes up with a patch to fix a bug related to creating accounts. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long before they are working again.

Cyclone103

Reaction score
Oh, okay. If you could let me know when they are back up again, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.