PS3 or 360

• PS3

Votes: 37 51.4%

Votes: 35 48.6%

• Total voters

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
simple, which is best? vote and explain

personally i started with the 360 being better, but now im more of a PS3 guy, sony just build their consoles better over all, sure its expensive, but does it over heat every 10 minutes?

sleepingferret

Reaction score
The original release of the 360 was fubar. Then again, so was the original Xbox....and to think, Microsoft and the hardware manufacturers involved in the project have been building (or in the case of Microsoft dealing with) computer hardware for how long? They should've known what the result was going to be, stuffing all that high end heat generating components into a tiny box. And then not to learn from their mistake, when they started work on the 360...now that was just pure comical.

However, I despite the faults (and considering I never trust manufacturer warranties anyways....so I ganked the cover and installed proper cooling components)...I prefer the games and options available for the 360 better than the PS3.

Although....I spend more time gaming on my computer than anything. Consoles are nice for parties, fighting games, and a few other scattered titles...the rest...I'll let my PC handle them.

Last edited:

arsonistx

Reaction score
I've always been a Sony fan. I have never really liked XBox all that much anyways. I would have to stick with the PS3, even though I have never played it, haha.

I've played the XBox 360, and I HATE the controller for one thing. The graphics are great, yeah, but for some reason I just don't like it.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The 360 is better. It has better games. Better online multiplayer. Better exclusives. Pretty much any multiplatform game looks better on the 360. It's cheaper for a better gaming experience.

zeroex

Reaction score
ALways had been a gamer... and had almost every console from the 16bits till now... but for this gen... I vote for the xbox360. PS3 and Wii are intriguing, but no games have made me a system buyer yet. That might change when Super Mario Galaxy or Gran Turismo 5 is released... but for now... the winner for me is xbox360.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
360, hands down.

There was a thread a while back like this where i detailed my thoughts on all 3 consoles. But i'll just summarise some points here:

Cheaper
More hardware options
More comfortable controller (Ergonomic if you must)
More games
More exclusive games
Better games
A better range of games
More stuff to add to your games
Infinitely better online service in all areas (DLC, arcade games, demos, TrueSkill, gamerscore)
Nifty integration with .net passports
Nicer to look at
Fits into AV and stacking situations better
Comes from a less pompus company
More advanced graphics hardware

PS3 has in its favour, what?

Blu-ray
Slightly more powerful but massively more complex processor

And blu-ray may not even win the format war, and is riddled with even more DRM than HD DVD.

o.simon

Reaction score
360, hands down.

There was a thread a while back like this where i detailed my thoughts on all 3 consoles. But i'll just summarise some points here:

Cheaper
More hardware options
More comfortable controller (Ergonomic if you must)
More games
More exclusive games
Better games
A better range of games
More stuff to add to your games
Infinitely better online service in all areas (DLC, arcade games, demos, TrueSkill, gamerscore)
Nifty integration with .net passports
Nicer to look at
Fits into AV and stacking situations better
Comes from a less pompus company
More advanced graphics hardware

PS3 has in its favour, what?

Blu-ray
Slightly more powerful but massively more complex processor

And blu-ray may not even win the format war, and is riddled with even more DRM than HD DVD.
I really have to disagree.

Oke the xbox main console is cheaper.
U state that the xbox is cheaper and has more hardware options, but the cheaper version doesn't even have a hd-dvd drive, but on the box it says hd-dvd. Next to that u have to pay for every little extra thing at microshi*.
So if i wanna play online with a game on xbox i have to get an xbox, i have to get the game, i have to get xbox live.
And if i want to play my hd-dvd drives is have to buy one, counting up all these costs i will be cheaper out if i buy an ps3, he has free online capability's, free bly ray drive.
Next to that , because microshi* is selling his console without the hd-dvd game developers are developing for dvd drives. Which means lower textures, lower sound quality, less content and so forth.
The only thing i find negative of the ps3 is the hard to code cpu which they use. But this story was told as well when ps2 was released, but we all saw that it never was a real negative point, because the developers will get better and better at programming the ps3 and we will see more improvements over the years.
The xbox is a known design for developers (the xbox get's damn hot, with other words it's allready being fully used by the software running on it, so not much room for improvements) so they can't improve a lot anymore and are easily limited by the hardware instead of howto.
Howto can always be "upgraded" , hardware (not in this case)

When looking at ut3, epic was having arguments with microshi* because they wanted users to pay for extra levels and add-ons.
Epic has never asked people any money for any extra service, like development mod's or extra levels, everything was always free and they stand tall with that (great community). They said to microshi* iether u give it free to them or we will not release extra content for xbox360.
I mean microshi* isn't even a company who has ever made any hardware.
And now the make an xbox and rush it... with all el cheapo products in it who overheat or just break down....
I don't find it strange that some people had to send thier xbox back for the third time.....
I mean u pay for a working product, not something which needs patching every week (somehow sound very familiar,,, ow ya windows update :p )

Well i all wish u the best with microshi*, it's a shame they have this much money to overflow the developers with so that they will make exclusive title's.
They are really ****ing up the game industry, i wish sega was still there...:p

Peace out.

SindeeSyringe

Prime Account
Reaction score
WII Baby!!!!! not much of a micosoft fan when it comes to systems gotta go with sony, even tho I dont own either. I stay true to my roots Sega>Nintendo>PlayStation>Xbox

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I really have to disagree.

Oke the xbox main console is cheaper.
U state that the xbox is cheaper and has more hardware options, but the cheaper version doesn't even have a hd-dvd drive, but on the box it says hd-dvd. Next to that u have to pay for every little extra thing at microshi*.
So if i wanna play online with a game on xbox i have to get an xbox, i have to get the game, i have to get xbox live.

I'm sorry... For me you lost all credibility when you started calling them Micro*hit. You could have meant Microship, but I doubt it very much.

My vote is for the 360, but it's a very close battle I think. I just remember the days of PS2 fans saying that a serious disadvantage of the original XBOX was its size. Now out comes the PS3.... I don't think there's enough of a difference between Halo 2 on the XBOX and something like Warhawk on the PS3. I know it's not really a fair test, but in the end, I think that currently, they're both a non-justifiable expense (being a tight-fisted student :))

Last edited:

Evocation

Reaction score
xbox at the moment is better, the games currently out look better on it, and it has a better slection, but ps3 will get better once they learn to code it right, and games come out that are only for it, like ff or gta gt etc,

also while the core price of the xbox is cheaper, to get it to do the same as a ps3, the xbox costs alot more,

main thing i dont like about xbox is the paymonthly for xbox live, £30 a month over 5 years is going to be an extra £300,

the other thing I dont like is this "red light of death" with 3% of xboxes breaking and microsoft saying thats what they expected, while so far the ps3's in like 0.03 or something.

BlueNose

Reaction score
Xbox 360 is better. Better games and better online play and great. PS3 is not worth the money and not worth the price

TheRazor375

Reaction score
Xbox 360 is better. Better games and better online play and great. PS3 is not worth the money and not worth the price

That didn't make any sense at all... "ps3 isn't worth the money and the price..." What? Get real, this is the main reason I don't have a 360 because half of the people on Xbox live have a 5th grade education.

You guys can look at my sig and figure out my opinion towards this generation of gaming.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You guys can look at my sig and figure out my opinion towards this generation of gaming.

What, a bleak, ****filled line up of crappy mini games and bad controls or an over priced console which games are all pretty much offered somewhere else with better graphics and controls at a cheaper price? I see it now.

Staind1982

Reaction score
ATARI BABY!!!

J/K, I haven't been a fan of Xbox but the system is good. There are more games and a bigger backing. However the PS3 is flippin' sweet though. For this I chose the PS3. I just like Sony better.

zelda4evr

Reaction score
i think the 360 is better, better gfx, better online, better games...the ps3 is capable of 360 gfx but they haven't pushed the machine to the limit yet.

TheRazor375

Reaction score
What, a bleak, ****filled line up of crappy mini games and bad controls or an over priced console which games are all pretty much offered somewhere else with better graphics and controls at a cheaper price? I see it now.

Yeah and you just proved to me you might have a 5th grade education level as well, did I flame the 360? I think not, both consoles have flaws and advantages. You should be able to respect somebody else's opinion rather then bash them because you think your 360 is superior. Umm yeah we'll see how superior your console is with a 33% failing rate, games only on DVD9 which gives about 9GB of storage while PS3 has Blu-ray giving a game 50GB of storage, I could go on... but back to what I said above each console has its own flaws and advantages, your just gonna have to accept that. :cool:

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
None of the above.

Nintendo Wii. Period. I don't care about the graphics [that's what computers are for.] I want fun. 8D

Sohail

Reaction score
The PS3 is definitely worth the price!!! Its graphics are way better bacause of its new Blu-Ray discs which can hold upto 50GB so there's are a lot of high definition graphics here and the XBOX 360 has these small 4.6GB discs which isn't that much. Ps3 has a higher processing power, an internet browser, much bigger hard drive for storing movies, pictures, music, ect... You can even install an operating system onto it. It also has things like Bluetooth and Dolby Digital, at least you don't have to pay to play online aswell. Now you can even customize the themes and colours of the cross media bar. Trust me - it's definitely worth the value.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah and you just proved to me you might have a 5th grade education level as well, did I flame the 360? I think not, both consoles have flaws and advantages. You should be able to respect somebody else's opinion rather then bash them because you think your 360 is superior. Umm yeah we'll see how superior your console is with a 33% failing rate, games only on DVD9 which gives about 9GB of storage while PS3 has Blu-ray giving a game 50GB of storage, I could go on... but back to what I said above each console has its own flaws and advantages, your just gonna have to accept that. :cool:

Hey, this thread is PS3 Vs. 360, not you trying to insult my intelligence with your petty childish trolls. The whole vs thing makes it an argument contrary to what you may think.

It really doesn't matter what the failure rate is when Microsoft is repairing the consoles for free and even extended it's warranty an extra year. It's hard to compare your opinion to what the reality of the situation is. It's a fact that 90% of all multiplatform games still look better and, run better on the 360 hardware due to the great development tools that Microsoft provides.

Now, regarding the DVD capacity issue... So far there are zero games that require more than 9 gigs. The games that do go over the limit are overloaded with uncompressed sound files in 10 different languages. Yes, that's right, they are trying as hard as they can to fill up those discs with unnecessary crap.

And really, I don't think it's superior. I know it's superior because at the end of the day it's got something the PS3 doesn't, exclusives worth buying. Not this overhyped Lair **** or a 6 hour long God of War wannabe. :lol:

The PS3 is definitely worth the price!!! Its graphics are way better bacause of its new Blu-Ray discs which can hold upto 50GB so there's are a lot of high definition graphics here and the XBOX 360 has these small 4.6GB discs which isn't that much. Ps3 has a higher processing power, an internet browser, much bigger hard drive for storing movies, pictures, music, ect... You can even install an operating system onto it. It also has things like Bluetooth and Dolby Digital, at least you don't have to pay to play online aswell. Now you can even customize the themes and colours of the cross media bar. Trust me - it's definitely worth the value.

This post is filled with a lot of false assumptions and flatout misinformation.

Last edited: