Ps3 Vs 360

PS3 or 360

• PS3

Votes: 37 51.4%

Votes: 35 48.6%

• Total voters

stillercity

Reaction score
I'd go with the Xbox 360, I don't think there are enough games out there for the PS3 atm, and I know we all love the blue ray, but really, the games for the Xbox 360 are far superior than most games made for the PS2 or PS3, and the ability to link up the 360 with your Windows Vista is just huge for the enhancement and userability of both Microsoft products.

zyther98

Reaction score
Meh, I think PS3 is cool and all, but for some reason I have always wanted a 360, donno why, just have/:dunno::lockd:

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Goodness. Ok everyone, please take some time and google. Learn a bit then look at the specs. Of course after doing that, then you would need more than just numbers to prove a system.

Xbox 360 is great, I will agree there, but the truth is the PS3 is a better system. Xbox>PS2 and Xbox360<PS3. That is just how it is.

One thing that kills me is people talk about price. Ok, so I buy my 360. No wireless, no DVD playback, no internet. Buy all those things then add the price back up. The PS3 is $500 now for an 80GB system. What was the 360 when it came out? I believe the better version of the system was indeed $500. The PS3 doesn't have a bunch of extras you need to pay for.

Don't bash blue ray. And format that can have a 50 GB disc is worth giving a chance. Keep up things like that and HDDs will just be DVDs. Nice and portable :)

And more games? Hmmm..... lets see, PS1 + PS2 + PS3. I believe the 360 has problems playing some Xbox games. Sure some of them work, but not all of them. And really, Sony has always been on the top of 'number of games' for their systems. The PS2 had more than Xbox and the PS3 has more than 360.

How about those controlers? No motion sensing in 360? Hmmm.

Oh, and how about the PSP integration? I can load Music, Movies and Pics on my PS3 then access it all on my PSP? Oh, you can do that with the Zune and 360.... hmmm.... a Zune? Another MS creation.... No games there... Oh and wait, u can't just watch movies and listen to music by streaming it? Oh, well nvm.

And did anyone bring this up? The PS3 can run Linux. I'm sure someone has to be scratching their head now.

I'll give Xbox Halo, and Gears of War(although these are on PC), but rather than comparing basic or simple games, what about Haze? Now there is a game you should talk about with the PS3.

I also assume all these big 360 fans are not big fans of Final Fantasy, God of War, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, etc. Every system has exclusives that are huge and everyone loves.

So before you all go and praise MS for this system, remember
A) The price is an illusion. You will spend more on a 360 in 2 years than a PS3 in 12
B) PS3 has more built in things, one being blu-ray, which IS indeed better quality than HD-DVD(do some research)
C) If you don't pittle around with silly games you will have an incredible gaming experience. I won't rant on crappy 360 games. Every system has good and bad games.
D) The PS3 has even more room for expansion/improvements. The PSP movements are nice. Eventually they will release games that integrate the two systems.
E) if you are into the sort(like The Sims), "Home" is going to be BIG for you
F) The specs ARE better and the PS3 IS a more powerful system

And remember, the Xbox 360 is a great system, but since we are comparing, I will have to say the PS3 is better and I know that I'd rather put $500 into a PS3 than spend $350 on the Xbox360 and have to spend more money to get the upgrades I want(wireless, DVD Playback). And of course If I want to play with other people, $50 a year.

Enjoy :)

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Since you brought up the PSP, I'm posting from my fully homebrewed PSP with YouTube, N64, GBA and SNES emulators, an email and IRC client, multi-tasking capabilities, POPStation, and a full, functional copy of Windows 95 (not a portal). How come the 360 can't do all that?

Evocation

Reaction score
One thing that kills me is people talk about price. Ok, so I buy my 360. No wireless, no DVD playback, no internet. Buy all those things then add the price back up. The PS3 is $500 now for an 80GB system. What was the 360 when it came out? I believe the better version of the system was indeed $500. The PS3 doesn't have a bunch of extras you need to pay for.
Xbox 360 does have DVD playback,
Most cross platform games at the moment atlest look the same on the ps3 as the xbox
Xbox360 is cheaper for those without a HDTV that wouldnt gain any benifit from blu-ray, also xbox has just gone back to the ps1 days of having mulitple disks for games. Blu-ray does seem to be winning the HD format war though at the moment
Wi-Fi is a nice thing, and I'm glad when I first set the ps3 up that it had it, but in the long run 802.11n is just about to come out, making g look alot like b... I plan on making out LAN into giganet so I can stream some HD stuff though it at a nice speed. (this is a good plus to the ps3though)

the Emulation on the ps3 for ps1/2 games isn't surposed to be all that good. (personaly I found it amazing when the games were made for small tv's and you stick it 4 times bigger though)
This that I never got was that a "advantage" alot of reviews put on the xbox was it's BC, yet they crit PS's BC even though it's alot better...

Sony is kinda messed now in the exclusive games, not many companys want to miss out on the market PC users bring, and xbox seems to be able to get most of these titles, meaning ps3 loses alot of their exclusives

PSP is great, but not everyone has one, however I can't think of many households that don't have a computer, which the xbox360 will find easier to integreat with...

Last edited:

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Wi-Fi is a nice thing, and I'm glad when I first set the ps3 up that it had it, but in the long run 802.11n is just about to come out, making g look alot like b...

I doubt that, I get 240Mbps over my wireless G network, and a much bigger range than N (anywhere on the block, I get a strong signal from my laptop). Most of that bandwidth goes to waste unless you are transferring large files between networked computers anyway, even game servers rarely use as much as 10Mbps. As far as I've seen, Draft-N got some pretty bad reviews, whereas SRX400 G (what I have) got very good reviews.

Last edited:

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
So the Xbox can be integrated with the Zune and a PC(for the most part)(there are limits).

The PS3 can be integrated with the PSP(and you can see GG-Xtreme's PSP is far superior to any Zune), and also a PC. Since you can run Linux you expand your reach to a PC through a bundle of networking programs available for this OS. It is almost like PC to PC rather than Xbox or PS3 to PC.

And wireless G isn't going anywhere for a while. N is the new thing out and seems pretty hot, but 9 out of 10 home users are not going to need more than what G can offer. G has been used for networks all over the world, including professional networks. It has the range you need(unless you are in a solid concrete building underground...) and the speed that is enough for most all internet connections. Plus the bonus is the price of G as compared to N. And of course standard G is great for almost all homes, but remember they have rangebooster G and enhanced G(or whatever depending on the brand), so G can reach further and transmit faster.

Oh and while I wasn't aware of the 360 having DVD playing(since the regular Xbox lacked this), I will say that yes, you don't have to buy the HD-DVD accessory, but if we are truely going to compare here(especially on price) then it must be fair.

PS3 has blu-ray playback as its High Definition entertainment addon, and the 360 has HD-DVD playback as its High Definition entertainment addon. But the part that gives away the category to Sony is the fact that the PS3 comes with this addon as a default. A blu-ray player bundled with the system(and as you know a blu-ray player alone is more costly than a PS3).

I don't really care about blu-ray as I probably would buy standard DVDs over a blu-ray, since I only have 1 HD capable tv in my home and don't want to spend more money because I enjoy the movie in VHS format just as much, but this is a comparison thread, and so that was a feature to compare. If you want the systems to be matched, you have to spend more to seperately buy the addons for the Xbox 360.

jinx001

Reaction score
both gaming systems have nearly the same graphic qualities.....ok maybe xbox360 beat sony in that dept. but i HATE, HATE, HATE the controlle on the 360....call me lazy but its far to awkward. Sony need to produce more games for their system and until they do i'm stuck playin my 360 but i prefer my ps3 by far.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
both gaming systems have nearly the same graphic qualities.....ok maybe xbox360 beat sony in that dept.

It's not Sony's fault for crappy game ports. Graphics-wise, the PS3 should leave the 360 in the dust. Hardware and OpenGL give it a huge advantage.