Ps3 Vs 360

PS3 or 360

• PS3

Votes: 37 51.4%

Votes: 35 48.6%

• Total voters

Wrestlesomnia

Reaction score
I gotta go with x-box, although it has a lot of things you have to buy separately. DVD, HD,Cooler, depending on what package you buy.

TheRazor375

Reaction score
Hey, this thread is PS3 Vs. 360, not you trying to insult my intelligence with your petty childish trolls. The whole vs thing makes it an argument contrary to what you may think.

It really doesn't matter what the failure rate is when Microsoft is repairing the consoles for free and even extended it's warranty an extra year. It's hard to compare your opinion to what the reality of the situation is. It's a fact that 90% of all multiplatform games still look better and, run better on the 360 hardware due to the great development tools that Microsoft provides.

Now, regarding the DVD capacity issue... So far there are zero games that require more than 9 gigs. The games that do go over the limit are overloaded with uncompressed sound files in 10 different languages. Yes, that's right, they are trying as hard as they can to fill up those discs with unnecessary crap.

And really, I don't think it's superior. I know it's superior because at the end of the day it's got something the PS3 doesn't, exclusives worth buying. Not this overhyped Lair **** or a 6 hour long God of War wannabe. :lol:

Looks like somebody's attitude changed, well all I can say is the Ring of Death is caused by using cheap solder that melts because of the heat produced by the over clocked CPU and GPU stuck in a tiny console with little airflow. An easy fix would be to just to upgrade their hardware configurations by putting a more expensive solder... but by doing that it would raise production cost greatly making Microsoft the first gaming company in history ever having to raise a console price... so instead they will just extend the warranty and continue to put that cheap solder in your 360. When they fix it all they do is grab a solder iron and re solder the entire motherboard with the same crap it broke on and then they send it back to you not really fixing anything. At least Sony knows how to build there console right with less then 5% of PS3's ever needing to be shipped back.

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975 - Lets see a 360 getting results like that, no wait I think a 360 would just die in the living room after 108 continue hours of use so no need to do test like these.

Oh and back to Exclusives, Gears of War had to take several levels out because of the size limit on the DVD and probably Halo 3 but I never read anything about Halo yet. LOL Lair and God of War? Ok nobody plays Lair, you shouldn't even mention that game, if your gonna mention PS3 exclusives talk about the good ones like Resistance Fall of Man, a 19 GB game and no there is only one language but like 30 huge levels for single player mode and 20 multiplayer maps, then you have MotorStorm an exclusive with some of the best graphics seen in this generation of gaming you can look up the game if you want more details on it. Warhawk and Socom are the two most anticipated exclusive multiplayer titles, Warhawk already being out with online gameplay way better then Halo and yes I have played Halo 3. But Halo 3 does have a better lobby system I have to give it that, probably only becasue Xbox live is payed while PSN (Playstation Network) is free.

senisa

Reaction score
Wii, cause it's the first of it's kind and I get cool injuries from it XD

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like somebody's attitude changed, well all I can say is the Ring of Death is caused by using cheap solder that melts because of the heat produced by the over clocked CPU and GPU stuck in a tiny console with little airflow. An easy fix would be to just to upgrade their hardware configurations by putting a more expensive solder... but by doing that it would raise production cost greatly making Microsoft the first gaming company in history ever having to raise a console price... so instead they will just extend the warranty and continue to put that cheap solder in your 360. When they fix it all they do is grab a solder iron and re solder the entire motherboard with the same crap it broke on and then they send it back to you not really fixing anything. At least Sony knows how to build there console right with less then 5% of PS3's ever needing to be shipped back.
http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975 - Lets see a 360 getting results like that, no wait I think a 360 would just die in the living room after 108 continue hours of use so no need to do test like these.

Who cares? Microsoft is offering free repairs on all 360s with the problem . End of story.

Oh and back to Exclusives, Gears of War had to take several levels out because of the size limit on the DVD and probably Halo 3 but I never read anything about Halo yet. LOL Lair and God of War? Ok nobody plays Lair, you shouldn't even mention that game, if your gonna mention PS3 exclusives talk about the good ones like Resistance Fall of Man, a 19 GB game and no there is only one language but like 30 huge levels for single player mode and 20 multiplayer maps, then you have MotorStorm an exclusive with some of the best graphics seen in this generation of gaming you can look up the game if you want more details on it. Warhawk and Socom are the two most anticipated exclusive multiplayer titles, Warhawk already being out with online gameplay way better then Halo and yes I have played Halo 3. But Halo 3 does have a better lobby system I have to give it that, probably only becasue Xbox live is payed while PSN (Playstation Network) is free.

Actually Gears of War didn't have levels removed due to size issues. In fact it barely took 6 gigs on the disc. They weren't added due to timing issues and even with the new content in it the game is still only 7 gigs.
Halo also had zero problems with disc space.

Resistance is a mediocre shooter and Motorstorm is a mediocre racer. Not even worth to go toe to toe with 360 racers like Project Gotham and Forza. And SOCOM and Warhawk being the most anticipated anything is almost laughable. And yes, Live is better.

Last edited:

NSChan

Reaction score
Im not impressed with what the PS3 does, im impressed with what it Could do. and the Price tag is insane on the PS3

Evocation

Reaction score
Im not impressed with what the PS3 does, im impressed with what it Could do. and the Price tag is insane on the PS3

If you read though anything, then you'll know that the PS3 has a good pricetag for what you get inside it.
I've bought my ps3 system for 400, then i'm shelling out an extra 800 so i can get a good tv in my room. 1200 seems like alot, but it'd cost me hell of alot more to get the same type of proformance out of a pc or xbox

chewett

Reaction score
i would think more people said 360 as it is cheaper and because of that people like it more if they have it

people like what they have

ethanl14

Reaction score
yeah, im gonna have to say ps3.
you have to pay a little more, but you get a lot more pre-installed features.

haha im also getting a ps3 and a hdtv this year for christmas.

:mad: its hard to find a good hdtv for a low price.

spaceforce

Reaction score
PS3 for me. It has more power than the Xbox 360 (even if games don't show it yet), better features (eg Blue-Ray built in) and free online play.

NSChan

Reaction score
If you read though anything, then you'll know that the PS3 has a good pricetag for what you get inside it.
I've bought my ps3 system for 400, then i'm shelling out an extra 800 so i can get a good tv in my room. 1200 seems like alot, but it'd cost me hell of alot more to get the same type of proformance out of a pc or xbox

£150 for the 360
£500 for a my TV
£30 for the High end HDMI

-£520 is a hell of a lot of money to save

spaceforce

Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion pwner but to say it's trash without having any argument to back it up is just immature and inconsiderate. In a way, you're worsening the value of your opinion.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I'm afraid I hate all consoles except for the Wii. I'm a PC gamer (a hard-core UT2004 and UT3 fan), and both PS3 and Xbox 360 games are expensive, cut-down versions of what a PC game could be like. The Wii is the only innovative console. But if I had to choose, I'd pick the PS3:
-Better mod support
-Better hardware
-Free online play
-Mouse and keyboard support

I don't see any reason to buy a 360. It's just an Xbox with better graphics, and an Xbox is just an overrated Microsoft product that in reality is not worth getting. I mean, at least the PS3 has motion sensitivity, the 360 offers nothing but better games, and like I said, I don't like console games. I can plug a gamepad into a computer and call it a console, but I can't plug in a Wii-mote and play a Wii game whenever I want :)

Last edited:

wunsbe

Reaction score
I personally like the PS3 hardware better. I like the fact that it has so many usb ports and a built in memory card reader and also has a blu-ray drive. I also like the fact that you can install ubuntu on it. I think it has more potential as a console, but the games are lacking so far.

naynesh

Reaction score
Xbox 360 even thogh i have got a Playstation £ i would go for a Xbox 360 because they graphics bring out quality and performance.Xbox also includes xbox live which enabels you to go on to it and get upgrades and chat like on msn.

jonstu

Reaction score
PS3 just hasn't done anything to impress me yet...

basically just waiting on GTA4 and MGS4..

TauRo

Reaction score
I've voted PS3 [and with my vote we get a nice pair! hahaha]

Cuz it has a lot of games more than the Microsoft one... And the engine seems to be better this time....

Not so nice the "hardware ps2 emulation" made in the EU version...
But however it seems a good product... Only the time will give us a real answer ;P

omba123

Reaction score
360 started off better, it got a 1 yr lead start on the ps3, therefore it has much better and more games, personally i prefer 360 cause of halo 3, gears of war, and live, and also it has the best fps games out there. But it all comes down to what kind of person you are. Blue ray is expensive, and the dvds are expensive too, ps3's price is reduced now. And the 360 is about the same good hardware as ps3