Ps3 Vs 360

PS3 or 360

• PS3

Votes: 37 51.4%

Votes: 35 48.6%

• Total voters

imaran

Reaction score
You want an honest, nonfanboy post that posts only facts, upon which a decision is reached? Well here you go, I'll be including Wii in this as well.

To be honest, the company I've bought most is Nintendo. From NES to N64 to Gamecube to Gameboys, I've only missed SNES(friend had) and Wii(friend has). That said, the PS3 IS the best of the three consoles and here is why:

(360/PS3 tie)Controllers. Comfort goes to XBOX, ps3 second. Originality goes to Wii, ps3 second. Playability goes to PS3/360, 360's controller is better feeling on the hands but the button layout just isn't as good as the S controller (which was just slightly better than PS2), which puts it at even or just behind the PS3's layout since PS3 has improved from the PS2 with triggers instead of back buttons.

(PS3)Modifying: PS3 wins. They encourage installing alternate operating systems and dropping in laptop hard drives. Wii to my knowledge has the least(inform me if i'm wrong but thats what i've read)

(PS3/360 draw)Games: Right now my personal preference of games goes to the PS3, however shooter fans like the 360 better for Halo. Overall it looks even at this point. PS3 has a year to make up on 360, and at this point the 360 wasn't anywhere near the PS3's quality of games outside of it's big 2 and the PS3 has Haze(the halo killer if executed well), Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5 and theres a ton others that are coming out. Uncharted has amazing graphics, beyond anything I've seen on either system. 360 really only has Halo and Gears of War. Really in the end the games come down to personal preference. In the long haul Final Fantasy will have 2 major games at the very least of PS3 and SquareEnix seems to be making more RPGs for ps3 than any other console, giving PS3 the obvious edge in RPGs. Driving games are mostly cross platform but Gran Turismo vs Project Gotham isn't really a competition, GT is by far the better series. Heck I like ridge racer more than project gotham. As far as action adventure games, God of War is a playstation series, Heavenly Sword is already out for PS3 and most the other good ones once more are cross platform, once more the nod goes to PS3. Shooters has 360 winning with Gears of War and Halo 3 for XBOX and Uncharted for PS3. If Haze executes well though, I could very well see it beating or tying Halo 3 which would pretty much make it a draw there. Even with 360 winning though, the edge goes to PS3 has the other major genres and also strategy and puzzle games covered. According to all reporting sources I've heard the Wii's already weak set of games isn't going to be improved in the next year, which isn't good news.

(Wii)Overall Originality: Without a doubt Wii. The 360 is pretty much an upgraded xbox and the ps3 is a highly upgraded ps2.

(PS3)Online features: PS3. Playstation Network demos provide hours and hours of gameplay all for free. On top of that there are videos (some trailers, some anime, some interviews) of future games and trailers for future. Their message box system is like an instant messenger but better. 360 makes major headway with rankings and the message system works well but the payment part just isn't really worth it unless you have a lot of time. Wii has a bit to go to catch up imo.

(360)Online Play: Currently 360's system of online play combined with the games makes the 360 the big winner here. Halo 3 is the biggest online hit. Once more, if Haze executes, it can really turn this into a personal preference deal and with PS3 being free, it would get the nod. But for now at least the nod goes to 360. Wii's not really worth mention, nothing great for them once more.

(Wii) Cost effectiveness: By far the Wii. Very affordable and very easy to buy. XBOX starts cheaper but after you buy remote and pay the xbox live costs just for backwards compatibility, it becomes apparent that it isn't as cheap as it seems. With the PS3 price cut, they come out even, if not in PS3's favor, but both are behind Wii.

(PS3) Graphics: At this point the games that you can compare between the systems, some are better for ps3 and others are better for 360. For having a year's head start, you would think the 360 would be ahead, instead of just drawing even. In the long run, the ps3 has more potential and things will only go up. The 360 was rushed and wasn't built to the extent the ps3 was. Wii's graphics were never it's selling point and rarely surpass the gamecube's even.

(PS3) Reliability: According to GamePro magazine I believe (i was at the grocery store and it grabbed my attention lol), PS3 has a 0.001% failure rate. 360 has a 33.3% failure rate and Wii is just a bit behind PS3 but they have to replace a lot of controllers/straps. This said, microsoft does fix or replace faulty systems, but it can't be much fun waiting for them to send you your system or have to download and setup everything over multiple times. I'd much rather be playing during that time.

(PS3) Disc: Blu-ray discs hold more than HD-DVD or DVD PS3 and in addition, the ps3 automatically upgrades non HD content to HD for viewing on an HD tv(according to a best buy rep i talked to). HD has special requirements of the 360 which in many cases involves extra purchases. Blu-ray viewing is fully functional and it plays any dvd as well. You get the best of both worlds.

Overall which you pick is personal preference. I chose the PS3 based on it's potential, reliability(my XBOX was my favorite over the ps2, but it failed on me a year ago and microsoft wouldn't replace it and my ps2 is still going, it was two years older at that point too) and games. Heavenly sword was a game that pulled my attention and of course the Final Fantasy games in the future make it an easy decision for me. If Haze is as great as it seems like it will be, it will complete my happiness in the system.

The 360 was rushed to take advantage of being the first next gen system out. The argument that 360 has more unique titles isn't a valid one as PS3 has been out a year less and has many more that are already coming out or have been scheduled(see IGN, which is rumored btw to be paid by Microsoft for good ratings or see Gamespot). 360 will see good profits for a while, but in the long run the PS3 will take advantage of having more titles for their system and more graphics options(whether through more size on the disc or better hardware). Wii can be a lot of fun and can have a good run if they start producing more quality games, if they continue on this pattern of poor games, it will fade like the dreamcast.

Most Facts taken from: Best Buy, Gamestop, gamespot.com, or ign.com

Last edited:

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I agree with you 99% except for this part:
Halo 3 is the biggest online hit. Once more, if Haze executes, it can really turn this into a personal preference deal and with PS3 being free, it would get the nod.

UT3 is going to have tons of players from both PC and PS3 users alike, because the PS3 has mouse and keyboard support, that will be a huge boost for the PS3. It will also give a nice boost to the graphics, since they are better than GoW on the same engine. Plus, Xbox Live seems laggy as hell to me, whereas the PS3 was nice and smooth.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree with you 99% except for this part:

UT3 is going to have tons of players from both PC and PS3 users alike, because the PS3 has mouse and keyboard support, that will be a huge boost for the PS3. It will also give a nice boost to the graphics, since they are better than GoW on the same engine. Plus, Xbox Live seems laggy as hell to me, whereas the PS3 was nice and smooth.

The quality of the game your in depends on the quality of the hosts connection regardless of it being played on the PS3 or the 360. It's pretty stupid to assume since you got a laggy Xbox Live game once that Xbox Live is automatically laggy.

Last edited:

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
The quality of the game your in depends on the quality of the hosts connection regardless of it being played on the PS3 or the 360. It's pretty stupid to assume since you got a laggy Xbox Live game once that Xbox Live is automatically laggy.

Actually I've played several Xbox Live and PS3 Online games at different locations, and overall, that's the conclusion I've come to. Even Xbox players have complained that Live is kind of slow.

Lol the poll is tied.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Then your connections suck. I rarely get a laggy game on any of my consoles.

jocktalk

Reaction score
Not a fan of an of the playstations and expecially not the PS3 i love the xbox and the xbox360 is fun but do not own it yet. I also think xbox's have better games then the PS, but thats just my opinion

apjjm

Reaction score
For me i much prefer pc gaming. But, seeing as i have played both consoles as well I'd say the following:

1) Xbox is better as a gaming console (Currently)
2) Ps3 is an amazing entertainment system

I'd really like to see the comparison done again in a year or so, when the ps3 has games really showing off its true potential.

Evocation

Reaction score
You want an honest, nonfanboy post that posts only facts, upon which a decision is reached? Well here you go, I'll be including Wii in this as well.
I've got a friend with a ps3 and another qith an xbox, havent seen my freinds wii yet so cant really comment on that...
To be honest, the company I've bought most is Nintendo. From NES to N64 to Gamecube to Gameboys, I've only missed SNES(friend had) and Wii(friend has). That said, the PS3 IS the best of the three consoles and here is why:

(360/PS3 tie)Controllers. Comfort goes to XBOX, ps3 second. Originality goes to Wii, ps3 second. Playability goes to PS3/360, 360's controller is better feeling on the hands but the button layout just isn't as good as the S controller (which was just slightly better than PS2), which puts it at even or just behind the PS3's layout since PS3 has improved from the PS2 with triggers instead of back buttons.
PS3 controlers are somewhat lighter then xboxes, though this is helped by the lack of rumble, which will be coming in ps3 controlers soon. ( I don't like rumble all that much)
I found triangle(Dunno what xbox is called) button on the xbox hard to use...
You have to pay an extra £15 for the xboxes rechargable battery, as it normaly uses AA batterys (yet another added xbox cost :/) though the battery will die sometime as this means you can just buy a new battery, while with the ps3 you'll have to buy a whole new controler...(though i think there is a way to redo a ps3 controler just it's not as easy)
(PS3)Modifying: PS3 wins. They encourage installing alternate operating systems and dropping in laptop hard drives. Wii to my knowledge has the least(inform me if i'm wrong but thats what i've read)

(PS3/360 draw)Games: Right now my personal preference of games goes to the PS3, however shooter fans like the 360 better for Halo. Overall it looks even at this point. PS3 has a year to make up on 360, and at this point the 360 wasn't anywhere near the PS3's quality of games outside of it's big 2 and the PS3 has Haze(the halo killer if executed well), Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5 and theres a ton others that are coming out. Uncharted has amazing graphics, beyond anything I've seen on either system. 360 really only has Halo and Gears of War. Really in the end the games come down to personal preference. In the long haul Final Fantasy will have 2 major games at the very least of PS3 and SquareEnix seems to be making more RPGs for ps3 than any other console, giving PS3 the obvious edge in RPGs. Driving games are mostly cross platform but Gran Turismo vs Project Gotham isn't really a competition, GT is by far the better series. Heck I like ridge racer more than project gotham. As far as action adventure games, God of War is a playstation series, Heavenly Sword is already out for PS3 and most the other good ones once more are cross platform, once more the nod goes to PS3. Shooters has 360 winning with Gears of War and Halo 3 for XBOX and Uncharted for PS3. If Haze executes well though, I could very well see it beating or tying Halo 3 which would pretty much make it a draw there. Even with 360 winning though, the edge goes to PS3 has the other major genres and also strategy and puzzle games covered. According to all reporting sources I've heard the Wii's already weak set of games isn't going to be improved in the next year, which isn't good news.
At the moment most cross console games look the same on the ps3 to xbox, though oblivion has been redone. I don't expect to much to change from alot of game companys... Who'll not really what to do twice the work.
Xbox has more games, PS3 games are light and far between, but I always buy games ater all the "hype" and by the time the hype around a game is gone you often don't really feel like buying it.

(Wii)Overall Originality: Without a doubt Wii. The 360 is pretty much an upgraded xbox and the ps3 is a highly upgraded ps2.
The wii is well made, I think. But the Wii is the only console that's making a profit from it's sales. PS3 has a better quility of hardware inside of itself and imo is better made.)
PS3 cooling is on a hard surface with good vent is amazing, it's quite and has even the power surpply inside, it has the black gloss which is in fasion right now as most hdtvs come with it (Sooner this fashion goes the better!)
Xbox is loud, boththe fan and dvd drive while not a problem for loud action games, kinda ruins quiet movies or games...

(PS3)Online features: PS3. Playstation Network demos provide hours and hours of gameplay all for free. On top of that there are videos (some trailers, some anime, some interviews) of future games and trailers for future. Their message box system is like an instant messenger but better. 360 makes major headway with rankings and the message system works well but the payment part just isn't really worth it unless you have a lot of time. Wii has a bit to go to catch up imo.

(360)Online Play: Currently 360's system of online play combined with the games makes the 360 the big winner here. Halo 3 is the biggest online hit. Once more, if Haze executes, it can really turn this into a personal preference deal and with PS3 being free, it would get the nod. But for now at least the nod goes to 360. Wii's not really worth mention, nothing great for them once more.

(Wii) Cost effectiveness: By far the Wii. Very affordable and very easy to buy. XBOX starts cheaper but after you buy remote and pay the xbox live costs just for backwards compatibility, it becomes apparent that it isn't as cheap as it seems. With the PS3 price cut, they come out even, if not in PS3's favor, but both are behind Wii.
This is the main thing about the consoles that is very misleading.
Firstly the Wii is sold for a profit of £5 in japan £15 in the USA, and £30 in the EU(double the figures for $) lest it's very lost to that... so as a EU person.. I feel like I'm being ripped off with the Wii, but is certainly the best for people without a HDTV.
Xbox core system is cheaper, but the xbox elite is the same price yet requires an extra £200 or so pounds after buying it to do the same as a ps3, while a ps3 can be upgraded to a 120gb for around £50 or less
(PS3) Graphics: At this point the games that you can compare between the systems, some are better for ps3 and others are better for 360. For having a year's head start, you would think the 360 would be ahead, instead of just drawing even. In the long run, the ps3 has more potential and things will only go up. The 360 was rushed and wasn't built to the extent the ps3 was. Wii's graphics were never it's selling point and rarely surpass the gamecube's even.

(PS3) Reliability: According to GamePro magazine I believe (i was at the grocery store and it grabbed my attention lol), PS3 has a 0.001% failure rate. 360 has a 33.3% failure rate and Wii is just a bit behind PS3 but they have to replace a lot of controllers/straps. This said, microsoft does fix or replace faulty systems, but it can't be much fun waiting for them to send you your system or have to download and setup everything over multiple times. I'd much rather be playing during that time.

(PS3) Disc: Blu-ray discs hold more than HD-DVD or DVD PS3 and in addition, the ps3 automatically upgrades non HD content to HD for viewing on an HD tv(according to a best buy rep i talked to). HD has special requirements of the 360 which in many cases involves extra purchases. Blu-ray viewing is fully functional and it plays any dvd as well. You get the best of both worlds.
the built in blu ray is a big seller to anyone with a HDTV, though pointles for those that donn't
All PS3 games use blu ray, this is a slight draw back, xboxhas a dvd drive at x12 speed, while blu-ray is x2 speed. not as bad as it sounds though.. blur ray is as fast as the min speed of a dvd, but a x4 blu-ray would be faster then dvd x12
Overall which you pick is personal preference. I chose the PS3 based on it's potential, reliability(my XBOX was my favorite over the ps2, but it failed on me a year ago and microsoft wouldn't replace it and my ps2 is still going, it was two years older at that point too) and games. Heavenly sword was a game that pulled my attention and of course the Final Fantasy games in the future make it an easy decision for me. If Haze is as great as it seems like it will be, it will complete my happiness in the system.

The 360 was rushed to take advantage of being the first next gen system out. The argument that 360 has more unique titles isn't a valid one as PS3 has been out a year less and has many more that are already coming out or have been scheduled(see IGN, which is rumored btw to be paid by Microsoft for good ratings or see Gamespot). 360 will see good profits for a while, but in the long run the PS3 will take advantage of having more titles for their system and more graphics options(whether through more size on the disc or better hardware). Wii can be a lot of fun and can have a good run if they start producing more quality games, if they continue on this pattern of poor games, it will fade like the dreamcast.

I went looking though alot of reviews, and after abit of time with both my friends consoles, went for a ps3.
cnet.co.uk imo gives good unbiased reviews, I don't believe gamespot or ign have been bought, but I do think they prefer the xbox... only thing I had was that they said a plus to the xbox was it could play some xbox games, yet a minus to the ps3 was it could play back some ps1/2 titles. ;x

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
cnet.co.uk imo gives good unbiased reviews, I don't believe gamespot or ign have been bought, but I do think they prefer the xbox... only thing I had was that they said a plus to the xbox was it could play some xbox games, yet a minus to the ps3 was it could play back some ps1/2 titles. ;x

You know why the majority of every single multiplatform game site prefers the 360? Because it's the better console.

Reading all these "PS3 is better" replies is a joke to me. Most of them are clueless and biased, even if they think they aren't. Most of there information is based on nothing or misinformation. It's funny really.

imaran

Reaction score
You know why the majority of every single multiplatform game site prefers the 360? Because it's the better console.

Reading all these "PS3 is better" replies is a joke to me. Most of them are clueless and biased, even if they think they aren't. Most of there information is based on nothing or misinformation. It's funny really.

thank you for such a fact based post (sarcasm) about how PS3 is better posts are not based on facts. i listed where I got most of my information and anyone with google could check my references. i pulled MOST of my information from sites that prefer the xbox and still it leads to the conclusion that they are close but ps3 will be better in the long run. anyone who can do math can see that the ps3 has more potential, anyone with common sense will know that having a head start means that xbox had a head start in number of games. just because you make more games, doesn't mean you have better games. 90% or more of 360 games that aren't cross console games are pretty crappy. check every review website you can find. ps3 has a similar rate at this point, but not quite as high a crap rate as 360 and it's best games are yet to come out. 360 has nothing good on the horizon at this point. halo isn't having any more games i've been told. only hope is that gears of war can produce a sequel or something.

also might i add, that almost EVERY respectable site has constantly mentioned the 1 year head start the 360 has, so while for now they may like the 360 more, that is very much subject to change. any site that doesn't have that in it, loses all respect in the gaming world.

last but not least, as i said, it really comes down to personal preference according to what games you want to play or features you like more. from where i sit, looking at it rationally, the ps3 has far more pluses to it than the 360 does and thats why i bought it. not because you come here and tell everyone how bad the ps3 is without posting any facts to back it up.

as a seperate note:
i've noticed not so frequent lag on xbox live, not enough to deter from using it. i've been on professional networks and home networks and for the most part it's some, but not enough to ruin the gaming experience. what tends to ruin the gaming experience are the people who have hacked the games or live itself to make them look laggy but really they zoom around killing people or taking advantage in some other way.

Last edited:

jairehal

Reaction score
its all about the discs.....compare dl-dvd with blue ray....winner is blue ray...ie ps3,graphics wise...

but, 360 can be modded :)

bbfbbf

Reaction score
A good way of judging is to look at the people who support either of them. while supporters of PS3 are writing long messages trying to give in depth info on various aspects of things, most of what I hear in support of Xbox, doesnt go more than "games look better", or "the info in support of PS3 is biased".
You know what is good for you? I tell you! If you are one of those who never play strategy games, RPG is too complicated for you, often complain about drammatic elongation of the storyline in games and ... 360 is your choice. You are the typical type that makes Microsoft richer. Don't get me wrong. I am a user of Windows myself. But at least I accept that I must be ashamed of myself, using a system that is not well built. I don't understand how can you justify the failure of 1 in 3 360s. I wish I could get a good answer to that. When someone says I like XBox more because I like shooting games I accept it. But I dont understand how such big differences in failure rate or the hidden fees are being justified.
Isn't there some XBox fan who is willing to be logical?
I would say I'd rather see all 3 to survive and go on. I wish there was Sega in the market too. What is the big blow is not lack of graphics or support or speed. It is lack of competition that we are suffering from most. I think if for example Sega had one of those high quality consols out with lots of games of a wide range as they always had; now PS3 was cheaper and weaker, Xbox would fail less and there was a wider range of games for wii.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I don't know how people can honestly look at these two and say that the PS3 is better. Me thinks that the 100 million PS2 owners might be swaying the votes a little.

I mean:
Someone mentioned that PS3 games look better or comparable: LIES
-> Every multiplatform game so far has looked either better, run smoother or had more visual features on 360 than PS3. Assassins Creed as an example.
Someone mentioned that PS3 online is better: LIES
-> the only thing that it might be considered better is because its free. But the 360 has far more features and is updated with far more regularity. And the only feature you actually have to pay for is person to person gaming, everything else is free.

I could go on, but I really think this discussion is marred too much by brand loyalty and misinformation (particularly on the PS side).

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I could go on, but I really think this discussion is marred too much by brand loyalty and misinformation (particularly on the PS side).

You summed up this thread quite nicely.

These PS3 fanboys basically state 4 main points that are pretty much hogwash.

Blu-Ray makes games better.

Wrong. Developers who say that there games could never have been done with out Blu-Ray obviously isn't a very good developer. Heavenly Sword for example used 20gb of space and yet it's only a 6 hour game. What took up all that space? Uncompressed audio of whoever knows how many languages. To me that looks like they were trying as hard as they could just to say "we used a whole Blu-Ray disc". It's also common knowledge that 99% of games out there have zero issues fitting on a single DVD.

Graphics are better on the PS3.

Wrong. Almost all multiplatform games look better on the 360. Don't believe me? Head over to Gametrailers.com and watch the many comparison videos they have made.

Free online.

You get what you pay for...A half-assed online service which can't even compete with it's competition. Home you say? Sounds like another one of Sony's bright ideas.

Future titles make it better.

You mean games like MGS4, FFXII.....Killzone...2? *crickets*

So, I'm being hard on the PS3 when the 360 has been out a year longer...Big deal? I'm the main market audience for the PS3 and it just ain't up to snuff with the quality that the 360 got.

But the 360's hardware sucks and if you're one of the unlucky ones who gets a bummed 360 you gotta send it in and get it repaired....for free. How sad?

That's all I gotta say about that. I'm gonna go play Mass Effect now.

FalseHope

Reaction score
What is with all of these xbox vs playstasion crap. We all know the playstasion products are better, and always will be.

P.S Microsoft, sucks.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
LOL@Mike

Graphics are better on the PS3.

Wrong. Almost all multiplatform games look better on the 360.

Most people think in terms of hardware, where the PS3 is the clear winner. PS3 games don't particularly have good graphics, thanks to lazy developers who have just mainly ported 360 games. Take a look at Unreal Tournament 3. Using the same graphics engine as Gears of War, it shows the PS3's superior graphics.

Future titles make it better.

You mean games like MGS4, FFXII.....Killzone...2? *crickets*

Not to mention that the PS3 is the choice for cross-platform games if you can't upgrade your PC, since it has mouse and keyboard support, and has free mod-support, unlike NaziSof--I mean Microsoft.

But the 360's hardware sucks and if you're one of the unlucky ones who gets a bummed 360 you gotta send it in and get it repaired....for free. How sad?

It's unfortunate the 360 is a piece of junk that overheats every ten minutes.

While I'm not a fan of any console but the Wii, I swear this is the first thread that I've ever seen in which the PS3 is winning, and I'm happy, because the 360 is a poor excuse for a next-gen console.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Most people think in terms of hardware, where the PS3 is the clear winner. PS3 games don't particularly have good graphics, thanks to lazy developers who have just mainly ported 360 games. Take a look at Unreal Tournament 3. Using the same graphics engine as Gears of War, it shows the PS3's superior graphics.

In terms of hardware the 360 beats the PS3 in most areas. The only thing that the PS3 really has on the 360 is the Cell processor and even then developers still prefer the 360's processor. There is no real benefit of developing for the Cell processor.

Not to mention that the PS3 is the choice for cross-platform games if you can't upgrade your PC, since it has mouse and keyboard support, and has free mod-support, unlike NaziSof--I mean Microsoft.

Other than UT3, what game has M&KB support? None? Other than UT3, what developer actually cares about mods on a console? None?

But really, it doesn't matter. If Microsoft really wanted to bring mods to UT3 they would just have to take a page from Bungie and create a web interface where mods download as soon as you boot the game up. It's not hard.

Lawl NaziSoft U R SO KLEVER LAWL

It's unfortunate the 360 is a piece of junk that overheats every ten minutes.

While I'm not a fan of any console but the Wii, I swear this is the first thread that I've ever seen in which the PS3 is winning, and I'm happy, because the 360 is a poor excuse for a next-gen console.

It is unfortunate. Thats why Microsoft repairs all consoles for free.

I also think it's funny that you're so emotional towards a machine and a company. At least you know you're a fanboy instead of denying it.

Alright, now go back to playing Folding@Home.

imaran

Reaction score
360 isn't better really anywhere in hardware. at best they tie. check your sources again. microsoft pulls their parts from all over the place so when they go together they don't perform at nearly the level they would if they were manufactured together. sony manufactures their own hardware for the processors and graphics card at the least(which are both better than what the 360 has to offer btw, which are the two of the most important pieces that matter) and they assemble it all themselves, unlike microsoft (you wonder why they fail?).
online features for xbox are not free, you have to pay for xboxlive yearly if i'm not mistaken. it's not as expensive as it was, but it still sucks. and all sony lacks is statistical rankings, which some of their games feature, they just don't have a display site (which they could probably add with a software update). most of the issues in the past with the ps3 were fixed with software updates...not sending your whole system to microsoft and waiting a month or two (usually it is a month, 3 months is the longest i've heard). All taken from Microsoft's site or forums.
as pointed out before, most of the cross console titles to this point were PORTED from the 360. of course if it's designed for the 360 it will be worse. if you look at IGN's review however, despite that they won 3/7 of the comparisons with most of those being ported games. with the games that haven't been ported it is about even. given the year head start that game companies had with the 360, thats pretty sad.
the reason a bluray disc has the potential for having better graphics, is because of the fact it has more space. the more in depth graphics you go, the more space is required. it isn't a static thing, a NES quality game takes up considerably less space than a Dreamcast game. Check out some ROMs if you like, thats the easiest proof you can find.
i never said that at this point it was more than a decision of which you liked better, i said that personally I thought PS3 had a lot more good coming than the xbox and that it currently has more enjoyable features as far as my needs go. Halo is overrated, it's pretty much been the same thing just done slightly differently 3 times. Gears of War is the greatness of the system, but to me one game isn't enough to buy the system. so yeah I never claimed that 360 was worse at this point. I claimed that it will be worse down the road.

ranperij

Reaction score
Wow, it was dead even until I voted for the PS3. I'm a Final Fantasy whore, if it goes to the 360 then I'd vote for the 360.