RFID chip, is it real?

alcramer

Reaction score
We got our puppy chipped, in case she wandered away and got lost. That cost 60$ and the company that offers this service isn't some joke: it's endorsed by every high-end vet in the Northeast USA. But everytime we go to the vet, they ask: is she chipped? We say yes and they run a scanner over her to pick up the signal (to get the number) and this takes 4-5 minutes . I figure we wasted 60$: no one at an animal shelter is going to spend 5 minutes trying to find a signal. As regards nefarious plots on the part of the US government to chip people, I've got no opinion; but I can say that perfectly legit people, trying to use this stuff to a good purpose, don't seem to have made the tech work.

peacesam

Reaction score
it will not happen on every human...but it has been done on prisoners and animals

admael

Reaction score
The American government already has the technology to locate and track anyone. But currently, it's too expensive to use on normal people for no reason.

But is it scary enough to know that they're very well capable of doing it?

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The American government already has the technology to locate and track anyone. But currently, it's too expensive to use on normal people for no reason.

But is it scary enough to know that they're very well capable of doing it?

LOL, the secret of project Facebook revealed

Social Networking sites are tracking down wrong doers all the time.