Same Sex Parents?

Do you agree or disagree with same sex couples having children?

• I agree same sex couples having children.

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • I disagree same sex couples having children.

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Parsa44

Reaction score
In the thread "what do you think?" the argument of "gay marridge" was debated.

However i do not think that is as serious as Same Sex Parents. Especially in females which can easily buy semen (its true!) of the internet and have a child without even knowing or seeing a opposite sex couple.

I think having two mothers or two fathers is a enourmous strain on the phycology of the child, put it however you like it, but same sex couples are not natural, normal human relationships.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Well I personally feel that everyone has a right to believe and do what they want. And I have had many friends who where gay, and they where all very good people.

As for parents; there might be some bad side effects to having two of the same parents. Most notably there is a higher chance that the child will be gay. (But think of how the friends of the child would think: "Hot damn, he has two hot mothers!" or something like that)

But I also find that homosexuality goes against what our species (and all species) are programmed to do: find someone of opposite sex, and reproduce to help the species survive.

Steeevoe

Reaction score
I think its best if people have a right to believe and do what they want providing they do not cause harm to others.

I don't think I would feel right having same sex parents. Probably another entrance for bullying and making the child feel horrible. People should try and stay hetrosexual if possible as if everyone had same sex parents I'm sure there would be decline in one gender of humans and eventualy wipe us out! Although that would take a long time.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
As long as they know what they're putting their child into, I don't mind. It is a free world, after all. Although having two mothers or two fathers would be rather strange.

Last edited:

Zdroyd

Reaction score
No one agrees that it would be cool to have two moms? Come on guys...

Anyways: I find that it all depends on how well they raise the child, if they impose the homosexuality or not. Some times straight parents are worse at raising children than homosexual ones are...

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I really have no opinion in this, but it would be a hard time for the kid in school, because he will have greater risk of being bullied. And it would be hard to tell friends etc that the kid has 2 dads or 2 moms.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
But I also find that homosexuality goes against what our species (and all species) are programmed to do: find someone of opposite sex, and reproduce to help the species survive.
You're branching off into another debate, but I don't see why that's bad. Other people will continue to reproduce and we will not all be dying out because of a few gay people. Also, just because something is a natural instinct doesn't mean we should do it--fighting, for example.

The argument about school bullying reminds me of racial discrimination. I would never have argued that black people shouldn't have had kids, though, just because of the way they would have been treated at school.

Last edited:

Parsa44

Reaction score
I think its best if people have a right to believe and do what they want providing they do not cause harm to others.

I think they are causing phycological harm to the child. Thats what i persume would happen, I mean is it normal to have two mothers or fathers. It could even cause the child to think its natural and normal and end up becoming gay themselves.

stunna

Reaction score
Thats just wrong. If man to man and woman to woman was to be then God would make men have babies.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think having two mothers or two fathers is a enourmous strain on the phycology of the child, put it however you like it, but same sex couples are not natural, normal human relationships.

I couldn't agree more.

SkuToV

Reaction score
I personally have no quarrel with homosexuals having kids in couples. I think it's only right for people to know their biological parents but that's the only thing I have against people in these situations having kids. Sure, they may get bullied a bit more, but that's bad for the people doing the bullying because they can't take the fact that one of their friends has gay parents.

I have a friend in school who's lesbian, I also know someone who's a seriously homophobic, even though he won't admit it. If homosexual couples want to have kids then it's their right as humans to have kids, however, it's also the right of the child to know who it's biological parents are.

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
This would just confuse the hell out of the child.
I say "NO" to drugs and this...

TomyVk

Reaction score
I'm totally against it....
Imagine just that someone has 2 fathers or 2 mothers, you have to think about the childs mental health etc. The worse problem in those relationships is that their child could go gay because it never knew something different, and think just about how other children would act with that child in school and in the further life.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Thats just wrong. If man to man and woman to woman was to be then God would make men have babies.
I'd first like to mention that your reasoning relies on the unproven claim that we were created by a god.

Now, aren't you basically saying that you think it's not natural? Eyeglasses aren't natural; cancer is. According to your logic, eyeglasses are "wrong" and cancer is okay, because the god you believe in created it.

Is it also "wrong" for people who aren't the same race as Adam and Eve to have kids? To fit it into your own statement: "If black to black and Asian to Asian was to be then God would have made Adam and Eve those races."

For the above example I'm assuming the Adam and Eve characters in the Bible were non-black and non-Asian, although the book doesn't specify.

A rebuttal I have for everyone saying the children might "turn" gay:
Are you also against fat people having children? It's much more likely that fat parents will pass on their unhealthy habits to their children, resulting in the children becoming overweight.

Last edited:

Parsa44

Reaction score
I'd first like to mention that your reasoning relies on the unproven claim that we were created by a god.

Now, aren't you basically saying that you think it's not natural? Eyeglasses aren't natural; cancer is. According to your logic, eyeglasses are "wrong" and cancer is okay, because the god you believe in created it.

Is it also "wrong" for people who aren't the same race as Adam and Eve to have kids? To fit it into your own statement: "If black to black and Asian to Asian was to be then God would have made Adam and Eve those races."

For the above example I'm assuming the Adam and Eve characters in the Bible were non-black and non-Asian, although the book doesn't specify.

Are you also against fat people having children? It's much more likely that fat parents will pass on their unhealthy habits to their children, resulting in the children becoming overweight.

I think you are taking it way to far in terms of how you interpret these posts.

What levithian was saying about its not "natural". He is saying that:

If it WAS natural why cant same sex couples have kinds normaly? So it must be natural.

And also i was saying that if same sex couples did have children thier children might think that they too should become a same sex couples. We all know how much children are influenced by thier parents.

Is it also "wrong" for people who aren't the same race as Adam and Eve to have kids?

Doesn't make sense first your saying that god doesnt exist now your talking about Adam and Eve. Also what has "race" got to do with same sex couples?

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I agreed with you until this part.
Fat people have the children which fatness is passed on by genetics or eating habits.
Not by psycological problems in their childhood, even though it is possible.

hcse26

Reaction score
I believe in democracy but as you know that everything has it's limits and this one is no different.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm for it. I mean why not? Would it even make a difference?

Children need a stable home and if a same sex couple can provide it then so be it. I'd even be willing to bet that many gay couples would be better parents than a lot of the dead beat parents that do have kids. Those are the kinds of parents people should be protesting against, not gays. Although if you are one to protest against such things you may fall into that category anyway.

It really is like telling a black person they should not have children because they are black.

Parsa44

Reaction score
I'm for it. I mean why not? Would it even make a difference?

Children need a stable home and if a same sex couple can provide it then so be it. I'd even be willing to bet that many gay couples would be better parents than a lot of the dead beat parents that do have kids. Those are the kinds of parents people should be protesting against, not gays. Although if you are one to protest against such things you may fall into that category anyway.

It really is like telling a black person they should not have children because they are black.

I agree with you uptill the last part,

I think there is a big diffrence in disallowing two fathers to adopt a child than disallowing somebody from a diffrent race having children.