!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I feel welcomed to be back :).

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, you'd better prove yourself friendly if you expect to stay here for long. If you keep on abusing your -rep powers, I'm sure the staff will catch on sooner or later and things will be down hill for you from there.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not that I am off conversation, but I'd like somebody to explain to me what's going on... I don't feel like reading 246 pages (I read this one)...

zen-r

Reaction score
It's not that I am off conversation, but I'd like somebody to explain to me what's going on... I don't feel like reading 246 pages (I read this one)...

OK. I'll summarise all 246 pages for you ;

An open thread for chit-chat, jokes, weather reports, & arguing!

Not much else really. ;)

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Well, you'd better prove yourself friendly if you expect to stay here for long. If you keep on abusing your -rep powers, I'm sure the staff will catch on sooner or later and things will be down hill for you from there.

Oh I'll be staying here long :).
Edit:
zen-r / ichwar: I have contacted an administrator and I have had them remove those negative rep's. Can you please confirm from your end?

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
... I have contacted an administrator and I have had them remove those negative rep's. Can you please confirm from your end?

Yes - I can confirm mine's gone - thanks.

The neg. reps weren't really the issue for me Brandon, it was more.... not getting a good vibe about your intentions behind them.

Anyway, I'm happy to leave that all behind us. Cheers. :)

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I was just playing around, obviously you guys didn't find me funny =p. So what's new in life, anything good?

zen-r

Reaction score
All that's new for me is that I'm now down the main part of £1000.

Just renewed road tax, van insurance, parking permit, MOT (vehicle safety test), & got some basic servicing work.

I don't mind spending so much when I'm buying something I can see (like a nice new gadget) - but this is all money down the drain, with nothing to show for it!

The government gets most of it, so I expect that at least they're happy. :crying:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
The government will never be happy. Is that all just to put your car on the road? Sounds expensive :\.

debio264

Reaction score
I get to go under my car this evening and put some bushings on the automatic transmission shifter rod so it'll shift without clicking and without me having to move the shifter past the gear I want and back.
I also get to install a new transmission mount and new sway bar links and hope that stops the vibration I'm getting when I drive around 55 MPH.

These are the joys of driving a car that's older than I am. I like it too much to stop though.

zen-r

Reaction score
@ Brandon - Yes, just to keep it on the road, where it already was, for another year.

If this keeps up, I'll be dusting off my old bicycle, & getting a bit more exercise, instead!

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Here I put $300 down for insurance + $50 title fee (one time fee, because i transferred ownership into my name) and a prorated plates fee of $34.90 (There for 2 years, It was march 09 when I registerd i got plates for Jan 09 so it's cheaper than the $40 for 2 years). The vehicle inspection fee is $29 once a year and i pay about $134.50/month for insurance.

Just a little bit cheaper here I guess.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Your yearly insurance sounds a lot higher - but I guess that's more to do with your age than the country. Everything else sounds a lot cheaper.

The government do it here because it's a great way of squeezing more tax out of us, & they can claim it's a Green policy, because it puts us off using cars!

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Problem is I am a 17 year old kid, and statics show that we get in more accidents so it costs more to insure.

zen-r

Reaction score
Insurance has gone through the roof since I was that age. It was actually affordable back then.

What the insurers don't realise or care about is that if you have an accident, Brandon, you'll probably be quite cheap for them, because you'll be keen to repair the vehicles yourself! ;)

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Or, better yet, I just won't get into an accident.