Upgrade disk space

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
to get an increase you must be using at least 75 % of your disk space.
your account must be at least 7 days old,
all files must be used by your website (not online storage)
no stored, archives or backups stored on account.
then a staff member has to review your account.

peim

Reaction score
✔ 75% Disk Space: 471.9 MB / 512 MB
✔ More than 7 days old
✔ Files used by website
✔ No stored, archives nor backups

Please review my petition. Thank you.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
staff may review your request but it could be a few days or more because of the holidays.
i have asked a staff member to review

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no hosting linked with this forum account.
Note that all accounts would have had an forum account automatically created, please refer to your account panel to see what the linked forum account is and post back before we go in and look at the account, so ensure the request comes from the account owner.

peim

Reaction score
Here is the situation, in my account panel it says
Forum Account
peimx10h
But when I try to login into the forums with the same credentials I use for the x10hosting panel, I log in into this account.

If i try to login with peimx10h username, I get the incorrect password prompt. In order to reset the password, I use my account panel email address (the one stated above and the one linked to my x10hosting account). However when I do that, I get a password reset request for the account I'm posting this message from.

So I can't seem to be able to login into peimx10h nor reset the password for that account. If you can send me a password reset request for the peimx10h account, I'd happily switch accounts and post from it.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

kenny9

Reaction score
Your request has nothing to do with upgrading disk space as the thread title states. You should start a new thread to assure you get assistance from a moderator.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
the peimx10h forum account uses an gmail email address, so it would not be possible for it to send the request to the same email address as you have on the hosting account at this time.
I'm guessing that you at some point changed contact email for the hosting account, which would NOT have updated what you have for contact address on the forums.
I can update which forum account is linked with your hosting if you reference this thread and send me an email from the one attached with your hosting to anna@x10hosting.com to verify you are indeed the same person.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have taken a look on the account. Before any changes are made could you please clarify how public_preview and public_dev is used?
Keep in mind all files on the account need to be relevant to the site, and by default these two would not be accessible and may therefor be seen as not being part of the site (ie filehosting at worst). They stand for the majority of the account usage.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
On a side note, unless you have email handled by a third party, I would strongly suggest having the contact email address set to one that is not dependent on the account to be working (meaning it should be an email address not hosted on your account).

Mindpluschess

Reaction score
Hello this is my website connected to x10 hosting free hosting

Mind Plus International Chess Academy – Learn Chess From The Best

www.mindpluschess.com
www.mindpluschess.com

is there any way can I upgrade my spae a little more? It really means to me that I just need some more to add some pages to my site and install some plugins.

peim

Reaction score
I can update which forum account is linked with your hosting if you reference this thread and send me an email from the one attached with your hosting to anna@x10hosting.com to verify you are indeed the same person.
Thanks, mail sent!

Before any changes are made could you please clarify how public_preview and public_dev is used?
No problem. We are a graphic + web design studio and we use public_preview and public_dev as subdomain routes to showcase some of our works to clients and potential clients privately (we need to do it privately to avoid indexing and honor confidentiality terms). It is part of our online portfolio, which is what we use the website for and that's why these folders are relevant to it.

On a side note, unless you have email handled by a third party, I would strongly suggest having the contact email address set to one that is not dependent on the account to be working (meaning it should be an email address not hosted on your account).
We handle our e-mail through Thunderbird, should we be fine?

Thank you for everything Anna, if you need anything else just let me know.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@Mindpluschess

the free forums are mostly volunteers, (users helping other users)
x10 official support does not actively monitor the forums but they do check posts occasionally.
meaning it can take a few days, (or longer) to get a reply from support staff.
you can also try using the discord service for faster replies if possible.
otherwise you will need to wait for staff to reply.

peim was also correct, a new post for each request is needed.
posting to someone elses post may only result in your post not getting seen by staff.
staff does not always check posts that were already resolved.

peim

Reaction score
Hi,

It's been 10 days since I don't hear from you. Just sending a friendly reminder in case this thread got lost.

My last post with everything you asked:
Thanks, mail sent!

No problem. We are a graphic + web design studio and we use public_preview and public_dev as subdomain routes to showcase some of our works to clients and potential clients privately (we need to do it privately to avoid indexing and honor confidentiality terms). It is part of our online portfolio, which is what we use the website for and that's why these folders are relevant to it.

Thank you for everything Anna, if you need anything else just let me know.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Thunderbird was not what Anna meant. that is just a client.
she was saying to make sure the email address was not relied on the account so its separate from it.