Vegetarians

How do you classify your eating habits?

• Omnivore - Whatever I feel like putting into my mouth.

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • Vegetarian - No "meat," but other animal products are a-ok!

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Vegan - No animal products for me, thankyouverymuch!

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other - Anything else: meatitarian, candytarian, cannibal, you name it.

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

thebabyhater

Reaction score
I'm curious about the eating habits of my fellow x10ers.

Personally, I've been a vegetarian (no beef, chicken, fish, pork, etc, but I still consume other animal products like honey and eggs) for about a year now, and I don't miss meat in the slightest. My motivation has nothing to do with the environment, or making some kind of statement, or trying to protect the poor animals. I just wanted to see if the health benefits I've read about in certain medical journals really existed. Living to 115 in perfect health sounds pretty great in my book. :)

But I'm ranting about myself now. I want to hear about you.

How would you classify yourself? Omnivore? Vegetarian? Vegan? Meatitarian? :p Also, if you're "weird" like me, what inspired you to undertake a change in your eating patterns?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well growing up with a family that eats meat, i am kind of forced to eat meat. But as i move out into my own life/house, i might venture into eating vegetarian only

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm an omnivore. I don't like eating certain kinds of meat, some I can't eat right now, and fish such as Salmon tend to make me feel a little sick. I love eating Turkey though! I put that on all of my sandwiches!

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I eat what ever there is to eat! If the menu is candy, I'll take it. If the menu is salad I'll take it. If the menu is leftover chicken liver, I'll take it!

But, I've never really like meats. I in no way what so ever try to avoid meat, but I'm mostly vegeterian simply because I don't enjoy eating it. I guess you could say I'm picky. Lol:lol:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Omnivore by nature, anything in front of me is devoured, unless my mom cooked it then..... :S
I never liked the taste of most meats, but I make no effort to avoid it. Except for chicken, I got drumstick.

withambition

Reaction score
Omnivore. Although I don't like beef, I enjoy chicken, pork, and fish.

I've read articles on vegetarianism and although it seems like a wonderful concept, I'm not willing to put forth extra effort in order to obtain protein. Tofu anyone? =/

I do, however, feel rather unhappy with eating an animal that didn't deserve to die. Then again, it's all part of the food chain.

tittat

Reaction score
i will eat what ever is good for eating... iam a fan of Eggs,Meat,Fish blah blah.... But i believe vegetarian food is the best.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I eat most things suitable as food :)
I try to take on some vegetarian recipes sometimes, especially if there's been a lot red meat on the menu for a while. But that is mainly because I get tired of the meat and want a small change in cuisine :)
I do try to put in vegetables into the cooking as well though, as a fresh side salad, or by adding beans or lenses into a stew for instance.

swirly

Reaction score
I eat some veggies but I personally cannot stomach a salad. I don't know why. I'm really picky on my vegetables but if you make it right, anything can taste good. The girl 2 seats down from me is totally vegan. She doesn't use any animal products AT ALL. No milk, chicken broth, nothing. She tries to get people to sign stuff for vegans lol. But I have no problem with it. I think meat tastes better than vegetables though really.

hamsn

Reaction score
Well we have both kinds of teeth, which the sheep have and also which the cat/tiger has. According to this we can eat both, so here I am, a non veg.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Being a meat eating monster I could not imagine living another way. A life void of tastey cows, lambs, or even the occasional buffalo would not be a life I'd like.

Plants have feelings too not only that but vegetarians and vegans are eating our rain forests. Think of the rain forests.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well, I eat meat but I could scarify 1 day or 2/week to no meat, but I will always eat meat.

I have nothing against vegetarians, but I some sort of dislike vegans (I don't see what the problem is with drinking milk, if it is ecological).

And my parents would not like it because I don't weight as much as a normal Swede does, so I need to eat more. And I heard you need to eat alot more vegetables than meat to gain some weight.

Parsa44

Reaction score
Although i am a omnivore i dont eat pork because my parents work in the medical sector and believe pork is a very unhealthy meat (tastes horrible too in my opinion), but i do have great respect for vegetraians and vegans for standing so activley for something they believe in.

Parsa44

Reaction score
I am not so picky with food, as a child i always ate a lot of meat although my moms cooking very often contained broths and stews which where full of vegetables.

gautham

Reaction score
I am a pure veggie. Dunno why, but meat just makes me feel sick. It has nothing to do with ethical preferences. Besides, being a veggie is not just salads and juices. There are countless dishes which can be prepared and are veggie and all of them taste awesome.

cowctcat

Reaction score
I thoroughly enjou meat. most often it should probably be cooked more but really red meat is the bestest. I just dont understand vegetarians and vegans. well more meat for me

xPlozion

Reaction score
I suppose I'm an omnivore, but I don't enjoy many meats. I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of steak or some types of pork. I can eat turkey, but it HAS to have cranberry sauce :drool:

I weigh average I suppose (135 lbs -> 61 kg)

PS, I never realized how many of us are sorta picky on the types of meat we eat (if you eat meat).

Last edited: