• Other

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I Hate webmails!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
GMail is nice, but I like Yahoo! Mail Beta; drag drop saves so much time when it comes to organizational skills.. I use GMail primarily for small file transfers since it's got the nice capability of downloading all files into a zip folder at one time..

Chris Z

Reaction score
really, spartan? wow i didn't know you could download it all into a zip, that's even more reason to join gmail xD

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I used hotmail until GMail was released :D
I love GMail :D

jensen

Reaction score
My vote is for yahoo because it has been reliable and has enough space for me to use.

elven

Reaction score
i use both gmail and hotmail
i prefered hotmail back when you could add it in outlook express (without actually paying for that feature :mad:)
now i'm leaning more towards gmail due to: better spam filter, more storage space, search function to retrieve mails easely (i don't mind them searching through my mails)

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Definately GMail. I have had a bad experience with hotmail banning my accounts (about 5 now) because an idiot was sending them forged emails (That i had not sent them). Their abuse dept is really crap and needs sorting out.

Gmail also because pop3/smtp access is FREE!!!!!!

jaint

Reaction score
gmail - i dumped my hotmail account (i had a beta hotmail live account when they were closed beta, but I didn't like how it handled and I haven't used it since).

Gmail's is ok, but it has too much javascript in the files.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I like Gmail because you can use it for your domain e-mail service. ( Google Hosted )
Although I tried using the Hotmail version ( Windows Live Custom Domain ) ... the ease and helpfulness of Google is what brought me back to them. :)

-- As for hotmail for personal e-mail, depending when you created your e-mail account ( unless they changed it again ) - I read that you can still connect to outlook express with your account. It all depended on when your account was created ( A "Grandfather" clause )

Cubeform

Reaction score
GMAIL!!!!! Gmail is great; they use enough AJAX, but not too much (unlike Windows Live Mail/Yahoo Mail Beta). Don't forget; no ads attached to your email. Of course, computers read your email to display relevant ads, but I don't know why people were so crazy about it.

I've tried Windows Live mail, and it's horrible on Firefox. Drag'n'drop stopped working a long time ago. Ugh.

Also: I think that pretty much everyone here has a Gmail account, so this Crossfire is kind of one-sided...

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Cubeform said:
Also: I think that pretty much everyone here has a Gmail account, so this Crossfire is kind of one-sided...

I have Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail ... I use mostly Yahoo / Hotmail ... but I do use gmail for other things ( like my domain e-mail service )

Last edited:

Rufio1

Reaction score
i use yahoo and hotmail, so far so good. i like yahoo feature where you can add an extra email address to your exsiting one, so two different emails with one account. its pretty nice.

I'd like to try gmail, but dont know how to get one :\

EDIT: nvm just figured it out. looks pretty awsome

Last edited:

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Live mail. I guess that counts as hotmail.

I personally just like the integration into other things like the msn toolbar, Live spaces, Live Mesenger, xbox live etc. But then again, MS have the presense to do that stuff where others don't. :wiggle:

I do have a Gmail account, but its one of those silly '@googlemail.com' ones so it kinda takes the 'coolness' factor out of it. and never really used it that much

i've never had a problem with hotmail. Live Mail even less so with the improved spam filter, phishing filter and such. strangely i don't get much spam anyway, lucky me.

sakibahmed

Reaction score
I think GMAIL is the best in navigation and storage size and probably simplicity. However, Hotmail is a more trusted webmail provider and it has more services to offer and it's layout is better. Same with yahoo.

dyfuse

Reaction score
After using Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail and Gmail, I believe Gmail is the most efficient of the three.

Although, you could probably say that Yahoo! Mail is more reliable, Gmail has sooooooo much space that you could probably start using it as a storage service....well, for yourself of course. Gmail doesn't append any ads to outgoing emails like Hotmail does, and has limited ads in the browser window. For Yahoo! and Hotmail, Hotmail especially, more than half the bandwidth used by checking your mail is loading stupid ads, whereas Gmail only has small text ads beside the email window.

Many a time ago, Hotmail accounts were one of the only ways you could connect to MSN Messenger, so that was the only reason I signed up for an account. But since the .Net Passport allowed other email accounts to obtain an account to sign into Microsoft Services, it just meant I could move on to bigger and better things.