WHich is the best Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

osaeed2003

Reaction score
Clamwin- fits on a Usb drive, deep scan abilities and free. open source as well

avg was teh best until version 8 blew it out of our asses. That version is slow in scanning and stuff. avg's previous version are much faster, but again i like clamwin.

grid26

Reaction score
AVG, i used kaspersky and though it is good it is a huge resource hog and hence i shifted to avg and is pretty light and good!

hezuo

Reaction score
I recommend you to use Nod32 SmartSecurity. It works fine in my p4.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've been using Malwarebytes' lately. And it works really nicely! It's not an AV program in the truest sense of the word though.

Parsa44

Reaction score
I suggest avast antivirus because its free, but im sure there are better ones especially if your prepared to spend some money

xPlozion

Reaction score
i used to use avg, but now i'm using nod32 smart security. picked up one or two viruses that avg didn't

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I recommend you to use Nod32 SmartSecurity. It works fine in my p4.
Yes, Nod32 works really nicely.

I'm also running Spyware Nuker XT right now, but it only has a 30 day trial. After that, they make you buy a license if you're going to continue to use it. But it has picked up a trojan on my pc that was causing a lot of trouble, and no other av's that I tried could find it, it was hidden so well.

hermitobserver

Reaction score
The only one I have ever used is McAfee. I think its OK. The only bad thing abut it is that it makes my computer slow at times. I still recommend it though.

freenetter

Reaction score
I love the free version of Avast. It was recommended to me by a friend, and since then, all the family's PCs have it installed for about 3 years now. Never had any problems with it, doesn't use up much RAM or CPU time, starts up quickly when I log into Windows XP (It also runs very quickly on Vista by the way - one of the PCs in my family has it running with Vista Ultimate.)

It has gotten rid of some pretty nasty viruses, and only once in 3 years has it not been able to properly get rid of a virus. I highly recommend it.

steronius

Reaction score
I use ThreatFire.com and I've been using the free avast and i usually recommend it -- hey whats better than free antivirus?

But I recently ran BitDefender.com's free online scanner and it has found viruses inside of installer files that i kept on my machine. So thank you BitDefender!

chingola

Reaction score
I used to like AVG except the last update I did slowed everything down until I uninstalled it. I also use NOD32, except it conflicts with Poser 7????? strange. Also A-squared is good. Yes I also run Norton AntiVirus. I find NOD32 catches the most nasty stuff. Malwarebytes is also good for catching other nasties

tds888

Reaction score
I use AVG, background activities mostlly. Disabled scans as i keep an eye on what goes onto computer. Use a Ghost if you are ever really worried about files.

ptrachte

Reaction score
I have used AVAST for about three years. It finds everything i need it to, since i haven't suffered any loss from infection. But when doing a full scan its pretty slow.

frankfriend

Reaction score
I use Kaspersky now. AVG looks good. Try following up on thre various independent surveys that appear in magazines like PCPro and Personal Computer World.

Status
Not open for further replies.