Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

jerome990

Reaction score
Grabbed a leaked Microsoft link for the 32-bit version 2 hours before the beta went live, and then grabbed a key some 4-5 hours after the beta went.

Gonrah

Reaction score
It shouldn't be crashing, Win7 is one of the most stable OS out there at the moment.
Ever there is omething wrong with your hardware such as overheating, or not seated correctly.

I agree with you. I use Win7 for seven months and there are still no problems. Well, I except some errors with old games because it is normal for different OS.

dazman10

Reaction score
Not me. Have no need: "If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it." I still use XP Pro...

Scaramanga

Reaction score
With that logic, why don't you go back to MS-Dos?
Just because he isn't gonna fix it doesn't mean he's gonna break it again! :p

I picked it up 'legally' a couple of months ago, I thoroughly enjoy Windows 7, it's not as good as XP, though, but it's faster so it clinches it for me. D:

gameshell3d71

Reaction score
I've been using it since RTM stage. Used it first on a Prescott P4 3.0GHz PC with 2GB RAM, it ran surprisingly well and I could barely tell the performance apart from XP. Then I upgraded to an i7 PC and I have to say, it's simply a breeze to work with.

Everything has been stable since day one, and I couldn't be happier.

InfinityFX

Reaction score
I've been using Windows 7 since the first beta on my main PC. First I had Beta, then RC, then I bought the full version the day it came out. I love it, a great change from XP and Vista (although I do run Linux on my laptop)

dozmap

Reaction score
At long last, Windows 7 is officially here. Here's what you need to know about the latest and greatest from Microsoft....

Hosting

hazar90

Reaction score
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate RTM it's the best and got it from by uncle as a birthday present.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have it on this computer I am using...

I like it, I think it's similar to vista...

There isn't, (in my opinion) anything special. Just new designs and what not. Nothing out of the ordinary. If you have a mere windows xp...take it, I say, if its cheaper than windows 7. Win7 is just nothing special (in my opinion again.).

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Go for the 64bit version of Win7 otherwise your hardware is restricted to only using 4GB of RAM max, regardless of how much the motherboard will actually accept. It's hard coded into the O/S so no patch or workaround to be had folks.

Have to agree with JK, it's nothing special but then I am a self confessed 'geek' and somewhat critical. Win7 however was never meant to appease the likes of myself, it was designed for the lowest common denominator... the seething mass of technophobic consumers that is Joe Public.

Seriously tempted to downgrade to XP and hold out till Win8 or whatever Micro$oft decides to call the next incarnation comes along. If they don't pull something out of the hat soon even the die hard windows fanatics will be asking to borrow a Ubuntu boot disk!

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Glad to see you agree with me cybrax...I am sure others do as well.

ronak123

Reaction score
CHILL OUT GUYS u dont need a key just such in goole for a software name Chew-WGA 0.9 – The Windows 7 Patch and run that software and u are done ...runing the genuine windows 7 with all daily updates am using windows 7 and that patch so its working for me :D

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
I'm using Win7 atm, and IMO it's an improvement over other OS's MS made... Interested in seeing what Windows 8/Next will be like. :)

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In terms of core coding Windows Vista and 7 are pretty much alike – broken products.
Both of them are based on Windows NT 6 kernel.
So, one may also assume that Windows 7 suffers from intrinsic problems that bogged down Windows Vista.
Not so at all.
Windows 7 is more refined and matured version of erstwhile Vista.
But, still it is broken!
Without going any further into intricate details -what has changed and what hasn’t, I would say Windows 7 is just a “save-face” and “save-money” product.

Save-face:
Won’t it hurt the world’s largest (in terms of number) OS maker’s ego that the whole OS not just a part of it has failed?
It certainly would. So, to save face, build something upon it and flaunt it as “not a failed product”.

Save-Money:
A major release (like XP to Vista) or even a minor release (like Vista to 7) has financial liabilities attached to it.
Funding a new kernel base so soon would definitely put a dent in their pocket.
So again build something on top of something you already have.

Windows 7 won’t save them too!

How dare you to say so?
Well, public lacks faith in it.
Reasons are manifold.

Ex:-
A previous fellow x10, posted:
-------
I'm using Win7 atm, and IMO it's an improvement over other OS's MS made... Interested in seeing what Windows 8/Next will be like.
----------
Now, read these words again “Interested in seeing what Windows 8/Next will be like”.
People aren’t interest anymore to see what kernel 6 or Windows 7 has to offer anymore.

And so does Microsoft.
C’mon! It ‘had’ already started development of Windows 8.They know it too – Windows 6 kernel base is a doomed product.
It is like a broken ship whatever you use to try to fix it; it will sink sooner or ‘not so later’.

But, what is really appreciable is how they have used their clout (via OEMs/IVHs/media/etc) to pull off a rabbit out of hat – or put a new label on old bag of
dirt.

Thanks

I almost forgot, I use Windows 7 x64 when I need access to more RAM (>4GB).
And I got it on DAY 1.

digital_island73

Reaction score
I am currently using windows 7 ultimate 64 bits, I believe is a stable OS you can rely, but is very expensive and there is other OS that can match your needs and free of charge.
Beside the cost we pay for this OS I think is fast and good enough.
If I could find some applications on Linux I will change it

Regards!

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am currently using windows 7 ultimate 64 bits, I believe is a stable OS you can rely, but is very expensive and there is other OS that can match your needs and free of charge.
Beside the cost we pay for this OS I think is fast and good enough.
If I could find some applications on Linux I will change it

Regards!

"If I could find some applications on Linux I will change it"...

What are you looking for ?