Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

Darkmere

Reaction score
My dad changed my laptop from XP to Windows 7. Home Basic, though, which really sucks :/ I wanted the glass transparency and snipping tool. :/

If you are in school Microsoft gives free upgrades to Professional for Windows 7 and Vista. They will also give you a free XP Install Disk

Gindolaras

Reaction score
I hawe windows 7 and its look fantaastic cannet get better windows what 7! Great!

koolmelee17

Reaction score
I love windows 7. It is so much better than xp!!

I started with the beta and fell in love.

jogustafsson13

Reaction score
I first begin to use the beta & i fell in love with Windows 7 beta & then they relished the windows 7 I bought it;)

Rinse4u

Reaction score
I have the 32 bit version. Unfortunately, the Windows 7 32 bit version doesn't support 8GB Ram !! :(

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have the 32 bit version. Unfortunately, the Windows 7 32 bit version doesn't support 8GB Ram !! :(

If you have 8GB of RAM, I would *strongly* suggest getting the 64-bit version of Windows ASAP. You're missing out on over half of your RAM! Big speed boost waiting for you at the other end, though :)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I currently use Windows Vista, and I don't understand what all the fuss was about related to how Windows XP was better. I mean, Vista is awesome and much much much better than XP in my opinion. Not sure if Windows 7 is a worthy upgrade though...

Darkmere

Reaction score
You are a one in a few ... Microsoft said in their dev forums when 7 was being developed that most of their customer base does not like Vista and refused to put it on their computers so they started on the windows 7 project and built it around Windows XP. Which I think was a success because the majority that wouldnt put Vista on their computers willing put 7 on them. And I read somewhere that Windows 7 is the most popular OS on the market right now

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
You are a one in a few ... Microsoft said in their dev forums when 7 was being developed that most of their customer base does not like Vista and refused to put it on their computers so they started on the windows 7 project and built it around Windows XP. Which I think was a success because the majority that wouldnt put Vista on their computers willing put 7 on them. And I read somewhere that Windows 7 is the most popular OS on the market right now

Yeah, I've heard some pretty bad things about Vista, but I think it beats XP at anything.
I actually prefer Mac OS X to Windows, but I still own a Windows computer and do programming stuff on it.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Yeah I like Mac OS when I am tiered of peeps ... Like my mum is a good example, she breaks more computers than anything and cant fully understand them. So I got her a Mac Laptop. It is a lot easier for her to use and understand. She says it reminds her of her Tablet or phone so it works lol

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Lol, yeah I would choose Mac over Windows anytime. I think Mac is easier to use than Windows too :)

zeldaprajihd45

Reaction score
Well MAC OSX is cool but my personal favorite is Xubuntu it has more features including reliability compatibility safety and of course totally open code.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Well MAC OSX is cool but my personal favorite is Xubuntu it has more features including reliability compatibility safety and of course totally open code.

Xubuntu? Wow ... how old is your computer if may be as so bold to ask.

jan.knoblauch60

Reaction score
I think the 32-Bit Version is better than the 64-Bit Version because lots of Programms don't work with the 64-Bit Version of Windows 7.

I'm from Germany and I have already Windows 8 Preview.

Darkmere

Reaction score
I think the 32-Bit Version is better than the 64-Bit Version because lots of Programms don't work with the 64-Bit Version of Windows 7.

I'm from Germany and I have already Windows 8 Preview.

Like what ... I have no problem running any 32 bit software with my 64 bit version