Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Linux (in general)

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mehtab

Reaction score
blong4life said:
Ya but if you want cPanel as pf right now you need linux or *bsd..so most people get linux or *bsd web servers. If its a domain server or file server use windows;)

I use it as windows xp lol :biggrin:

I have downloaded hell lot programs on it>....:)

mehtab

Reaction score
mehtab said:
I use it as windows xp lol :biggrin:

I have downloaded hell lot programs on it>....:)

Plesk works realy good on it. I like plesk looks neat and easy to configure.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
mehtab said:
Plesk works realy good on it. I like plesk looks neat and easy to configure.

Ya but if I got any control panel for windows it would prob to ZPanel because its free but not untill version 3 comes out.

Cubeform

Reaction score
mehtab said:
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise rules over Mac OSX and linux as its easy to operate and have tools required to run business.:drool:

Windows Server 2003 is expensive. And it only has IIS 6 as a "tool required to run business". And it's expensive.

If I run a Windows server, it'd be on Apache.

monky91 said:
I use windows frequently, I too love MAC but it is expensive.
That may not be true anymore. For example, Apple's Mac Pro is $1000 cheaper than the equivalent Dell. But I think it's still true for everything else. And what's wrong with buying a Mac and putting Windows on it? ;)

Also: a pet peeve of mine is people who put the word "Mac" in caps.

Last edited:

Aredacy

Reaction score
I use wondows. For some reason all the macs freeze on me every time. Now i use 3 windows Xp pros

EsotericSociety

Reaction score
I have never used Linux but I have had to use both Windows and OSX. Out of those two, Windows is definitely the best, it is much more logical in it's layout and how things are set up.

waster

Reaction score
always i use windows.. because it's easy and i can find anything i need in it

Joker Boy

Reaction score
EsotericSociety said:
I have never used Linux but I have had to use both Windows and OSX. Out of those two, Windows is definitely the best, it is much more logical in it's layout and how things are set up.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I have never used Linux either, I thought that Linux was like apache, it was a server :nuts:. Now I learn its a computer type? Well, I've used Mac OSX Tiger and Windows XP and Windows 98 and Windows 2000, I found I like Windows more. XP to be specific.

waster

Reaction score
the bad thinks with Windows or Microsoft product, is .. when they produce a software like windows they put virust within.. then tell ppl to update it.. and ask them to protuct their pc by new programs with costs..

and another thing.. windows kills the memory and need large space on hardisk.. i don't know when will Windows Vista done.. but i think perhaps solve that problems..

Mircosoft Built Win95 for P1, Win98 for P2, Winme for P3, WinXp for P4, WinVista"Long Horn" for Centrino... this is my thought

Energritz

Reaction score
I've Used all platforms, Except ones not quoted.
Linux ive used for hosting Websites and Some Game servers.
Winxp i use everyday, mainly windows for its compadiblity to work with almost any hardware and its huge software market.
Mac i used for Photoshop editing and Sound studios.

MaTe1968

Reaction score
I use only Windows for eat (because i work fixing computes with windows on it ) and Linux for get knowledge (the best way to learn systems)

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Vista is garbage, requiers 1028mb ram min specs. I have the min and still get "runtime error 7, ran out of memory".

Windows is a memory hog, graphix and ram. I would rather use linux on my top but am restricted to Vista.

So far out of 80 people that have viewd my sig, all have been using windows and mostly Internet Exploder version 7.

*Face

Reaction score
I am personally using Vista on this machine right now, because Windows has a ton of applications and games available, much more than something like Linux or OS X. I prefer Linux (Debian et al) as an OS though. It's just much more convenient - you have things like compilers/interpreted ready to be run from the commandline without needing to install stuff yourself. It's also got Synaptic, which is awesome.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I still think that the cons out weigh the pros... !

A gig of ram should be enough to do almost anything except Video editing....

I mean I got a xp server running on 512mb and it still faster than my top with a gig and vista !

intheclutch

Reaction score
I've used all three at school, and my biggest problem with Linux is that when you boot it up, it can take a long time to get ready. Once I figured out the whole terminal system with Linux I was good.

I like Windows the most, but I'll use Linux and OS X as well.