x10 Hosting Forum Cannot Login with Opera or Chrome in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

stgeorge

Reaction score
I have had an inactivity e-mail stating that I have not logged into Forum for 32 days.
This is because the x10Hosting Forum does not function with the Opera or Chrome Browsers in Ubuntu Linux.
Is someone going to fix this as it means that I can only to Login with a Windows OS using Firefox.
Did no-one not check the Forum for Cross Browser and OS Compatibility prior to templating it.?
Also my Login Username and Password always fail ecen though I know they are correct.
The only way I can get into the Forum is to go to:
https://x10hosting.com/control/
then select the Forum Link.

It would be nice to see these issues fixed!:rolleyes:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello. I do not understand why you are unable to login on Chrome Ubuntu. Does the login box actually appear; because I have that problem on the iPad (because the screen is smaller probably)?

Your login username is different from the ones you use in the x10Hosting Control area. To find out what your username is, login to the control area and look at the bubble on the right hand side. It should say 'Forum Account' and then underneath it should say 'Hosting Account'. Next to 'Forum Account' is your forum username.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had an inactivity e-mail stating that I have not logged into Forum for 32 days.
This is because the x10Hosting Forum does not function with the Opera or Chrome Browsers in Ubuntu Linux.
Is someone going to fix this as it means that I can only to Login with a Windows OS using Firefox.
Did no-one not check the Forum for Cross Browser and OS Compatibility prior to templating it.?
Also my Login Username and Password always fail ecen though I know they are correct.
The only way I can get into the Forum is to go to:
https://x10hosting.com/control/
then select the Forum Link.

It would be nice to see these issues fixed!:rolleyes:

It is known and the proper administrators have been notified. It seem to be an issue with the theme we use on the forums, and some custom made changes. The issue did appear under the past couple weeks, quiet a while after the theme was installed, not sure if there were any updates done in between though.

Last edited:

matheiusb38

Reaction score
I have been suspended too, because i couldnt figure out how to login

i finally managed to do so by replying to a post, then i got redirected to a login form...

tried to find a login button/form in both IE9 and FF6

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I was having this same issue the Ubuntu / Chrome combination for several weeks but discovered today that the issue seems to have been rectified, at least for me.
- Carl

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
a work-a-round for the forum log-in error

log-in to the AMP at https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php

click on [ >>Visit ] in yellow box top right hand side

should log you into the forum

===============================
my error is...

goto http://x10hosting.com/forums/feedback-suggestions/

see screen like this - not always the same - note no place to log-in

==>
forum_login_error_01.png
<==

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Jake is working on a fix for this, unfortunately his computer died yesterday so it's been set back a day or two.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
This isn't just Linux... This issue also occurred to me on Windows, Mac, and SB... All on Chrome of course...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I can see the login box on Windows-Chrome fine.
I can also see the login box on Mac-Safari fine.

theone48

Reaction score
Cheers to Jake for working on the issue, let's hope soon he gets his workhorse up and running again! So far I'm able to login fine, but I'm not using Chrome or Opera. I really don't see what those other browsers have that IE doesn't.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Once I had downloaded Google Chrome I never looked back at Internet Explorer. The speed and customization of the browser is amazing, plus it is compatible with lots more websites than Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer doesn't interpret CSS as well as other browsers, making IE "a developers worst nightmare". Google Chrome is my favourite, since it is so compact and sleek: it's just perfect.

On Chrome, there are useful little features that make a big difference. For example, the tabs are built into the window to reduce space, all the tools you'll need is on one toolbar and under one toolbar (you're not cluttered with a bunch of settings that you've no idea what they do) with a handy adjustable little bookmarks bar. On Chrome I don't have a messy status bar at the bottom: When a page is loading or busy, a tiny little bubble appears in the bottom left corner telling me what it's doing. Whenever I try to download something, a little bar slides from the bottom asking me whether I want to save or cancel. When I have saved, I can see a stream of all my recently downloaded items on, and it closes itself when I have opened all of them. I think it's the best browser ever!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I think x10powered.com is the domain used to run the little extras of x10Hosting, such as the Error Pages we see on our own sites.

This login box issue is a weird problem, but hopefully the x10 guys can fix it :biggrin:

Last edited:

theone48

Reaction score
Dead-i,

Thanks for that explanation of Google Chrome. You've expounded it so eloquently, I've just got to give it a try. I'll let you know how I find it.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Ha ha, thanks :) I just think that Google Chrome is way better than IE. xD

ldogaming43

Reaction score
I'm confused. I've been sent here for info as an answer to my question here:
http://x10hosting.com/forums/introductions/169196-hi-all-yall.html

But i don't see the connection between this and my problem. My main domain is running fine, and the site on it as well.. It's just when we use the sub domain, onto which we've installed the forum that we run into a server busy error.

this one to be exact:
503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

Can anyone please explain... How is this related?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm confused. I've been sent here for info as an answer to my question here:
http://x10hosting.com/forums/introductions/169196-hi-all-yall.html

But i don't see the connection between this and my problem. My main domain is running fine, and the site on it as well.. It's just when we use the sub domain, onto which we've installed the forum that we run into a server busy error.

this one to be exact:

Can anyone please explain... How is this related?

It's not related to your problem. You were mistakenly referred here by what looks like a misunderstanding. For free hosting support requests, please make a support thread here: http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/

magicstruck44

Reaction score
IE9 on win7 also have some rendering problem with this forum...

eaqd0o.png

however if you turn on compatibility mode it works fine...

theone48

Reaction score
My bad. Apologies Ido, this was the closest thing I could think of to your issue; thought perhaps it was related. Thanks to calistoy for clearing up. Hope everything works out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.