360 vs. ps3

krysber

Reaction score
I had both a PS3 and 360... and ended up keeping the PS3... mine has full PS1/PS2 B/W compatibility, I love that I can pop movies on its HDD to watch, an option for linux to mess around with, free online multi-player, wireless included and rechargeable controller.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I would go for xbox 360, because less lag in the online thing (I never experienced any sort of lag), and I like the games etc.

Clinton

Reaction score
Re: PS3 vs Xbox 360

It doesn't look like you read what I said. A no-lemon policy is when they replace it after repetitive fixing, instead of just always replacing or fixing it.

No. Different configurations for different TVs and such.

But most gaming sites are!

So? That's not helping us decide which one is better...

:dunno: There is no better, it's all about personal preference

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Re: PS3 vs Xbox 360

I know this is not in the crossfire spirit, but I like to simplify it down to better games, or better console. I don't want to pick holes, find minor flaws. In general, the PS3 is a better console, and the Xbox 360 has the most popular, and largest quantity of games. Also, the DOA rate and worse parts of the Xbox 360 does make me turn my head. Anyway, it very much depends on what the game is demanding of the console, because the PS3 will not make one of it's worse games fly, or will the Xbox make one of it's best games run smoothly. Of coarse, it all depends on what you want out of a console, but my vote is with the PS3, which I believe has a much better gaming experience, with it's limited games ;)

PS: Since it is a matter of preference, a poll would have been great here...

Last edited:

NaHoW

Reaction score
I would go for the ps 3 because it supports bluray. If you need to buy a blu ray player in the store it will cost you more then a ps3. And ps3 has much better grachics. However xbox360 isn't bad either.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Merged PS3 vs 360 topics into one

skai123

Reaction score
PS3 looks so much sleeker too, lol

360 is anorexic and faints a lot. lol

If you look at the games out now/this fall, it is pretty much even right now. But i would have to give the edge to the PS3.

I think there are more RPGs on the 360 right now. But that will change in a year or so.

xPlozion

Reaction score
meh, i'd rather pay for my online than have something free but worse. my friend has played games on the ps3 and said that the multiplayer community was just horrible, much worse than xbox. also, i've read that you have to go out to the xmb to view your friendslist. that is just absurd if that's still how they have it today. The online experience is just more streamlined and organized on the 360 than the ps3 imo, and with the new _exprience_ coming this 19th, it's gonna get better with netflix streaming and more.

For games that are on both the 360 and the xbox, the xbox wins hands down. The Orange Box for the PS3 has serious frame rate problems, Rainbow Six Vegas is buggy on PS3 whereas it's great on the xbox. On the other hand though, another friend says he prefers cod4 on the ps3, but never said why.

sure, the playstation has blu-ray, but on the other hand, if blu-ray lost the hd battle, and hd-dvd won, then the playstation would be useless for movies. also, to date, no developer has taken full advantage of the hardware on the ps3 and occasionally, they take longer to develop on the ps3 than the xbox, although as time goes on, developing times reduce... (the only exception is ff13, since they developed on the ps3 and are porting it to the xbox.

w/e, there's what i'm saying. and btw, xbox for me :D

skai123

Reaction score
meh, i'd rather pay for my online than have something free but worse. my friend has played games on the ps3 and said that the multiplayer community was just horrible, much worse than xbox.

For games that are on both the 360 and the xbox, the xbox wins hands down. The Orange Box for the PS3 has serious frame rate problems, Rainbow Six Vegas is buggy on PS3 whereas it's great on the xbox. On the other hand though, another friend says he prefers cod4 on the ps3, but never said why.

so if one for your friends says they prefer a game on ps3, you say they didnt say why. But when one of ur friends says ps3 is multiplayer comunity was "just horrible, much wrose than xbox" they/you don't/didn't provide a "why"? You agree to it?

For games on the PS3, PS2, the PS wins hands down

Orange Box had problem because EA was the one that ported it and they were terrible at programing for PS3. But now they are getting better. ie Mirror's Edge

xPlozion

Reaction score
For games that are on both the 360 and the xbox, the xbox wins hands down
oops, typo xD. meant to say 360 and ps3

my friend that didn't like the playstation community didn't like it because he said that the people he was playing with were very disrespectful and immature, and just loud-mouths in general. it could have been a select instance, but he said he was playing it for a few hours.

when it comes down to it though, a large part of it comes down to the games selection.

playstation recently came out with resistance 2 and little big planet, while xbox just came out with Gears of War 2, which is speculated to have a third, fable 2 (well, not a great example :D) and banjo-kazooie

if you've got the money though, as far as fps's go, pc wins hands down. cod is much better on the pc than it's console counterparts, as are many of other games. included are free maps (if there's a demand for it), patches, etc. it's just dominant for gaming.

Last edited:

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Orange Box had problem because EA was the one that ported it and they were terrible at programing for PS3. But now they are getting better. ie Mirror's Edge

Mirror's Edge was completely developed by DICE. Little to no involvement from EA except from money. EA are still a terrible publisher.

skai123

Reaction score
oops, typo xD. meant to say 360 and ps3

my friend that didn't like the playstation community didn't like it because he said that the people he was playing with were very disrespectful and immature, and just loud-mouths in general. it could have been a select instance, but he said he was playing it for a few hours.

That sounds more to me like the 360 community...
Edit:
Mirror's Edge was completely developed by DICE. Little to no involvement from EA except from money. EA are still a terrible publisher.

Ya, but i was just giving an example, lol. but they are getting better at dev. for ps3.

Last edited:

MuRRe

Reaction score
I find this discussion everywhere, and it does interest me.
I'm lucky, I own a PS3 myself and my brother has the Xbox360!!

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
Console wars are always crazy, and the fact is, it's all opinion. I <3 my Wii yet a lot of people think it's a kiddy system and is going nowhere. I think Playstation is worth every penny, 360 is great for hardcore gamers and FPS lovers. I think every system is unique in its own way.

brayden13

Reaction score
Xbox 360 rocks, it's good because it's cheaper than PS3, but doesn't have the same processing power but was the first console in this generation. I'm a FPS lover so it's the right console for me.