403 Forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

asasin

Reaction score
Hi i have a site running oxwall community software and this site has been active a while however recently (past week or so) every time i try to add a video using the oxwall embed video feature i get

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /video/add/index/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

i contacted oxwall and they have said contact the hosting

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi asasin,

The hosting account associated with the forum account "asasin" appears to be on x10Premium's hosting. Is this an x10Premium account? If so, please open a ticket there instead, and I'm sure a member of our x10Premium support team will be willing to help. ;)

https://clients.x10hosting.com/

Thank you,

asasin

Reaction score
hi no i used to have premium but went back to free hosting

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

In that case, please could I have your free hosting account's cPanel username, or something I can use to identify your account. :)

Thank you,

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please could you provide a full URL to the page that is throwing this error message? :)

Thank you,

asasin

Reaction score
you wont be able to view the page because of how the software works only registered members of the site can see it

asasin

Reaction score
hi i have searched a few forums and a lot of people are saying it is because of mod_security and that it needs to be disabled

asasin

Reaction score
i have seeked help from oxwall community software and they have said i need to ask you to disable mod_security

caftpx10

Reaction score
There was this .htaccess code posted in the forum in some thread. A simple search or scroll should get you there. Not sure if it would work for this situation.
I doubt mod_security would get removed as it's there for well.. security.

Last edited:

asasin

Reaction score
i did try the code and it just throws a 500 internal error

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi asasin,

I can't see any recent blocks by ModSecurity on your account, suggesting that this may not be an issue with mod_security. Are your file permissions correct? :)

Just to clarify, we do not allow for accounts to individually disable mod_security at this time. We are tweaking mod_security's rules, however, if some are a bit strict. ;)

Thank you,

asasin

Reaction score
all the permissions were fine and my site worked perfect until the security stuff were added a week or so ago since then i cant use the features on my site and in the community forum for oxwall there are loads of people saying it is because of this issue

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
Looks like mod_security? is not allowing iframes to be posted...

I was testing my own anti spam script and I get the same deal as you when mentioning the little blue pill on a test post.

asasin

Reaction score
a lot of ex x10hosting customers usig oxwall have had to change hosts and i dont want to do that because i like x10 but may have it if i cant find a solution :(

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking into this. The 403 error is due to mod_security blocking iframe html tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.