Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Option 3

Votes: 190 83.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

archer282

Reaction score
sometime before christmas, i will have to present my web-site for the final grade in my web-design class... so... option 1 or 3 would be best for me,

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
i think option 3 is great, and i say we make it choppy... people should back up there stuff or ask staff to do it for them and then clean it out within a week... its been a long time and i think everyone wants to see the free hosting back up to the normal standards! :)

that wasnt a complaint or anything... just some thoughts...

mikel2k3

Reaction score
maybe im an idiot but how i get a ticket? lol
im liking option 3, also means less effort on my behalf

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I like option 1 and 3. But Option 3 is much more better. I have already put in a support ticket for it! I hope all goes well!

mattspec

Reaction score
whoot dark, i agree with this, most people dont go on vacation for longer than a week and if ppl are active on the forums, they wouldnt have a problem, so i agree with a week! that would be awsome

BlitzStrike

Reaction score
yesh! finally, we wont have to be wasting our time waiting for the inactive accounts to be restored! thnx corey!

blkdrgn8705

Reaction score
Well.. 1 is good if i could get to my account.. all i really need to do is backup tables..

Reaction score
Crap, I'm so lazy lol. I've been saying to myself to keep going with the site, cept i really don't know much of C-Panel. I am getting a friend to help so yeah, option three would be nice, Not like i wanted to waste your space, sorry if i did, but for the time being it's hard to know what to do. Hopefully i can keep mine...

fredgeot

Reaction score
Will people be able to register accounts after the wipe from Option 3? Just want to know so I could come on as early as possible to register one :)

Album

Reaction score
haqzombie said:
I say wipe it...let everyone start over from scratch.

That wouldn't be fair.
Some members have really intricate sites that are very high maintainance. It probably wouldnt matter as much to the newbies, but some sites have been up for quite some time so you can probably guess how the owners would feel if they found out all their hard work was gone.

samtong

Reaction score
I think we all have to understand that this is a free hosting and in the TOS, unforseen circumstances have been covered and that the host is not responsible. Corey and his team are doing their best for the rest of us who work hard to make good websites.

To say that 80% is just unused. WOW. All that junk taking up space!

Can the team just run a check and then delete those with none or low bandwidth usage instead of just whacking all accounts?

*edit*
When we sign up there is a cofirmation email sent. Can x10 use that email to warn everyone about the "impending" wipe out? :)

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Album said:
haqzombie said:
I say wipe it...let everyone start over from scratch.

That wouldn't be fair.
Some members have really intricate sites that are very high maintainance. It probably wouldnt matter as much to the newbies, but some sites have been up for quite some time so you can probably guess how the owners would feel if they found out all their hard work was gone.
This is why you connect with your FTP and download it all back it up.. soo that when we wipe the server you have all your work.

If we wipe it...

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If your site isn't working try using http://70.86.136.178:2082 to login to cPanel. It's apache that has been crashing now the cpserv.

I wish there was an easy way to 'sort' the accounts and remove them, because there are so many ANY account functions take minutes to perform. So to terminate one account can sometimes take over 4 minutes. Not times that by 3000 accounts :). That is why it's been taking so long in the first place, we've been sorting through them.

Looks like it's going to be option 3, I'll post an official announcement on this when I can.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.