Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Sort of

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Would like to

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

techmunchies

Reaction score
I am Cuban, born in Hialeah (who else born there?), but I also speak English well. Though, I'm pretty sure my English has now passed my Spanish in fluency. :)

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Whoa. o_O

Do you have parents of two different nationalities?
Must have 4 parents then... :p

It's actually more important to have lived in a country to learn a language, ideally each parent teaches you one different language, giving two, then you keep moving between another two countries, meaning you can learn four languages fluently. I only got three by that means, but learned swiss german (only a dialect, but still quite different to normal german) as well.

felabria

Reaction score
Actually i ''can'' speak three language's english, my home language dutch, and a little bit france
I speak the most my home language because everyone in my country uses it. Dutch is the 3th hard language in the world(arabic 1st place i know, second is japanese)

Danielx386

Reaction score
My main lang is English.

I can't speak a different lang because quite frankly, english is my second lang.
Thus why some of my post are poorly worded sometime.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Born in Europe, a country near Albania, known as Macedonia, I am a bi-linguistic person.

I have been speaking English, since I was 6 years old, and was also speaking Albanian, since before my youngest memorable moment.

I speak both languages, excellently, without any accent, or whatever you want to call it. I like speaking 2 languages, it makes pissing some people off, a lot more fun, and interesting...hehe...example...

I remember I called one of my high school teachers a "ruspe" it sounds different when you say it in albanian, but I told the teacher it meant, benevolent in albanian, it in fact means, wh$%e....well, I use my native countries language to either, make fun of some people....or praise and flirt with another group of people (woman, with a rank of lets say 8.5 to 10, on a scale of 1 to 10).

Hope this post told you more about myself. :) I know I had fun :/ reading the above posts hehe.

Last edited:

seosamh

Reaction score
I've studied Latin, Greek, French, Spanish, Irish, and Russian. I can converse in Irish. If I have an opportunity to practice it again, I would be able to converse in Spanish again.

I'm almost fluent in English as well.

wolflock

Reaction score
Whoa. o_O

Do you have parents of two different nationalities?

LOL> Nope. But it helps coming from a country with 11 official languages. South Africa. Plus I travel the world with my magic, so I get to learn a lot from the different places I visit.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
LOL> Nope. But it helps coming from a country with 11 official languages. South Africa. Plus I travel the world with my magic, so I get to learn a lot from the different places I visit.

Wow, I didn't know that South Africans were able to speak so many different languages.

What language do they normally use in a public setting?

wolflock

Reaction score
Depends on your race. The Black Africans (What else can we all them. We are Africans too, just white ones. :) ) Normally Speak Zulu, Sotho, Xhosa. Those are the most common three.

For white Africans it is English and Afrikaans (an offstem of Dutch). Those are the common 2.

For myself - My first language is English but I speak the above languages too.

ameo02

Reaction score
I must speak other language, if I didn't you wouldn't understand a word I said. :lol:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Swedish is my main language. English is second.

I also understand and can talk Hungarian (Not grammatical correct tho).

I understand Norwegian, as it's almost the same as Swedish imo, and they understand me (I think). I also do understand danish a bit, but not too much xD.

Also I do understand some German and Dutch too

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
My main language is Serbian but Croatian is almost the same language (it was once) so I can say I know Croatian too. It's the same for all ex-Yugoslavia countries (a bit complicated to explain :biggrin:).

Apart from that I know English (obviously :)) and that's it.

I'm trying to learn Japanese but I haven't had any luck finding a teacher.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
My main language is Serbian but Croatian is almost the same language (it was once) so I can say I know Croatian too. It's the same for all ex-Yugoslavia countries (a bit complicated to explain :biggrin:).
I can mostly understand Slovakian (when spoken) as well because of my Polish. Croatian is a bit more complicated for me though, and I only understand bits of it.

naerey

Reaction score
I'm Russian born, so I speak it but am not too good at writing (never been to school). +1
Living in Italy, I do speak Italian fluently, as well as English. +1 +1
I'm currently learning some french by myself (Michael Thomas rox!). +0.3
Also speak some Spanish because of friends.. +0.4

That's about.. 3.7 languages? ^^

On my languages to learn there's Japanese. I already have started learning some of it, but studying by oneself it's hard :(
Maybe at university I'll have more luck ^^

srikri

Reaction score
I speak English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil and bit of French and Sanskrit. I would like to learn more languages. I can read more languages than I can speak.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I speak english as my main language (obviously) but am learning German at the moment. :)

felabria

Reaction score
ah... i can speak english 90%(some sorting,language problems) my home language is Dutch(4th worlds hardest language to learn as 2nd :p) I like to learn france as my 3rd language( im learning at school). I also like swedish language.