Facebook deems X10Hosting Community links unsafe

emjmeex1

Reaction score
Wanna see something funny? Screenshot_2014-05-11-15-30-31.png Facebook deem the x10 Hosting Community URL as unsafe. Well I well and truly chuckled at that.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We're well aware of that, and i have contacted them a few times about it as well.
I believe it all comes from when we allowed free users to signup for a subdomain of x10hosting.com, too much abuse caused the domain to get blocked (we've seen a few facebook phishing pages over the years for instance, all shut down as quick as possible of course). It is also possible that at that time someone actually used that specific subdomain on free hosting with illegal content.

wwinter

Reaction score
Facebook has always been ultra careful, but nevermind......Facebook will go the way of the dinosaur when the next innovative social media comes into play. Nothing lasts forever, and that includes everything on the internet. I've seen so many social media platforms bite the dust.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Facebook has always been ultra careful, but nevermind......Facebook will go the way of the dinosaur when the next innovative social media comes into play. Nothing lasts forever, and that includes everything on the internet. I've seen so many social media platforms bite the dust.
Except x10Hosting. x10Hosting will never die!

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've long considering Facebook to be unsafe, so here's to a delicious dose of irony that is so good for the blood. :rofl:

interne3

Reaction score
If you look closely, that is x10hosting.com, not one of the subdomains. How would the actual website get blocked?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If you look closely, that is x10hosting.com, not one of the subdomains. How would the actual website get blocked?
We used to provide user subdomains under the x10hosting.com domain name, similar to how we now do x10host.com/x10.mx/x10.bz. If memory serves this has been blocked with them for some time :(

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, it's true. We've tried asking them to delist it, explaining that it's impossible for unsafe links to come from .x10hosting.com subdomains. :(

thehave3

Reaction score
FB is a TRAP
Did any of you know Mark Zuckerberg (The Guy Who Made Facebook) is a ex-cia agent & FB is a government funded program to observe & monitor people. FBI Uses Facebook to find criminals, drug dealers, pedos, abusive people. The government also owns instagram as well. The government is invading our privacy & this

I would love to get a bunch of web developers together

caftpx10

Reaction score
FB is a TRAP
Did any of you know Mark Zuckerberg (The Guy Who Made Facebook) is a ex-cia agent & FB is a government funded program to observe & monitor people. FBI Uses Facebook to find criminals, drug dealers, pedos, abusive people. The government also owns instagram as well. The government is invading our privacy & this

I would love to get a bunch of web developers together
Unfortunately, these days it's all about the money and curiousity *cough* stalkers *cough*. When we post stuff online to the public, we have to be aware that ANYONE can see what we post. The FBI or whoever likes to look around at things deeper than the posts posted to the public, like IP addresses and possible see what you've sent to certain individuals.

thehave3

Reaction score
This all violates our right to privacy which the country does not care about. I wish I could establish a group of developers & create our own private haven, cell phones that are smart phones but function like basic phones without all the tracking. A site which you just login under your username not merging all accounts with FB or twitter. Just something plain. A lot of people would flock over to this network as if it were like we released the cure for cancer.

caftpx10

Reaction score
This all violates our right to privacy which the country does not care about. I wish I could establish a group of developers & create our own private haven, cell phones that are smart phones but function like basic phones without all the tracking. A site which you just login under your username not merging all accounts with FB or twitter. Just something plain. A lot of people would flock over to this network as if it were like we released the cure for cancer.
I'm updating my social networking site but I don't think if would be easy to maintain because of the space and the bandwidth (98GB ain't enough) and the hosting costs almost £15 when you can get much more for much cheaper (like unlimited/unmetered both and more). My card doesn't work with US merchants so boo-hoo. :/

Anyway, I'm not wanting to use it for stalking people. It only stores IPs for security reasons.

There are many out there which offer different things without the FBI peaking into everything but it isn't the same.

thehave3

Reaction score
Caftpx10 whats your site link I would like to check it out. If its like how myspace originally was your site will boom with hits.

rrrobert

Reaction score
It is not just community.x10hosting.com. For some time I was using Zymic as a free host, tried to put my home page (rrroberts.zxq.net) into my FB profile, received a similar message (that was well over a year ago). Perhaps simply FB sees free web hosters as competition?

redoakranch

Prime Account
Reaction score
@thehave3 and anyone else interested in a more secure cellphone solution: check out Blackphone, at httpsCOLON//wwwDOTblackphoneDOTch/ Gotta a friend, retired Team guy, who's deep into the project and calls it true. I believe him; I'd jump out of a plane with that dude (how's that for trust, lol).

You could Google blackphone as well, just do it in a private browser session. ;0D

wwinter

Reaction score
Facebook is going Facebook At Work........taking on LinkedIn..........