• FrontPage

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Dreamweaver

Votes: 85 89.5%

• Total voters

Cliff Dude

Reaction score
Notepad for small edits or small pages.

VS Web Developer 2005 for large web projects.

I only use it for the tag highlighting.

spc-engineers

Reaction score
Both are great. Dreamweaver should be top, however the layout and gui suck. Microsoft also has a successor to frontpage which works well too.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Dreamweaver is definitely the best! I have never used frontpage, but I suggest Dreamweaver over any text editor mostly for it's color coded text, design preview of your site and XHTML Validator. Dreamweaver is extreamly complicated for the new user and I don't suggest using it until you thoroughly understand webdesign.

tcmstr134

Reaction score
i use dreamweaver. i crossover to frontpage just for the server extensions if i feel like it would be easier than FTP. but dreamweaver and notepad++ should get you far.

dwd2000

Reaction score
Sorry, but I didn't vote. I don't use anything like that any more. I'm strictly a Notepad person now. I find it a lot easier in the long run. If anything, I would like to find a simple text editor that can colour code the codes, without all the other bells and whistles.

tittat

Reaction score
i started studying with frontpage,but now dreamweaver is my favourite..

cursedpsp

Reaction score
None of them - notepad ++ is the best - but... If i had used them i wold definitely go for dreamweaver because it supports PHP, ASP, ASP++, CSS, HTML and CGI

Frontpage's code is also very untidy

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I voted dreamweaver, but I've never used it.

Frontpage is RUBBISH, it throws in loads of extra code, and is so un-XHTML strict it doesn't even use a doc-type!

Dreamweaver would have a hard time trying to be worse than frontpage ;)

Jords

Reaction score
I voted for Frontpage but I haven't tried Dreamweaver yet.

kbjradmin

Reaction score
i use neither, but i have tried them both before in a web design class in school, and, if i had to pick one, i would have to go with dreamweaver.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Neither :p

I voted for DW because FP sucks, but I'm happy writing my sites from scratch using gedit, all PHP / HTML / CSS is handwritten.

I've been making my sites this ways since I looked at how bad the markup from GUI editors was, I like knowing that I hand wrote everything.

Sohail

Reaction score
Definitely Dreamweaver, it's much more professional, it has all the features you need and it's needed by every good web designer!

FrontPage is for noobs! ;)

skvasistha

Reaction score
there is no comparison.
frontpage is for intermediates.
dreasmweaver is for experts.

kkenny

Reaction score
Are you sure frontpage is for intermediates? More like beginners with a disgusting learnign curve. Dreamweaver is for everyone and has a good learning curve. The only downfall is it's price. But it's worth the bang for the buck in my opinion (Sounded wrong lol)

Daniel S

Reaction score
I have voted for dreamweaver as frontpage is link you are making a word document to put on a website lol. also it does not have half as many feature as what dreamweaver has.

scottnj

Reaction score
I find frontpage to be good for teaching yourself HTML, but for making really complexed sites, it isn't that good.

kkenny

Reaction score
I find frontpage to be good for teaching yourself HTML, but for making really complexed sites, it isn't that good.

Really? I find Dreamweaver easier to learn HTML, other than using Dreamweaver I find using W3 Schools or any website like that helping me. I don't know how could you use Frontpage to learn HTML because since Internet Explorer has pretty sucky HTML, and I'd expect Frontpage to have the same results

LHVWB

Reaction score
Dreamweaver wins easily, because of the below features.

• Easy to make websites with local and remote folders, by using the site manager, with its file mananger making life easier too.
  • Produces good quality html.
  • Allows you to edit css, javascript and php.
  • Also has an inbuilt library for php functions and other languages as well.
Pity that is costs a fair bit of money though.

Last edited:

zapperpost

Reaction score
Dreamweaver is the better! Even if it wasn't, FrontPage was abandoned in 2003. Have you noticed that when Microsoft Office 2007 came out, Frontpage stayed at 2003? I don't like manually coding, and I'm still learning web languages. Both are WYSIWYG Web Builders, but I prefer Dreamweaver. If I was only worrying about WYSIWYG, then I would only use WYSIWYG Web Builder 5.