Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdatab

Reaction score
Corey, Take your time. We are in no hurry. After all, haste is waste. And thank you very much for all your efforts.

lachicavtv

Reaction score
just a suggestion for nex time becaouse sooner or later it will happen again, maybe testing can be done to prevent this kind of service failiure.

Regards.

manson

Reaction score
This post is for Corey,

Please restore my database back? You said you had my database backed up. I think someone when testing using mysql accidentally deleted it all
right before the server changes.

I' m posting here because you have been so busy helping everyone and haven't had time to reply to private messages.

Keep up the good work and hope to see my site back soon!

X10 member________mansonklan__

Last edited:

victor12345

Reaction score
i'd like to thank you guys for gving me such a great service, my last hosting service didn't even give me Fantasico or cPanel! instead they gave me a bring-your-own-website service and a really hard-to-use control panel called VistaPanel, and there was NO WAY to install any appilcations! good Luck to you guys doing that and i can not wait to see the server back up

Same here, thanks for the great service at x10 (I will never use that poor service now)!

Axe_Swipe

Reaction score
So based on the last update, it could be another 48 hours before they start on stoli?

I really and truly hate to complain, but I could really care less if my site is up or down, I really need to be able to receive email which I haven't been able to for days now :(

adamkrem

Reaction score
This post is for Corey,

Please restore my database back? You said you had my database backed up. I think someone when testing using mysql accidentally deleted it all
right before the server changes.

I' m posting here because you have been so busy helping everyone and haven't had time to reply to private messages.

Keep up the good work and hope to see my site back soon!

X10 member________mansonklan__

dude i'm sorry to say this but yeah it needs said.

This topic Clearly stated by staff not to post support questions in here.

Sorry to say but you are 1 out of thousands of members who need corey's attention right now.

Their extremely busy.

dude what server are you on cause unless you were on the first server they worked on then you really can't complain about the server not working because it most likely won't unless you are one of the lucky few that it for some reason works for even though you aren't suppossed to have it working.

Look you gotta be calm and cool and give it till the end of the week because most likely they will have at least 2 of the servers up then and have one server left. Just looking at their timeline as long as it doesn't have any issues.

I love this host. :lockd::lol:

and to you that diss it :thefinger

CrownVictoriaCop

Reaction score
Thanks guys for finally fixing this. I'm just going to need to edit the mySQL locations for all of my scripts back to localhost from mysql.x10hosting.com, which requires some work in phpBB3 (you actually have to go into the database itself to change it).

times2fxp

Reaction score
kind of hard to read through all this stuff. My only question would be is when will it be back up? Just an idea would be nice as right now. I have no website or account or anything no account, anything

longley

Reaction score
Ok I will Give an estimate, The current server has taken about four days, but that is because they hit ruts. The current server should be back up completely tomorrow sometime, right? The next one should take about three days or so, also will the last one will too. I am not on the x10 crew or anything i am just using logic.

manson

Reaction score
The post I made was between me and Corey he has my site info and knows whats going on while using my site to get everyone else's mysql up and running. I dont need your 2 cents unless you know whats going on with my database you need to butt out!

Mansonklan

Last edited:

Xemnas

Reaction score
The post I made was between me and Corey he has my site info and knows whats going on while using my site to get everyone else's mysql up and running. I dont need your 2 cents unless you know whats going on with my database you need to butt out!

Mansonklan
Let me explain: you are not to post support requests in this thread; if you're worried about your databases having been deleted, wait until your account is up and running again, then ask for them to be restored if needed. In any case, things should be OK for everyone.

Last edited:

scummerz

Reaction score
is there a way i can delete my many unsuspension requests as that was before i read this

Xemnas

Reaction score
Oops, I meant after the maintenance. :pat:

Last edited:

Psoewish

Reaction score
I'm just posting in hopes corey will read this ^^
I have a small tip on what you could say when being asked about ETA's ;)

In case you don't know when, just say something longer than it should take, even when things go very wrong.

That way, people will be happy when it gets done faster (they'll all be like "whoa GJ, seems like you worked hard cause you beat that ETA"), and if you don't make it, well, there are always unforeseen things. Blame those!

All in all, it's better to keep people happy when actually giving an ETA, even if it's more than it should be, than not giving anything at all, cause that leaves ppl guessing, and may cause frustrations, which leads to spam on the forums.

longley

Reaction score
I'm just posting in hopes corey will read this ^^
I have a small tip on what you could say when being asked about ETA's ;)

In case you don't know when, just say something longer than it should take, even when things go very wrong.

That way, people will be happy when it gets done faster (they'll all be like "whoa GJ, seems like you worked hard cause you beat that ETA"), and if you don't make it, well, there are always unforeseen things. Blame those!

All in all, it's better to keep people happy when actually giving an ETA, even if it's more than it should be, than not giving anything at all, cause that leaves ppl guessing, and may cause frustrations, which leads to spam on the forums.

I like that...

martinrativa

Reaction score
hi corey..sorry fot the question but the fact is that I don't know to much english hehe..so...I have to wait while u move or update in order to login ? 'cause I can't do it neither in the cpanel nor in the account...on the cpanel the password does not work and on account it shows a message with a error..and the page does not work..so sorry if is a stupid question..and I'll wait for ur answer...thanks..=)

Status
Not open for further replies.