Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
If you carefully read the post, it says, and i don't want to be rude:

Corey said:
1)...please be patient, I am working as hard as I can on this.

2) Stoli and Cossacks are under extreme maintenance to clean up all inactive accounts and prepare them for the copy over. Once complete Apache and services will be brought back online until it is time to copy them.

3) Do not post support requests here, I will not answer them. Legitimate questions are okay to ask.

So please be patient thing will be solved...

Last edited:

Snikt

Reaction score
Any news on Absolut? Still unable to access account and cpanel there.

gfinlay

Reaction score
I'm sure, like me, many would appreciate a brief update on progress on the first post of this thread if possible, please.
Thanks.
Gordon

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Brief update ;)

I'm just awaiting Slothie to look over the final server configuration before I move accounts back to Absolut. I need to make sure everything is setup correctly and 100% secured\optimized this time. Once he gives me the okay we'll start moving everything back. I'm hoping moving back will go faster!

This will provide a very LARGE performance increase, not a small one. I wouldn't have chosen to do this unless it would benefit everyone over time. I'm also going to see about enabling Ruby. It looks like it's working but I have no accounts on the server to test with!

Note:
I was told someone asked about paid accounts somewhere in this thread. If you buy paid hosting we can still grab your account from the backup server and move it to one of the paid servers, you would not have to wait for the transfers to be done.

-Corey

Last edited:

gfinlay

Reaction score
Corey,
Thank you for the update. Do you see normal service coming back in hours, days, or weeks? For me it doesn't matter, I will wait, but I think it is good to set people's expectations to prevent frustration and dissapointment.
Many thanks
Gordon

drobinson0919

Reaction score
+1 on eta. Just out of curiosity i'm in no rush either.

Thanks to the staff for all the hard work!!!

-Dustin

max1x

Reaction score
My site which is Cossack is back up and I was able to edit is as needed.

THX TO ALL THE ADMINS AND THE DECISION MAKERS ON MAKING THIS HAPPEN :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
ETAs:
Absolut fully restored, Max(Hopefully) 48 hours.
We will start Stoli after we restore Absolut.

It's hard to give ETAs because we keep running into more issues and things that take time. This is also not a common thing so there is no time study or guide to go by.

-Corey

AviNation

Reaction score
ETAs:
Absolut fully restored, Max(Hopefully) 48 hours.
We will start Stoli after we restore Absolut.

It's hard to give ETAs because we keep running into more issues and things that take time. This is also not a common thing so there is no time study or guide to go by.

-Corey

Thanks Corey :)

When you say Absolut is restored - you mean it's fully back up, or you still need to load the backups into it?

lambada

Reaction score
I'm assuming this is why the Account panel isn't retrieving my information and I can't login to cPanel or ftp yet Apache serves my site up fine.

Keep up the good work (y) I don't think i've ever known another company to have such a complex server move to do.

Cycloneflame

Reaction score
Someone asked me why I'll be getting rid of my account because I'm whining about one single downtime. The truth is that I used to use x10 a long time ago, and downtime and high server loads were common and often. I only came here until I could fix an agreement with another host, which I just have. I've already paid, and I'm now just waiting to get my stuff off the server, then I'll be terminating my account and moving-on.

skelter

Reaction score
Any idea about how long will it take for all the updates to be completed ? Some days ? A week ? More ?

Momiji

Reaction score
Thank you very much Corey for keeping us updated like this.

gfinlay

Reaction score
Corey,
Thank you, your estimates are much appreciated. I will drop back in a couple of days. Until then, all the best.

If there is anything I can do to help testing and the like, you have my email please feel free.

Good luck
Gordon

Last edited:

Ant59

Reaction score
Thanks for doing Absolut first ;)

Also, what does the 48 hours mean? Is that roughly when everything will be back to normal on Absolut?

Last edited:

avant5

Reaction score
Hi....just a small request/suggestion.

Could you put dates and/or times along with the progress reports? Just so we know (or for those that NEED to know). Thanx.

edit: I didn't realize there were 22 pages of this thread, and updates were being posted as well as listed in updates on the first post. This is why I shouldn't post before my morning coffee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.