Jealous See

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
"We don't"? So you're admitting it's a cult?
??? I totally miss that. "We" is We linux users. Since when do linux users install .exes??? :nuts:

Plus, why would you want to emulate the Mac UI? If Linux is all about 'freshness', being unique, etc... why would you try to make it like something else?
Because I'm having fun with linux! That something you can never do with windos. :D

I don't understand. I'd rather spend time down the rifle range or up in the sky than farting around trying to get Linux to ... demolecularise a cupcake. Or whatever it is the zen-r thing does. I'm sure our very own forum member 'zen-r' can do that.
Wouldn't we all like to spend more time shattering pigeons, but quite frankly, I've got work to do, that takes precedence over play. And no, I'm not demolecularising cupcakes either. I'll leave that kind of foolery to someone else. :biggrin:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Have I started something o_O

Quite clearly, it is 4 to 1. All your responses are sarcastic retorts that don't answer the question. You people should realy have dropped the thread once you heard where my arguments were going :biggrin:

Don't be happy ichwar that you have a stalemate by replying to everything with a sophisticated version of 'your mom'.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Come, come now Twinkie.

You can't seriously be trying to take all the credit for pieing ichwar?!

Take a look back to the start of the thread, & see who has consistently been hurling pie in his direction right from the start!

The fact that ichwar can't string a coherent argument together, & resorts to pointless Windows name-calling just helps to emphasise how much more sense our structured & logic-based reasoning actually makes. Unfortunately, his approach comes as no surprise to me, based on ichwar's similar lack of reasoning in certain other threads which shall remain nameless.

That said, we shouldn't disallow ichwar his (delusional) fun. We can remain smug in the knowledge that we have him pwned!

Anyone for pie? ;)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Sure, why not. That's the code to install stuff on linux. We don't download .exes or that kind of stuff, we just do apt-get install <package name>!

apt-get is for losers. learn how to compile stuff or go home.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
??? I totally miss that. "We" is We linux users. Since when do linux users install .exes??? :nuts:
In Wine. Plus, I have Linux on my router. I do not want to be associated with zealots such as yourself.

Because I'm having fun with linux! That something you can never do with windos. [...] I've got work to do, that takes precedence over play.
So you're 'having fun with linux' but you don't have time to play because work takes precedence? Aww c'mon, you're contradicting yourself now! And you still can't spell Windows. Come on, now. W-i-n-d-o-w-s.

Plus, since when have you had work to do...? Don't lie now. Apart from having to eat all that humble pie, of course...

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
apt-get is for losers. learn how to compile stuff or go home.
I've got yum and yast2 installed also. Why ever would I want to go through the entire trouble of compiling something when it's precompiled in the repositories just sitting there waiting for me to install it???
Edit:
So you're 'having fun with linux' but you don't have time to play because work takes precedence? Aww c'mon, you're contradicting yourself now! And you still can't spell Windows. Come on, now. W-i-n-d-o-w-s.
Are you telling me you've never experience fun while working? Is ever task you do just drudgery? You have a sad life...

Plus, since when have you had work to do...? Don't lie now. Apart from having to eat all that humble pie, of course...
I just came home from a recording session early this morning, and I'll be spending the rest of the day fixing up the sound track. I spend all yesterday coding and will probably spend most of tomorrow writing and weeding the garden. Does that not sound like work???

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Apologies. You do not come across as old enough to even know what a garden is.

And no, if you could actually read, it's you who says you don't have time to have fun because your work (job? coding in spare time for fun does not count as work...) takes precedence, and yet you have time to 'play with linux'. This imples that you're having fun outside work. Plus, I did not once mention that every task I do is boring.

You lead a sad life, preaching this much about Linux. It's comical. And this will be my last post here. To be honest, I'm growing bored of you and it.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Apologies. You do not come across as old enough to even know what a garden is.
Then you'll just have to take my word for it then! :p

And no, if you could actually read, it's you who says you don't have time to have fun because your work (job? coding in spare time for fun does not count as work...) takes precedence, and yet you have time to 'play with linux'. This imples that you're having fun outside work.
It implies that I enjoy my work. Nothing more, nothing less.

You lead a sad life, preaching this much about Linux. It's comical. And this will be my last post here. To be honest, I'm growing bored of you and it.
It seems to me that you lead a sad life hammering people who see how good Linux is. Why not do something more productive like getting out and preaching a bit about the features of winDos?! :hahano:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
It seems to me that you lead a sad life hammering people who see how good Linux is. Why not do something more productive like getting out and preaching a bit about the features of winDos?! :hahano:

Sharky isn't a priest.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
damm you vigge, I can't install PS on vista home premium... and my computer won't enable dual OS so I can't have Linux alongside.

Rithy58

Reaction score
I have all OS.

I own a MacBook Air, a dedicated computer acted as a server, a gaming desktop and a laptop(it's actually my dad's).

MacBook Air use...well what else :p. I use it mainly for traveling and show off.
Server have both Window Server 2008 and Ubuntu Desktop(I don't know how to use command line >.< )
Gaming Desktop have XP Pro but recently installed Vista Premium.
Laptop have Window Vista Home Basic and going to upgrade to Window 7.

I don't choose OS base on their look but their performance. But recently Linux is much much more stable than Window and it even look a lot better.

If a lot of games are made for Linux, I would install Linux on all my computer.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
ichwar: Are you running Ubuntu?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it comes with windows update
There is a download package on the MS website.
No, you need to download it, and it's for the Pro/Business versions only from what I can read.
Excatly that's my point! I have home premium... I could upgrade to Ultimate, but it's either lose the authenticity of windows or pay to get an upgrade package and I don't want to do either of those.
Wow, winDos is rather troublesome, now isn't it?
My version is very troublesome. I lost my installation CD (actually I think it's in a box somewhere in my basement) and SP1 won't install.