McCAIN Vs. Obama

Who will be the next american president?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I hate both of them. I my simplest terms, Obama is full of himself and McCain is the extension of bush. I wish Hillary have won the primary's.
But, the majority America does not want the war anymore, so I think Obama will win by a close call.

Banks, oil companies and huge, well known corporations are becoming bankrupt due to the bad economy. Billions of dollars is being sent to war making our deficit grow larger. It is no longer an option to quit the war, but the only way out.

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I will vote Obama but I still think he should of chosen Hillary to get more votes.

kkenny

Reaction score
I'm now for any person who opposes OffShore Drilling. And as of this moment, it's Obama.

c00ster

Reaction score
I believe Obama will win, but I need to highlight the fact that I think both candidates are a pathetic excuse for presidency.

The only reason I am voting McCain is because I question Obama's ability to deliver his numerous promises. I believe that McCain's energy policy is more extensive than Obama, who recently flip flopped on the issue regarding oil drilling. Additionally, under Obama's "tax relief" plan, the taxes my family will pay will increase (~30% of senior citizens/retirees will have a tax increase - http://factcheck.org)

However, Greenspan did acknowledge that the country could not afford McCain's tax cuts.. what's the solution? Heck lets make Greenspan president.

solution... dont cut taxes.

its still better than raising them!

People seem to be overlooking something else too. First of all, that tax increase on those who make over 250,000 a year, WILL in some way be passed onto those who make less. The only way that plan will work to help the middle class regarding income tax is to make everyone making LESS than 75,000/year exempt. That is not going to happen.

Secondly, the biggest fact that is being overlooked by the star struck Obama supporters, is that INCOME tax is NOT the only tax he has committed to raising. People seem to have overlooked the gas and energy tax increases which will affect everyone. Then you also have the increased tax on all of the services that the government offers to those whom already cant survive on the wages they earn. Once those OTHER taxes are implemented, your INCOME taxes will be the LEAST of your worries.

Tax CUTS are the only boo boo that McCains economic package has. while Obama wants to spend trillions (yes, thats TRILLIONS) more for more government programs that we cant afford at this time. National healthcare is a good idea, but he will not get his majority Congress to cooperate, as long as they have insurance companies buying their lunches.

If you ask yourself; "Why do I think that Obama can deliver on his promises?" -and then reflect on how ineffective the Democrat majority Congress has been the last couple years (and Democrats for the past 4+ decades) in delivering on their promises- you JUST MIGHT be able to predict the future of Obama's presidency.

I am not saying that electing McCain will be the answer to the prayers of Americans, but I dont think too many Americans can afford to elect Obama, no matter HOW appealing he is as a candidate.

People may finally realize that we get ourselves into this mess when we refuse to take a chance on options OTHER than those that the federal government wants us to believe are the only "viable" options that we have.

If Obama COULD actually LOWER the cost of everything we pay for, Congress would have already accomplished this if they had really wanted to, however, they have their hands in the mud just as much as the Republicans do. Because they DONT want to change things, Obama wont find the support for getting things done- IF in fact, he really DOES want to "change" things. There is a lot of evidence pointing to his message of "change" being a bunch of hot air, which cant be used as an energy source. So, not ONLY will he not do anything to get the cost of living lowered, he will IN FACT, do all he can to RAISE it!
Edit:
Religion should not be a factor in a presidential election. What about Palin's Church where they speak in tongues, and how she claims that her acts and the Iraq war are 'God's plan'?

If religion should not be a factor, why are you concerned with Palin's? Why do you contradict your own statement, which was all in the sentence just before you contradicted it?

Last edited:

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I think I'd personally prefer Obama to win. Black president of the US would be interesting. Plus a change of party is needed I think.

But hey, I'm not a USA citizen, so I can't actually influence it either way.

bawii

Reaction score
I'm for obama, mccain's so old he'll probably die in office (which will then lead to palin being president)

it's funny how you say obama is full of himself, considering mccain doesn't even remember how many houses he owns, and constantly reminds us that he's a prisoner of war. :p

goldblue

Reaction score
McCain. You need an experience hand to steer the ship out of this storm.

bpakidz

Reaction score
Obama is the biggest n00b ever.. why does he want to divide Macedonia ..McCAIN is the right man .... Hope Obama not to live til the day of the elections ..

Seriously? You do realize what an idiotic thing that is to say? That kind of statement is not taken lightly by the US Government. Consider this post reported.

kkenny

Reaction score
obama is not going to win period.

No, it's people like you who think he won't win. Independents are for Obama, and so are more than 75% first time voters. What does McCain have? Some Libertarians and Conservatives, the same group of supporters who elected bush. I agree. McCain = 3rd season of bush, just a different face. McCain before running for president agreed on many stances that bush had on laws, and that won't change if he got elected, he's just trying to cover it up.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I am going with McCain. I actually like Palin better than Biden also.
People always question Palin's experience. Why don't they go question Obama's instead? I think he just isn't the right fit for the nation now.

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
I should be president - your new commander in chief, Commander Galaxy!!!
Muahahahaha...

w4k3upn0w

Reaction score
McCAIN !
EDIT: this post made my credits 1,111 ... xD

McCain is a joke!
1z1qwch.gif

He would have been better off choosing a sock puppet as his running mate.

:lol:

I think the following video explains just how incompetent McCain and Palin trully are.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1sVz1RkcA

:eek4:

John McCain is now using our current economic crisis as an excuse to suspend the presidential campaign asking to delay Friday's debate. I don't blame him, Obama is going to eat him up alive. McCain has been in office for 26 years and does not know anything about anything. Anytime you ask McCain anything about 'The Economy' or foreign policy, McCain will not answer the question but rather he will go into who he knows, which is what we call name dropping. Anyone can drop names.

pietimer

Reaction score
Right now everyone is pretty excited about Obama because he is a good speaker, but he doesn't seem to do well on the spot. I think he'll lose support once the debates begin.

x_spiey2003

Reaction score
The Republicans are pulling out funding. So Obama

ive always supported obama even without him being very skilled,but if he does what he says he will be a great help to our nation:hahano:

Wastrel

Reaction score
Obama will pull all of our troops back from Iraq and then they'll come and bomb Pearl Harbor. He's pretty pathetic.

Exactly!!

Pulling the troops out is to hand victory to the very people trying to undermine the USA.
I don't live in the USA but what happens there affects me so I'll be hoping like hell that nobama loses..BIG,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.