!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm looking at this report page and then I see this:
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
The error doesn't qualify as any of those.

Why don't you just pm a mod and have them take care of it. ;)

zen-r

Reaction score
I can't be bothered with this any more.

:lol: YOU'VE BEEN HOAXED!! :lol:

You should have just reported the post like I asked. I report posts all the time. That's what the icon is for. PM'ing staff is usually worse.

If you'd reported it, you'd have discovered later that you had reported one of your own posts!

I was going to replace the fake double-post before a mod got to see it, with ;

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare" :lol:

Good prank? What d'ya think?! :)

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm looking at this report page and then I see this:
The error doesn't qualify as any of those.

Why don't you just pm a mod and have them take care of it. ;)

I don't think a mod would be able to do anything about it other than click "edit" and find out what caused the error. I think it's more of an interpretation error by vBulletin or something like that.
Edit:
... Way to be a few seconds faster than me, zen-r.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So then zen-r needs to pm Corey or some admin.

zen-r

Reaction score
(I might have gone on with the hoax a bit longer if ichwar hadn't made me wait for him to have his dinner, in the middle of it! ;) )

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I totally missed zen-r's post.

@zen-r. I left for dinner not because I needed to but because you were acting strange and I needed time to think over what you might be up to before I made any move.

So, good plan, but you weren't able to pull it off well enough to fool me.:naughty:
Edit:
Hmm..

I think my browser is playing up.

Can you see the Latin proverb I pasted in my last post?

It's displaying strangely for me & giving double images & stuff :dunno:
Three lies.

Should I report that post? :naughty:

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I totally missed zen-r's post.

@zen-r. I left for dinner not because I needed to but because you were acting strange and I needed time to think over what you might be up to before I made any move.

So, good plan, but you weren't able to pull it off well enough to fool me.

Only because I took mercy on you & didn't want to spend any more time on it.

Believe me, when I want to hoax someone properly, I get them GOOD! :)

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Actually, the last one wasn't a lie. It was displaying strangely for him, as was for everyone else as well.
No, it wasn't displaying strangely. It was displaying exactly the way zen-r intended it to display. It was displaying so well that it confused me for a tad. As it was, that "post last edited" message at the bottom was the first thing to alert me to something fishy.

zen-r

Reaction score
Thanks Adam.

Your turn to get ichwar next, sometime!

@ichwar, you should now be ---> :eek:hnoes:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Believe me, when I want to hoax someone properly, I get them GOOD! :)
Ok, I took and completed your challenge to figure out a way to make completely white links.

Now, here's my return challenge for you: hoax me properly. Hoax me GOOD. If you can't do that by Saturday this time next week, then you lose. Ok?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
No, it wasn't displaying strangely. It was displaying exactly the way zen-r intended it to display. It was displaying so well that it confused me for a tad. As it was, that "post last edited" message at the bottom was the first thing to alert me to something fishy.

lol For some reason, because of how this thread is filled with oddities (like white text, linked emoticons, period links, etc.), I knew right away that zen-r had just copied his poster info and pasted it as the body of his post.
Edit:
Ok, I took and completed your challenge to figure out a way to make completely white links.

Now, here's my return challenge for you: hoax me properly. Hoax me GOOD. If you can't do that by Saturday this time next week, then you lose. Ok?

I think zen-r is guaranteed a loss here, seeing as you're going to be so alert to anything even slightly out of the ordinary that you're going to investigate extremely closely to anything that's not 100% normal.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't intended as a major prank when I started it, it just sort of developed as the ideas came pouring in! :naughty:

That double-post message really annoyed me. It spoiled the effect!

By the way ichwar, that rant icon I posted much earlier in this thread was actually a hidden link.

No-one suspects those emoticons, & they don't show up any differently as links when highlighted! :biggrin:

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, then, I'll give you 28 days to pull your prank instead of 7. You know a lot can happen in that much time. Take it?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
That double-post message really annoyed me. It spoiled the effect!

No-one suspects those emoticons, & they don't show up any differently as links when highlighted! :biggrin:

Maybe you should start typing faster. :p

And what if the sneaky spammers start making all their emoticons links now? o_O
Edit:
Either one.

I'm a bad pranker, I usually end up pranking myself somewhere along the process worse than I prank the victim. I'll leave it up to zen-r. :D

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So lets hurry up and post a lot in this thread so that zen-r's emoticon-link discovery will be buried in a pile of spam so large not even a spammer will dare sort through it.