!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

zen-r

Reaction score
If you like.

ie. Windows is powerful enough to run me. Linux just isn't up to the job! :biggrin:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What good is an OS that over powers you emotionally and physically?

zen-r

Reaction score
Go back to your Linux thread.

Oh, I forgot, you got too much pie in your face from everyone over there, so you're having to hide out in this thread now, aren't you! :lol:

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
WhooHooo!

I've now reached 7th Richest User ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/credits.php

yahoo.gif

I'd be at 6th, if it wasn't for that rather smug Mr Bob Barker. I'm thinking it will be 2 or 3 more days before I catch him up! ;)

I'd better enjoy my wealthy status while it lasts - I plan to probably start paying people for coding & design services on x10 soon. :)

Why does it only show the top ten? Is there a way to see what rank I am for the richest people at x10Forums?

zen-r

Reaction score
I thought it might be possible using Advanced Members Search, & then sorting in order of credits. But it only seems to allow sorting by Post Count & Rep.

So I can't see how you can do it (though I bet there is a way!)

Edit:
I wonder why you aren't in this list with garrett, under the KB Writer section? ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/showgroups.php

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I guess I just have to wait until I get 20,000 credits to be world-famous.

I don't think that list has been updated for a long time, and I don't even know why inactive members are even being shown.

zen-r

Reaction score
I guess I just have to wait until I get 20,000 credits to be world-famous.....

Well, your Rep says that "you will be famous soon enough". ;)

By the way, what's your web coding like?

I'm just drafting plans at the moment for my forum tool website www.stynt.com which is based on the original concept of the search tool as discussed in this thread ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/review-my-site/100001-lmstfy-let-me-search-you.html

But my new site takes this idea to a whole new level, & would hopefully be useful to many more forums on the internet (& thus get the opportunity for lots of targeted ad revenue!)

I'm hoping that zapzack will be able to help develop it for me (my old, basic html skills aren't up to it) but nothing is confirmed yet, & I may need to bring in other help with the project on all, or parts of it. Zapzack managed to whip up this site very quickly ; www.lmstfy.co.cc, but my plans are a bit bigger. Also, there's some animation to produce (Twinkie may be the one to do this, with luck :) )

I have lots of credits to pay with, or could pay out in percentages of any ad revenue the site makes!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
My web coding isn't amazing enough to make a revolutionary website in a few minutes. I'm more of a "try this, edit code, save, view, try something else, edit code, save, view" programmer - this tends to allow me to catch all the small errors and satisfy my needs for perfectionism.

If you're interested in having me code specific things, or discuss what your plans are with that site, it would probably be better to instant message me. If you don't have AIM or Gmail, you could join me in the IRC.

zen-r

Reaction score
I can let you know if any more coding is needed, after going through my plans with zapzack (I already offered zapzack a first look at my project plans, because he had done so well with implementing my original suggestion for the x10 Search Tool, www.lmstfy.co.cc).

My final draft proposal for the new project is nearly finished, & I will be emailing it to zapzack then (hopefully within the next 24 hrs).

If you want, PM me your gmail & I can send you a copy as well. You have to agree to keep it confidential though, & not use any of my ideas on a similar website project, elsewhere! ;)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
My Gmail email address is the same as my x10Hosting username with @gmail.com attached to it. I'm universally adamparkzer, where ever I go.:)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Now obviously I don't want to shoot down your idea, but how in the world are you going to drive visitors to a site like that?

zen-r

Reaction score
How in the world do you know what my proposed site is like?

How do any sites get visitors?

What have you been up to? - You haven't been annoying us on the forums much lately.

Are these enough questions for you? ;)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
How in the world do you know what my proposed site is like?
I don't. That doesn't mean I can't ask you how you plan to drive traffic.

How do any sites get visitors?
Paid visitors are expensive. Free visitors only come with content.

What have you been up to?
You didn't read my post elsewhere that I had another project that I needed to finish up really soon? I was under the impression that you read ever post in these forums.

Are these enough questions for you?
Did I answer you questions sufficiently?

zen-r

Reaction score
..... Free visitors only come with content.

You didn't read my post elsewhere that I had another project that I needed to finish up really soon? I was under the impression that you read ever post in these forums.....

My site plans have content. And it's a tool. People like tools!

I can let you know my plans too, if you think you might want to help on the project - but it sounds like you may be too busy on other stuff (I should be busy doing other things myself, really, but I like the idea of this website! ;) )

Yes, I did remember that you had another project that you needed to finish. But that didn't mean you have been avoiding these forums lately because of the project.

You may have instead been up to your usual tricks of making cheesecakes, or chasing opossums out of your garden! ;)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A well rounded site has a minimum of 30 pages. Will your site have that many? And if people really like tools, then are you saying that you're not a person since you don't like linux? :D

But I'm way too busy to take on another project. I'm already doing work for fguy, zapzack, ncfic, myself, as well as normal school.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I'm already doing work for fguy, zapzack, ncfic, myself, as well as normal school.

That's nothing. I'm already doing work for myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, and myself. That's six more people that you.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hahaha. very funny. Ok, then, I'm doing work for myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, as well as fguy, zapzack, ncfic, and normal school. That's 4 more people than you.