!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I don't bother backing the whole site up. I keep a backup of the core scripts, and another which I work on to add new features. Every few weeks I manually add all new games to the arcade and, if it's stable, sync the files with my x10 account. Can't wait until I can host all the sites from my own server fully, there won't be half as much downtime, and I'll be able to roll out updates and backups withing minutes rather than hours (no offence, just that shared hosting with thousands of other users on one server is anything reliable ;)).

-Luke.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I thought you where into cars more ?

Yeh, but a Marine Desiel Tech is a job that's in demand as not a lot of people can do it, so the pay it a lot higher (Double to Triple) of what an automotive mechanic makes.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
:(
Yeah, figured that much. Its just a shame the things that most people enjoy are paid so badly.
So you gonna be a grease monkey :p

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
lol, well Auto Techs are really popular, so if you wanted to cut costs you would hire a new guy with less experience for less, but as a marine diesel tech i am looking at probably around an $85,000 to $105,000 salary, or even more:).

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
LOL my Linux box is under a load of 80.58 right now according to it's web server software. PHP is still generating pages with MySQL data around 0.130 seconds which is great for a Pentium III under load.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Brandon said:
but as a marine diesel tech i am looking at probably around an $85,000 to $105,000 salary, or even more.
That's quite a nice sum of money!

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, nice salary! One thing's for sure, me and zapperpost are after the forum games again.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
One thing's for sure, me and zapperpost are after the forum games again.
I noticed that you two have been posting there a lot. I've never been much of a fan of those games.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Well, why not begin to post in those games? They are some nice time killers and keep be busy when I'm not playing shooters on my computer.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I normally do a bit of coding (or attempt to do a bit of coding) to kill time. I may join in with the Forum games a bit more, I don't know.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
LOL me and zapperpost have been going after the games for well over an hour now. Suprised neither one of us are tired yet :p

LHVWB

Reaction score
LOL me and zapperpost have been going after the games for well over an hour now. Suprised neither one of us are tired yet :p

And them I'm the one thats meant to moderator your *posts*. ;) I should start giving out infractions for misspelling and not completely following my interpretation of the rules for each game. :biggrin:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't noticed. Have you been cracking down the problems in the staff forum/Free Hosting forum today?

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have been glued to unsuspension request for 4-5 hours straight. I have done over 240 posts in 1 day. Thats more than most members make in 1 year :eek: